Vapor Trails Remix: The Poll - Will you retire your 2002 messy mix copy, once you have the shiny new WHITE remix

treeduck

Vapor Trails Remix: The Poll  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Once you have the new VT remix will you retire your old 2002 copy?

• YES, I can't wait to file it away under WITHDRAWN FROM RuSh SERVICE
    • No, I have a feeling this new mix will sound less energized, weaker, empty somehow
    • I think I'll be playing both, sometimes back to back!
    • I may put them together in a 2 CD jewel case and create a VT double album
    • I'm not buying the new remix, I like the old one as it is
    • I hate the album regardless of mixing or mastering, the songs f***ing suck! Yes I am rushgoober, of course!
    • I hate the album, I agree that it is a piece of shit, but I'm not rushgoober...
    • I have a feeling I'll start off loving the new mix but eventually revert back to the 2002 edition
    • I'm going to perform numerous sound tests to determine the best version
    • I'll buy it, I don't really care about the mix, I just want to add it to my RUSH collection
    • I may not buy it, I haven't thought much about it yet
    • My name is METALDAD, it's a cash-in job, selling the same album and hoping for the same sales figures just because they f*cked up the mix
    • My name is EARL "Master of Japan" RUSHHEAD, I currently have 79 different editions of the new VT on order!
    • My name is Steevo, I need this album, it makes me hard!
    • My name is Hatchet Pete, this is another opportunity to use my vinyl-hole sized knob!
    • My name is Rick N Backer, I love Poison, they sound like Van Halen!
    • My name is Tick, I want to try and exploit this release event to my own advantage!
    • My name is Babycat, I just want to lap milk from a bowl in front of naked men!
    • My name is coldfire I once challenged Neil Peart to a masturbation marathon, and I came out on top, literally!
    • My name is Johnny Blaze, I just want to slap something on the stereo when I'm banging the Blaze harem girls!
    • My name is Neil Peart, this album is going to fund my new career as a male lap dancer!
    • Alex Laughfson here, this album will keep me in cakes for exactly 3 months
    • Jeddie Lee here, this album will pay for that nose job I've been putting off for decades
    • Tony R here, I'm fat, I'm f*cked and I'm 50, come and get me girls!!!
    • Principled Man here, this year the mighty SAINTS are gonna be brilliant and dominate the NFL!
    • Lost in Xanadu here, this year the Packers are gonna suck dead donkey dong
    • hello I'm Laughedatbytime, the Dolphins new uniform makes me fcuking blind and sick at the same time!
    • The OWL checking in, I've bought the remixed Vapor Trails ten million times in my dreams! I'm just scared that reality will be a bit of a letdown
    • H. P. L. here, I remixed the album myself in 1979, yes more than a decade before it was even released! Ghost Rider is called Happy Days are Here Again on my copy!
    • I am HOBO I like gluing plastic bottles to my crotch and humping ladies in the park!
    • Lerxt1990 here, what remix? What the devil is going on? I'm busy collecting new life from Mars on my bacon sandwich via my back yard porch swing...
    • Eddie Van Halen here, a couple of my albums are brick-walled to death too
    • Cosey Toses here, what? ME buy another copy of Vapid Trolls? I'd rather have my bollocks stapled to an angry baboon's arse!
    • Pags here, look I'm a FIREMAN, I can deal with it, I can deal with a bad mix, I can deal with muddy production values. A bad mix it's like smoke in a burning building ok? And I can see right through it to the love in the people inside!
    • Sunny Sunny Sun girl here, I'll be Geddy's pin-up girl any time he wants it! Neil is creepy now though so he'll have to just deal with that, Alex is my second choice!

Once you RUSH posers get your hands on the new RUSH Vapor Trails remix edition, will it mean the end of the road for your VT 2002 copy? Or will you find yourself sticking with the old one??? Only time will tell of course, but what is your feeling right now based on the two VT song remixes from a while back?

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :guitar:

Edited by treeduck

Oh yeah, I remember it well. I also volunteered to make new art for the cover but the guys wanted to stick with that Syme guy.

I think I'll be jumping back and forth until I find the right balance. I THINK I'll let the old version of Peaceable Kingdom to rest, but that's just an hypotesis.

I suspect that I'll just to a normal, by ear, comparison on my iPod and on my home theatre system and see which song sounds better each time. I have already retired the original CD to get the HD Tracks Remaster, so I'll be comparing the remix against that.

I wonder if I'm going to make it onto one of these polls one day...That's the mark of a TRF celebrity
  • Like 2

I wonder if I'm going to make it onto one of these polls one day...That's the mark of a TRF celebrity

Right? I'm always hopeful, but ever disappointed!

Right? I'm always hopeful, but ever disappointed!

Bribe the duck with a couple of birds and a few quid. That's what I do. He always caves and never disappoints.
  • Like 1

Every time I do one of these things I'm always stuck for names, even the regulars in my polls slip my mind...it just depends...obviously a fool like rushgoober has to go in on a Vapor Trails poll, he's basically begged for it for 8 years!

I'll wait to see what everyone thinks. I have the HD tracks. Of course you have to dumb it down to lesser quality to actually play it on anything. Even at that its better. Not worth the 20 bucks for me. My guess this one won't be better enough to warrant another 20 but if you dorks convince me it is, I may get it.

I'll wait to see what everyone thinks. I have the HD tracks. Of course you have to dumb it down to lesser quality to actually play it on anything. Even at that its better. Not worth the 20 bucks for me. My guess this one won't be better enough to warrant another 20 but if you dorks convince me it is, I may get it.

The only Apple product you need to dumb it down for is the iPod classic, and even that is better than CD quality.

YAY!! A Treeduck Mega Poll!! :yay: :cheerleader: :7up: :banana:

I've missed these and have been wondering when/if I'd see one again!!

:cheers: http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/birds/brown-duck-smiley-emoticon.gif

Every time I do one of these things I'm always stuck for names, even the regulars in my polls slip my mind...it just depends...obviously a fool like rushgoober has to go in on a Vapor Trails poll, he's basically begged for it for 8 years!

Yadda yadda yadda...

Yadda yadda yadda...

I can't spell your name so that's why you never in!

The only Apple product you need to dumb it down for is the iPod classic, and even that is better than CD quality.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought converting the flacs to anything really, downgraded the quality. I know they can be converted to AIFF and therefore not "downgraded" but you can only listen on IPODs. By definition anything played on an IPOD is downgraded sound quality I think. You can't burn AIFF or flacs to cds so can't listen to the HD tracks really on anything other than the IPOD. Seems to me that kind of defeats the purpose of the HD track. But i have them. Yeah for me.

I am hobo and I DO like gluing plastic bottles to my crotch and humping ladies at the park! (?????)

That is FANTASTIC.

Back to back... I want to hear the differences. Which sounds weird. But I love stuff like that - having to focus closely on a track to pick out changes or certain elements I may or may not have heard before.

Yadda yadda yadda...

I can't spell your name so that's why you never in!

Lame excuse, dude...here it is: R-O-D-R-I-G-O. Or you can call me Mr. Awesome, that´ll do. :P :P :P