Question for fans in the front rows for multiple shows...

drumstruck

I was curious to hear from some of the fans who seem to repeatedly score such fantastic seats. I see so many familiar faces in the first few rows. How are you getting these seats? VIP package? And on a more personal level, what is it costing you? What kind of job allows you to follow the band around the country?

I always go with friends, so I never did the single-seat thing. And I'm the only one in my group that would shell out the bucks (though I wouldn't afford more than one VIP ticket).

All you've gotta do is be online exactly at 12:00 when tickets go on sale and dish out 300 per VIP ticket. Not sure how people work the system for front row multiple shows.

Bingo! As a fan who only normally does VIP to get those great seats in question, I'm willing to pay the 300+ fee for the exclusive VIP package. Worth every penny in my opinion. I need to see the guys up close and interact with them, which isn't gonna happen if I'm halfway back on the floor or up in the bowl levels where I fighting to see (I'm "short" at 5'5"). But I do know others that have brokers lined up so they are ensured front row regardless of VIP package purchase or not. Stubhub is very popular for this very reason!

All you've gotta do is be online exactly at 12:00 when tickets go on sale and dish out 300 per VIP ticket. Not sure how people work the system for front row multiple shows.

VIP, huh... These packages involve seats from rows 1 to 15, right? Without knowing where you're going to be until very close to the show? I was on the second of the five pre-sale ticket sites (the first was for AmEx, which I don't have), and at the stroke of the hour, the best I could go was 14th row, which isn't bad, but how do the first 14 rows get sold out so dang fast? Maybe next time (fingers crossed for a next time!) I will try the VIP route, and see what happens. And I will make sure to call in sick at work that day, because only luck and circumstances have made me available for pre-sales so far! :P And, yeah, 300 dollars would be worth it to be able to snag the first couple of rows to be able to watch the boys in action, and be able to interact with them a little, with a little eye contact and such! :)

• Like 1

I did hit front row, seats 1 and 2 this tour via the regular sale..I know I know crazy right just lucky...them I lost them because I typed my cc info in wrong and ran out of time. I just hope a true Rush fan scored them after me.

I'm sure most of the cute girls in the front row have a good set of knee pads to get those seats.

Hey now - I'm good friends with a couple of those girls. I can't speak for all of the front row women, but my friends surely did not do anything like that to score those seats!

Edited by Prime Mover and Shaker

The VIP nation thing is never a lock, even if you get on right at the moment they go on sale. It depends on how fast you are, and how many other fans and calipers are trying for the same show. I just saw Sabbath, and bought packages the second they went live in the first presale, and was done entering all the info within two minutes. 15th row. At the time there were only 4 shows on sale in North America and the show I was buying for was the only NYC area date, with no other shows announced at all. I'm sure every scalper east of the Mississippi was on that one presale. Meet and greet packages sold out in literally one second flat. The only guarantee is to buy on the secondary market (stubhub or another trusted broker), or know somebody with big connections to the band or venue or management, etc.

1st time-spent $400 a ticket.

2nd time-waited 12 hours at GA event.

3rd time-checked TM the week of the show about every 15 minutes, and two front rows popped up, normal price.

I have also got 4th row tickets the day of the show. I will never pay a scalper again! I always do the day/week of show thing now.

Just have to stay on top of it like crazy!

• Like 1

I went to three consecutive shows in '08 I scored second row in Regina, forth row center in Edmonton and first section in the stands by Alex in like the second row in Vancouver just by being fast on the draw on the computer.

the best part was in Vancouver I noticed the Mexican couple that I was sitting beside in Regina down in the second row, basically the same seats they had in Regina.. I got his attention at chatted with him at the boards and he slips me his ticket stub! so I went down and sat beside them in the second row in front of Geddy again in a seat that was empty the whole show!! I couldn't believe my luck!

so ya.. sometimes luck plays a part! but those three shows were the best seats I ever had out of the 10 shows I've been to

I'm sure most of the cute girls in the front row have a good set of knee pads to get those seats.

Wrong!! Some of us pay big $$$ on our own for tix as the hubby just isn't a Rush fan! :smash: :bitchslap:

• Like 2

Wrong!! Some of us pay big $$$ on our own for tix as the hubby just isn't a Rush fan! :smash: :bitchslap:

Yup, it's a lot easier getting 1 front row as opposed to 2 or more front row tix.

Also... that's quite a rude assumption as to how women get front row tickets, not all women sell themselves like that. Maybe if you didn't come off as so bitter you might make some friends in front row and join in on the fun.

• Like 1

Yup, it's a lot easier getting 1 front row as opposed to 2 or more front row tix.

Also... that's quite a rude assumption as to how women get front row tickets, not all women sell themselves like that. Maybe if you didn't come off as so bitter you might make some friends in front row and join in on the fun.

Is that an invitation? :coy:

Yep and when I got my front row ticket in Halifax it was really great that there was no big guy in front of me blocking my view of :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

:7up:

• Like 2