New DT Song

Not sure what to think. After A couple of listenings I am indifferent to this trakk. The other 2 snippets sounded much more interesting though. I have A tikket to DT on February 21st. It will be my first evening with DT! :)

Not sure what to think. After A couple of listenings I am indifferent to this trakk. The other 2 snippets sounded much more interesting though. I have A tikket to DT on February 21st. It will be my first evening with DT! :)

Snippets? What snippets?

Try to enter Dream Theatre snippets in youtube. It should be A couple. Enigma Machine and illumination theory. Cirka 2 minutes of each!

It could be fake. If it is I would like to kone the names on those bands!

If They are real it sounds like Rudess has gotten A more important role in DT. I hope They are real, it would be A Nice move for DT to get A bit more symphonic again.

i was psyched but not surprised when i read petrucci say the new disc is influenced by between the buried and me, animals as leaders and periphery. still have low expectations though.

i

hmm, 2 lame bands and one good one

I like it more than most of the rehashed shit on the last album

JP needs to Stop being the "Producer" and they need to get fresh ears

The drum sound is not so hot

MM is a Great drummer but he needs to stop following the guitar all the f***ing time

Has anyone seen JLB hair these days ? LOL , he looks like a tool

• Like 1

I like it more than most of the rehashed shit on the last album

JP needs to Stop being the "Producer" and they need to get fresh ears

The drum sound is not so hot

MM is a Great drummer but he needs to stop following the guitar all the f***ing time

Has anyone seen JLB hair these days ? LOL , he looks like a tool

Stop following guitar note for note = GRAND idea! Also, this is the first thing that I thought of when I saw James' new look: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/kenamay/JAMES_zps2cc3ab74.jpg

Personally, I've avoided listening to the single or seeking out any music from the new album. Just a little less than 3 weeks left. Then, all will be revealed. I can't wait for the new album.

Hopefully the "Evening with" format from the upcoming European shows will spill over to the US tour. It'd be nice to have 3 hours of DT in concert again and not have to sit through a Trivium or whoever else the label is trying to push on a new audience. Was 'Train Of Thought' the last time they used that format?

• Like 1

Personally, I've avoided listening to the single or seeking out any music from the new album. Just a little less than 3 weeks left. Then, all will be revealed. I can't wait for the new album.

Hopefully the "Evening with" format from the upcoming European shows will spill over to the US tour. It'd be nice to have 3 hours of DT in concert again and not have to sit through a Trivium or whoever else the label is trying to push on a new audience. Was 'Train Of Thought' the last time they used that format?

agreed. either have a good opening act or just do the evening with format like rush.

i was psyched but not surprised when i read petrucci say the new disc is influenced by between the buried and me, animals as leaders and periphery. still have low expectations though.

i

hmm, 2 lame bands and one good one

hmm, lame is not the word i would use to describe any of these groups but if only one can be good by default i assume you like BTBAM.

heres a link to the original article

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/08/15/john-petrucci-says-between-the-buried-and-me-periphery-and-animals-as-leaders-influenced-and-shaped-the-new-dream-theater-album/

I can't form an opinion on Along For The Ride cause I only listened to it once. Probably by 2-3 more listens I'll give my take on it, but if I were to judge by only one listen, it's good but nothing more or less than that.

Listened once, and wasn't impressed at all. I know it's a low-quality stream, but the drums don't sound good at all and LaBrie's voice sounds, for lack of a better word, uninspired. Keyboard solo was good and it was nice to hear Myung, but as a whole, the song didn't do much for me at all. I definitely think that the ballads on ADTOE were far better. Granted, this was only after one listen, so my opinion may change.

I'm probably not going to bother listening to it again, as I'd rather wait and hear it in context. I just hope that this song is the weakest track on the album. Also, I haven't really had any desire to listen to The Enemy Inside recently, so my expectations for this album are pretty low.

I just had the very first listen to Along for the Ride, and am posting this before it even finishes. Differently than all ballads on ADTOE, which I couldn´t really stand, I quite like this track. Actually, com to think of it, since Falling into Infinity I haven´t liked any of their attempts at ballads very much. I think this one has a cool vibe and good chorus. Not cheesy as many of their other ballads sound. And by the way, did you guys notice Myung´s Geddy-like tone towards the end? It´s almost like he took out the Rickenbacker for a spin!