Rush songs you used to,skip, but now enjoy

WavesandWindows

"Mission"

This song didn't stand out much for me until the radio released it live from A Show Of Hands. Hold Your Fire is probably my least favorite Rush album so this song to me really got some help with the live version.

:goodone:

I See Red

Turn in your RUSH card, now! :bitchslap:

Red Lenses is the title :oops:

Marathon for me, especially the Time Machine version, I love the acoustics in the hall and the fade on some of the synth parts just blows me away. :)

Edited by Rhyta

chemistry i love it now, especially after the 5.1 version, also inclined to agree with the poster mentioning the shorter songs off of aftk madrigal, cindarella man, and title, ive tried but ugh! even with the 5.1 versions
  • Like 1

Heresy. I believe that song is as close to pure anger as Peart can get. Very, very thought provoking when you think about the people who lived during the cold war (the baby boomers).

Between Sun and Moon doesn't get skipped anymore.

Believe it or not on my favorite album all-time All The World's A Stage I used to skip By Tor and the Snow Dog alot in my much younger years. Now I must hear it leading into In The End...... :)

Edit: almost forgot :haz:

Edited by Narpzilla

To be honest, I have never skipped Rush songs...as soon as I started to like Rush, I listened to all the songs, and I liked them all! I cant find any song with Rush that I dont like! Trust me..I have tryed.

The synth years. I was such a staunch "Rush only exists until 1981!" kind of fan, but now Signals and Grace Under Pressure are two of my favourite all-time albums, and Power Windows is moving up my list of favourites. Even Hold Your Fire has songs I enjoy.

I feel that once I got over my synthphobia I became much more open-minded about their whole catalogue. I am still not a huge fan of the 90's albums, but I've grown to love a lot of songs from those years, and I love live 90's Rush (and thankfully there are a number of amazing-sounding bootlegs which document that era). Once upon a time I'd pick and choose the pre-81 songs from live albums and just listen to them, but now I play them all the way through. :)

• Like 2

Almost all of Vapor Trails...didn't want to touch it minus OLV, Secret Touch, and Earthshine (I'd listen to these live all day).

Then the remix came out and everything sounds much better.

I still skip the ones I skip...but it's mostly whole albums that I only play if I decide to run the whole catalog.

Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll The Bones, Test For Echo.... I will admit the new remixed version of Vapor Trails is a little more appealing... I haven't "A-B'd" them yet to see if I'm just hearing things....