Presto Tour Question

CE24

I've been going through my RUSH ticket stubs to see what albums that the particular tours supported. I've checked a few sites that list the tour dates. When I check my ticket stub dated June 10, 1990, at Blosom Music Center (Ohio), I see that the sites I check say that Rush played the Richfield Coliseum on June 8, 1990.

I live between these two venues, and they are maybe six miles apart. I find it odd that a band would play two different shows in technically the same city, in such a close proximity to each other. I remember the show. Mr Big opened up, and I had just seen them in a very small club in Cleveland (Peabody's Down Under). I was/am a big Paul Gilbert fan, being a guitar player myself. I just don't remember RUSH playing both the venues two days apart.

I'm sure they would, they don't pick where they play though. That is a little weird, I can see on the first leg of the tour playing one of the venues and then coming back during the second to play the other. That happens all the time. But within two dates. That's interesting.

I'm not sure this answers your question, but it might.

Those two Rush dates of June 8 and 10, 1990 at Richfield and Blossom are correct.

Kiss played the Richfield Coliseum on June 9, 1990.

Maybe, due to equipment, it was easier for Rush to move their stuff over to Blossom for a second night, rather than move all their stuff out for Kiss and then back in the next day.

Maybe Rush scheduled June 8 and Kiss scheduled June 9.

Then, Rush saw the demand was there for a second night and added Blossom due to Kiss' show.

Just a theory.

Edited by scotts
  • Like 1

Lived near Akron my whole life, and have seen many shows, at both Blossom and the old Richfield Coliseum, and I am pretty sure that was the one only time that a band played at both venues the same weekend. Me and three of my friends went to both shows and had second row for the Blossom show. I have seen Rush pretty much every tour that has come through Cleveland since Hold Your Fire and this one was my favorite of all them all, seeing Scars live that close to Neils drumset was the highlight for me. Check out the setlist

I was at the Blossom Show, my memory is vague about the odd scheduling. For some reason I was thinking there was scheduling conflict because the circus was in town playing Richfield, and seeing that Kiss was playing on June 9th i was right.. :LOL: Really probably what scotts posted seems the most logical explanation, demand had them play another night in the area. So since the Coliseum wasn't available the next night played Blossom on the 10th(which was probably booked on the 9th also). ... That was a regular occurrence Rush playing multiple nights in Cleveland.. :sigh: my have things changed, perhaps that was the last time they did? I can't really remember them playing two shows here on tours afterwards? ?And I'm thinking Presto tour the first time Rush played Blossom at least as the main act. And I've seen every Rush tour that came to Cleveland since 1980 and know seen majority of tours at Richfield and Presto Blossom first time i seen them play there. Then of course R30, Snakes & Arrows seen them at Blossom.. Edited by softfilter

They played the Coliseum two nights for the Roll The Bones Tour.

Oh wow, I do remember how quick they sold out( and lucky) me and my friends were to get tickets for RTB. Had to of been the first night? :huh: It was one of my favorites ( not the album) but performance wise they were really jammin and seemed to be having a good time might of been the first time seen Neil smile, which I didn't see again til the 30th anniversary tour. :P