Another tour ending.

HalfwayToGone

Agree with most others that, in spite of me being one of those who was not crazy about the setlist, the show was fun and they are still the one band that no matter how many times I've seen them and regardless of price, they deliver and are worth the price of admission. Funny, I can recall a few incidents of "obnoxious" patrons at other shows(at the Eagles, security had to kick out four drunk 20-somethings who made the mistake of spilling a beer on the man behind them-who happened to be a cop, at Simon and Garfunkel, who were playing at the venue owned by Disney, there was an obnxious noisy group, also of 20-somethings, above us in a suite. People complained to security but there was nothing they could do-the idiot hosting the suite was the son of a high ranking Disney executive who could have had the guard fired we think) but I am hard pressed to ever think of a time anyone ever acted up at a Rush show. Stay classy, Rush fans.

But, going forward, I am wondering where they will be booked in Los Angeles, assuming there is a forward. Their last three tours were at the Gibson Ampitheatre which is closing down to make room for Harry Potter World. That venue seats about 6,100+ but the shows were not sell outs(or at least tix were available up until just a few days before). The same was true for the second leg of the S&A tour where they played the 7,100 seat Nokia theatre and tickets for that were also available. The people who own Madison Square Garden are revamping the 17,000 seat Forum that was pretty much where Rush played in the 80's and 90's. So any Los Angelenos out there care to wonder where they go next? My hunch is if the next tour is a "Farewell Tour," the Forum makes sense.

I'm really not sure what your concerns are.....Rush played the staples center in 2002.....they can play there again....the southern california market is massive and they can draw 10,000 in staples.....the prices at gibson amp the past few tours have been really pricey....but then again, New York and LA prices are always gonna be higher than the smaller markets...

one night at staples is reasonable....they could also skip LA entirely and play the outdoor amp in Irvine and the one in Chula Vista...

Can't wait for the greatest hits tour next. Glad this one has finally egressed down, late-flush.

Why? So that you can complain that the setlist only caters to casual fans?

I'm just calling it in advance, you pathetic troll.

• Like 1

but yeah, woo hoo, awesome tour, glad to have seen them a couple of times (but I never got to hear body electric!!!)

the only classic band I can think of that I would even put on the same level performance-wise is iron maiden, and they have 6 dudes making noise, not 3.

Yeah, Maiden is still relevant, releasing new music and still kicking ass with the original band.

Really?

The only true original member is Steve Harris. Dave Murray would be next closest followed by Adrian Smith. Dickinson wasn't the singer on the the first two albums. Have you heard the original "Iron Maiden" album, or "Killers"?

I call close enough, Maiden has the complete lineup from their glory years (1983+) and Gers and they do still put on a good show. Although a lot of people seemed to hate it, The Final Frontier really grew on me and I think it's easily their best album since 7th Son.

Is everyone depressed here?

Kind of feels empty, doesn't it?

I'm feeling pretty empty about it...having been to the last five shows of the tour, I was just getting into a groove...

my wife and kids on the other hand, are thrilled, especially when i told my wife probably no rush shows for two years....She is very supportive of my rush trips, but would rather have me home....

I so much wanted Rush to announce another leg for september and october through California and the west....but knew it wasn't gonna happen...

I gotta say despite the wonderful shows, I think the guys are happy to have this tour behind them and take a break....they looked pretty road weary the final couple of shows....

I would say that its way too early for me to be depressed about the tour being over. I saw 5 shows in 2013 and I had to be at the last show in KC the other night....it was a last minute decision and the flight worked out or I probably would not have gone. I'm glad I did, very high energy, not perfect performance wise, as i think the focus was elsewhere...but it implies they need a break. As much as i hate to say it, they do. they have toured 6 of the last 7 years, i understand it makes sense with the growth in their popularity and the fact that they are not getting younger...but.....as much as anyone, i want to see them again and again...but they are due a long break.

my thought is, CA is gonna be impossible to top. its that good. if they decide to do something in 2015, they may write a couple tunes and do something like TIME Machine....but there are no albums to do unless its PeW or 2112, both of which would I be estatic about....and so would the diehards....however, vocally, not gonna be a good thing so I think a complete album is out as well....best we can hope for is two or three new songs and a tour with some good mix of tunes....maybe they'll come up with some wacky theme for a R41 or R42 tour...who knows. but if for some unforseen reason, the KC show was it, they went out on a high note touring behind the best album in 30 years....

looking forward to the DVD and audio, i hope they give the show justice and let the music breathe in its raw form...if anyone heard the sample board they posted of the Novia Scotia show, you know if they mix this right, it could be an incredible live album....we can only hope.

Edited by ninjadave
  • Like 1

Wasn't too sure about CA, but the tour stop here in Sunrise fixed that real quick.

I have to echo nhlrush's request for a next album of "just songs".

Another Tour? Yes please, if they can summon the strength, just one more puhleeez?

but yeah, woo hoo, awesome tour, glad to have seen them a couple of times (but I never got to hear body electric!!!)

the only classic band I can think of that I would even put on the same level performance-wise is iron maiden, and they have 6 dudes making noise, not 3.

Yeah, Maiden is still relevant, releasing new music and still kicking ass with the original band.

Really?

The only true original member is Steve Harris. Dave Murray would be next closest followed by Adrian Smith. Dickinson wasn't the singer on the the first two albums. Have you heard the original "Iron Maiden" album, or "Killers"?

I call close enough, Maiden has the complete lineup from their glory years (1983+) and Gers and they do still put on a good show. Although a lot of people seemed to hate it, The Final Frontier really grew on me and I think it's easily their best album since 7th Son.

I say Brave New World is the best post Seventh Son record.

Wasn't too sure about CA, but the tour stop here in Sunrise fixed that real quick.

I have to echo nhlrush's request for a next album of "just songs".

Another Tour? Yes please, if they can summon the strength, just one more puhleeez?

I wasn't requesting a next album....just wondering if at this point they would go back to releasing an album and tour that is just a collection of songs rather than some other kind of themed concept album....

i would love new music, i think all rush fans look forward to new music....but at this stage of the game, any live performances they do, whatever kind of tour they do in the future is pure gravy...

the time is right for them to take a long break..

Really?

Really?

Oh my lord.. Yes! I know Maiden quite well.. I'm aware of the original lineup .. I was just using them as an example of another classic band still kicking ass ..

Everyone just forget I said original:)

Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.

Roger!

Huh?

"L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er."

"Roger!"

"Huh?"

"Request vector, over."

"What?"

"Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324."

"We have clearance, Clarence."

"Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

"Tower's radio clearance, over!"

"That's Clarence Oveur. Over."

"Over."

"Roger."

"Huh?"

"Roger, over!"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Who?"

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 3

Analog, are you feeling okay?

Or maybe you met a new woman?

Or you've been doing some kind of artificial (or not) chemicals that have caused your usually placid self to go awry.

I'm feeling okay. Haven't met a new woman, but if I do you should see me flying high.

• Like 1

This tour was great for them. They toured on a very popular album and they broke ground by tour with additional players on stage. They Really seemed to enjoy sharing the Spot Light with String section and again with The Foo Fighters during their inception into the RRHOF. I think this trend will continue. Now that they broken that 3 piece on stage only thing, I think they have more people join them on stage in future tours. Maybe Amy Mann on Time Stand Still or Ben Mink on Losing it. Who know maybe they'll even bring in guess vocalist to join them on songs like A Farwell to Kings, Freewill, Anthem, Xanadu, Something for Nothing, Bastille Day, Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres. If I were presented with the choice of this or never hearing these songs ever again, I think I would choose to hear them as a quartet with a guess vocalist. Who knows it might sound great! :scared:

Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.

Roger!

Huh?

"L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er."

"Roger!"

"Huh?"

"Request vector, over."

"What?"

"Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324."

"We have clearance, Clarence."

"Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

"Tower's radio clearance, over!"

"That's Clarence Oveur. Over."

"Over."

"Roger."

"Huh?"

"Roger, over!"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Who?"

Captain, how soon can you land?

I can't tell.

You can tell me. I'm a doctor.

No. I mean I'm just not sure.

Well, can't you take a guess?

Well, not for another two hours.

You can't take a guess for another two hours?

• Like 1