Another tour ending.

HalfwayToGone

Although I have been able to see Rush 7 times in the past, I have missed the last 2 tours for different reasons. All the same I have enjoyed immensely reading the many reviews of the shows in TRF

I would like to thank all of you who took the time to share your concert experiences. Although reading them along with the vids and pics was as close as I got, it was still sweet nonetheless!!

Again, Many Thanks!!

Man, this album and tour are going to be VERY tough to follow up.

Indeed......what could they possibly do to match what they did this time? They may have unknowingly made their next tour anti-climactic in advance.....

I went to five shows on this tour and one of the reasons why I forked out the money was because I was concerned that they may not tour again. I know they say that they're planning to, but anything could happen. It's pretty much a given that they'll be working on music but whether or not they'll have the stamina to do such a long tour is hard to tell. You would think that they would want to go out on a high note.

I would rather see them quit touring now than watch them go downhill. I already watched one band do that; I don't have it in me to watch another. It's pitiful to watch.

It's best, as you so very well said Eagle, that they go out on a high note.

Which band is that? YES?

Yeah, Maiden...and still kicking ass with the original band.

Off topic but you're kidding, right? Have you heard the First and Killers?

Do you understand RUSH also doesn't have the original members? They kicked out Rutsey years ago.

Do you understand RUSH also doesn't have the original members? They kicked out Rutsey years ago.

I only wish that they had done one song with the strings that they did not: Losing It. I do not know if that has ever been done on tour (I took a 15 year hiatus from concerts after I paid good money to have Axl Rose call us dumbfux for attending his show.) whatever.

You've got to fill us in on this story. It sounds quite intriguing.

Thanks for five excellent shows, guys! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon002.gif

Thank you and we hope to see you somewhere down the road...

Rush tour over.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad017.gif

Yeah, but that was more like Proto-Rush, they were technically born with Fly By Night

It's sad to see a tour ending. I made it to 2 shows, and the 10 months between them felt like forever but you feed off the excitement of others going to their shows. Then, like everything, it ends. I cannot wait for the Blu Ray to come out. I just hope the editing and audio mix does the CA tour justice. I can only hope there will be another tour someday.
  • Like 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/W_PRAY122.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/W_PRAY122.gif
  • Like 1

I went to five shows on this tour and one of the reasons why I forked out the money was because I was concerned that they may not tour again. I know they say that they're planning to, but anything could happen. It's pretty much a given that they'll be working on music but whether or not they'll have the stamina to do such a long tour is hard to tell. You would think that they would want to go out on a high note.

I would rather see them quit touring now than watch them go downhill. I already watched one band do that; I don't have it in me to watch another. It's pitiful to watch.

It's best, as you so very well said Eagle, that they go out on a high note.

Which band is that? YES?

No. I hate to even name them because they mean more to me than I could ever tell anyone here. They defined who I was as a teenager. The Moody Blues. But only the Moodies from 1967 thru 1972 when Mike Pinder was the genius behind them.

Agree with most others that, in spite of me being one of those who was not crazy about the setlist, the show was fun and they are still the one band that no matter how many times I've seen them and regardless of price, they deliver and are worth the price of admission. Funny, I can recall a few incidents of "obnoxious" patrons at other shows(at the Eagles, security had to kick out four drunk 20-somethings who made the mistake of spilling a beer on the man behind them-who happened to be a cop, at Simon and Garfunkel, who were playing at the venue owned by Disney, there was an obnxious noisy group, also of 20-somethings, above us in a suite. People complained to security but there was nothing they could do-the idiot hosting the suite was the son of a high ranking Disney executive who could have had the guard fired we think) but I am hard pressed to ever think of a time anyone ever acted up at a Rush show. Stay classy, Rush fans.

But, going forward, I am wondering where they will be booked in Los Angeles, assuming there is a forward. Their last three tours were at the Gibson Ampitheatre which is closing down to make room for Harry Potter World. That venue seats about 6,100+ but the shows were not sell outs(or at least tix were available up until just a few days before). The same was true for the second leg of the S&A tour where they played the 7,100 seat Nokia theatre and tickets for that were also available. The people who own Madison Square Garden are revamping the 17,000 seat Forum that was pretty much where Rush played in the 80's and 90's. So any Los Angelenos out there care to wonder where they go next? My hunch is if the next tour is a "Farewell Tour," the Forum makes sense.

I didn't even go to any concerts, yet I feel depressed that the tour is at an end. It is easy to get swept away in all of your excitement, and I find myself genuinely happy for all of you that had the wonderful opportunity to see them, some of you more than once, during this tour.

I'll tell you what I think will happen. They won't go more than a year without getting another tour in motion. Why? Because they know they are in their waning years and don't have many more really good years left. Especially for Neil. Playing the drums for almost three hours is rough at any age let alone someone over sixty. He won't be play as forcefully as he now does for much longer.

That's my opinion. Either they'll tour again beginning in the Autumn of 2014, or they'll call it quits on touring. It takes a lot of energy and "get up and go" to tour. I have to hand it to them and they have my sincere admiration and respect.

It looks like it will be more than a year ..

Rush lighting director Howard Ungerleider addressed the band's future touring plans in this interview from earlier in the week:

... Are they talking about touring again? Yes. They're talking about possibly touring in two years. But there will be nothing again for two years, we know that. ...

So if this is the case, we won't be seeing any kind of 40th anniversary tour next year, nor any tour at all until 2015 at the earliest.

This was on Rush is a band last month. I'm with you in saying they won't want to do a half baked tour, it would be better to think they went out on a high note. Wish I was going to be in KC tomorrow, I just wonder what is going to happen. Guess we have to wait whether we like it or not :(

They know themselves best, so I guess we have to trust their judgment. So far, believe it or not ( :o ), not one of them has called me up and asked me my opinion on the matter. ;)

Hopefully 2014 will be spent making a new album. they still have 5 months to chill for the rest of the year :)

• Like 1

Yeah, but that was more like Proto-Rush, they were technically born with Fly By Night

No, they were "technically born" in 1968 playing school gyms and small bars. But you know that already

but yeah, woo hoo, awesome tour, glad to have seen them a couple of times (but I never got to hear body electric!!!)

the only classic band I can think of that I would even put on the same level performance-wise is iron maiden, and they have 6 dudes making noise, not 3.

Yeah, Maiden is still relevant, releasing new music and still kicking ass with the original band.

Really?

The only true original member is Steve Harris. Dave Murray would be next closest followed by Adrian Smith. Dickinson wasn't the singer on the the first two albums. Have you heard the original "Iron Maiden" album, or "Killers"?

Having just seen Sabbath two nights ago, I can add them to the list of old-timers with true staying power. Unbelievably great show! Even without Bill Ward. Tommy Clufetos kicked serious ass on the drums. For all you VIP nation folks—I bought 4 packages the moment they went live on the presale, and once again got the last possible row—15. My luck with VIP nation obviously sucks, although the show I attended went on presale before the larger tour was even announced, so there were only 4 shows in the entire country, and this was the only NYC area show, so every scalper east of the Mississippi was on that presale. Still, Sabbath from row 15 was killer.

Ok digression over. I guess now we have to wait for the CA tour DVD for our RUSH fix until the band makes their next move.

No, they were "technically born" in 1968 playing school gyms and small bars. But you know that already

Yes, but their SOUND, the Rush sound was created with Fly BynNight

Yes, but their SOUND, the Rush sound was created with Fly By Night

Yes, but their SOUND, the Rush sound was created with Fly By Night

Peart would probably disagree with you