My favorite Rolling Stones song

After this discussion I'm starting to think that the Rolling Stones and Poison are the same band...

:LOL:

No surprise there.

Errr shouldn't you be using a crack pipe jibe about now, you haven't done it for about 20 minutes! :LOL: ;)

Midnight Rambler, Monkey Man, She's A Rainbow, Let It Bleed, Happy, Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For The Devil... they have too many "favorites" to name ;)

When I think about it the Stones are not really that much of a rock band really. They have more ballads, country tunes, pseudo-blues, wank funk and annoying pop than anything else.

This is just too funny.

If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.

Keith Richards

• Like 2

I really like Start Me Up, Under My Thumb, Angie, and It's Only Rock and Roll :)

I haven't missed a Stones show in the NYC area since 1972. Out of all the shows ( that I can remember ), this performance blew me off my feet. Not my favorite Stones song but could be my favorite performance.

I saw two stops from the Some Girls tour: Brendan Byrne Arena and Capitol Theater.

http://youtu.be/oBlLbNVBKCc

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

When I think about it the Stones are not really that much of a rock band really. They have more ballads, country tunes, pseudo-blues, wank funk and annoying pop than anything else.

Duck, I told you to put down the pipe.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash. Those two, alone, are in the conversation for the quintissential rock tune of all, f*cking, time. In fact, I could name about 20 other songs by the Stones that aren't just great rock tunes, but songs that people could credibly bat around when discussing "The Greatest Rock Song of All Time."

You're probably the king drug taker I know nothing about hard drugs! Don't associate me with your habits!

They have a few rockers but not that many when you go through their albums, maybe 2 or 3 an album. That's a low percentage.

Yeah, I am Duck. :wacko:

The Rolling Stones? The band people refer to as the "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World"? "A few rockers"?

I'm going to place a pencil in front of your eyes. Follow the pencil with just your eyes. Keep your head facing forward.

Well you keep going on about crack pipes for some reason. I know you've just picked that saying up from somewhere else but it kind of sounds ridiculous as a way of discrediting someone's opinion, don't you think?

I don't care what a band is known for, I use my ears to hear their music not my eyes to read someone's opinion of them.

Are you trolling? If not, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Like 1

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash. Those two, alone, are in the conversation for the quintissential rock tune of all, f*cking, time. In fact, I could name about 20 other songs by the Stones that aren't just great rock tunes, but songs that people could credibly bat around when discussing "The Greatest Rock Song of All Time."

You're probably the king drug taker I know nothing about hard drugs! Don't associate me with your habits!

They have a few rockers but not that many when you go through their albums, maybe 2 or 3 an album. That's a low percentage.

The Rolling Stones? The band people refer to as the "Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World"? "A few rockers"?

I'm going to place a pencil in front of your eyes. Follow the pencil with just your eyes. Keep your head facing forward.

Well you keep going on about crack pipes for some reason. I know you've just picked that saying up from somewhere else but it kind of sounds ridiculous as a way of discrediting someone's opinion, don't you think?

I don't care what a band is known for, I use my ears to hear their music not my eyes to read someone's opinion of them.

Put down the crack pipe pal!

• Like 1

I haven't missed a Stones show in the NYC area since 1972. Out of all the shows ( that I can remember ), this performance blew me off my feet. Not my favorite Stones song but could be my favorite performance.

I saw two stops from the Some Girls tour: Brendan Byrne Arena and Capitol Theater.

http://youtu.be/oBlLbNVBKCc

It bugs the shit out of me when people say Charlie is "mediocre".

The guy f***ing rules.

I'm not sure why so often on this board it's so hard for someone to say, "I don't personally care for [X} but I can see why others do . . . " or words to that effect.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why so often on this board it's so hard for someone to say, "I don't personally care for [X} but I can see why others do . . . " or words to that effect.

I just said what I think, why do you object to that? It's not a big deal.

As did I. I think there's a difference between saying, "The Stones suck," and saying, "The Stones aren't a rock band," just like there's a difference between saying I'm a jerk and saying I'm a thief. One is a pure opinion, which everyone has every right to express, the other suggests it's an observation based upon facts, which I think is open to challenge. But, like you said, it's not a big deal. On that we agree.

As did I. I think there's a difference between saying, "The Stones suck," and saying, "The Stones aren't a rock band," just like there's a difference between saying I'm a jerk and saying I'm a thief. One is a pure opinion, which everyone has every right to express, the other suggests it's an observation based upon facts, which I think is open to challenge. But, like you said, it's not a big deal. On that we agree.

It's only your opinion of my opinion though. My opinion could mean many things to many different people. What you think is an observation may not be, you can interpret anything multiple ways.