Blondie . The End !! .

By Tor

Well.. Debbie Harry as called time on Blondie. (Adolf called time on Blondie with a Luger)

So then here is a thing .

Did Miss Harry invent Rap ?

She had a song called Rapture in 1981 which indeed had Rap in it .

Now I know that in those days we did`nt have M.T.V. 1 Radio station that played Pop songs that were current and the rest followed .No internet or 24/7 T.V. and we only had 3 Channels up to that point and just one maintream Music show . Top Of The Pops .

So it was really "Hit" songs you heard .

I can not remember ever hearing some dude going off rhymeing about men from Mars eating cars or "YO Be`atch let me see your Rabbit hutch" stuff before Blondie.

So the question is .

Was Blondie to blame for 30 odd years of Rap hell ?

Evidence .

That`s that debate buggered then Bluefunk . :16ton:

Just shows how much I was paying attention in those days .

Edited by By Tor
  • Like 1

Well I guess I should be glad I am going to see them next month since it will probably be their last tour.

Debbie Harry is as old as my Mother-in-Law. My husband hates when I point this out. :D-13:

Well I guess I should be glad I am going to see them next month since it will probably be their last tour.

Debbie Harry is as old as my Mother-in-Law. My husband hates when I point this out. :D-13:

I don`t dislike her , I must admit I did kinda tap my foot once when I heard her in those early days .

But gotta remember I was listening to Hemispheres when she was all the rage .

• Like 1

First off, great hitler reference. I can never get enough of them. Debbie saw rappers on the streets of New York and had one on a track. Definitely not an invention of rap.