Heavy Metal 1980 Live album released by RUSH

treeduck

I dunno I can't find a tracklisting for it yet...

:rage:

I take it this has not been released either, beyond the bootleg circuit? What a tease. :LOL:

It's in amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-St-Louis-1980-RUSH/dp/B00B627YTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375382081&sr=8-1&keywords=rush+live+in+st+louis

Oh snap, sorry.

Features & details 1980

8 Musictracks + 1 Bonus-Track

CD produced 2012 by ON THE AIR Records

It's selling amazon US for $29.50 from 4 vendors. Oh double shnap, forget it.

I dunno I can't find a tracklisting for it yet...

:rage:

I take it this has not been released either, beyond the bootleg circuit? What a tease. :LOL:

It's in amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-St-Louis-1980-RUSH/dp/B00B627YTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375382081&sr=8-1&keywords=rush+live+in+st+louis

Oh snap, sorry.

Features & details 1980

8 Musictracks + 1 Bonus-Track

CD produced 2012 by ON THE AIR Records

It's selling amazon US for $29.50 from 4 vendors. Oh double shnap, forget it.

Tracks are listed, at least on the vendor I checked (prog Germany).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g-2O64XtL._SX450_.jpg

Audio CD

Number of Discs: 1

Format: CD

Label: ON THE AIR Records

Lovely looking CD cover! :ebert:

Thanks for the tag, Duck! :smoke:

Tracklist :

2112 -- 15:07

The Spirit Of Radio 5:24

Natural Science 8:20

Beneath, Between & Behind 2:44

By-Tor & The Snow Dog 5:18

Xanadu 12:27

Medley a) Working Man b) Finding My Way c) Anthem d) Bastille Day e) In The Mood f) Drum Solo 15:17

La Villa Strangiato 9:58

Bonus-Track (Exit...Stage Left LP outtake, 1980) Vital Signs 5:10

I want it!!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51g-2O64XtL._SX450_.jpg

Audio CD

Number of Discs: 1

Format: CD

Label: ON THE AIR Records

Lovely looking CD cover! :ebert:

Thanks for the tag, Duck! :smoke:

hello Baby! :pussy: :hi: :blaze: :angel:

Isn't this the same as the bootleg La Villa Strangiato? I believe it's the same concert. A radio broadcast.

I have this as the St. Louis '80 Remaster, but there is a discrepancy in the track order and times of the songs.

• Like 1

Has that version of Vital Signs ever been released on CD? It might be worth it just for that, but that is a bit of scratch for one song. I've had the remastered boot forever and this is probably the same thing like the one called ABC that came out not long ago, an unofficial boot with professional packaging. I hate that cover, it looks like a college student that just learned how to open Photoshop made it. Rush would never release something like that. As I said in another thread, Rush should get ahead of this stuff and start gathering the best bootlegs, giving them a real mix and releasing them themselves. We would be happy, they would be happy, we all would be happy.
  • Like 1

Overture, The Temples Of Syrinx, Discovery, Presentation, Soliloquy and Grande Finale. That's based on my copy of the bootleg. It's probably the same on this release.

If my memory is correct, it is the same as what you get on All The World's A Stage which 'drbirdsong' listed. However, just like ATWAS, you only get a snippet of Discovery.

• Like 1

This is a gray market release of the bootleg (Just like that ABC 1974 release)

The live Vital Signs track is the B-side from the New World Man single.

It was never commercially released on CD, but I do have it on an ABC Radio Networks hour long CD program called The Live Show which aired the week of 2/13/1989 or around the time A Show Of Hands was released.

This St. Louis show is among the top 5 most widely distributed Rush bootlegs and should be very easy to find. There are many (myself included) that enjoy this recording even more than Exit...Stage Left for a number of reasons.

To add to the above, Rush will not get any money from this cd. Just like the ABC cd release it is not endorsed by Rush or their record company. You can get this boot easily (Soundaboard) and it really is a great show. Save the money to get some authorised Rush stuff and enjoy the show for free.
  • Like 1

I'm intersted to find out what the source is for this recording. If its MP3s, like the ABC release is said to be, then its useless to me.

If not, I may be interested to add this to the half-dozen or so other recordings of this that I have.