Vapor Trails Remix!

Jaminbenb

Ged: I really think we should remix VT. Its obviously the biggest piece of sh!t in our catalog.....a f*cking embarrassment.

Alex: C'mon guys. It sounded pretty good while I was blazed on Waikiki beach. After 100 consecutive listens it finally clipped- I mean clicked.

Neil: You know, there are enough people bitching about it on TRF, why don't we just go ahead n redo it and give these peasants what they want. If they're dumb enough to keep buying these DVDs we release every 6 months, they're dumb enough to pay twice for a sh!tbomb album like VT. Geez, I can't stop thinking big.

Alex: Extracting profit on a dead asset, with minimal effort, while masquerading it as proof that we really do give a sh!t about artistic integrity. Fantastic. U really are a genius, Neil.

Neil: Fine. Now tell me you're sorry for disparaging me back when I auditioned for the band, you bastard.

Alex: Ok, I'm sorry aboot that. But who carries their musical instruments in trash cans? Great first impression, btw, eh?

Neil: Don't start with me. I'll have u buried in so much synth on the next album, you'll think its 1985 all over again. You know I'm capable of doing this.

Ged: Alright, alright enough of this, you guys! 40 f*cking years of this. Please. Lets get back to devising more ways of increasing revenue with little or no effort. I have another dvd idea brewing: "Clockwork Angels, Revisited: The Setlist Remains the Same"... It will be the exact same concert as our new dvd, but this time we'll take a plethora of different YouTube videos of this same show and piece it together into one. We'll digitally "enhance" it - cough, cough- and our fans will tout it as one of the most revolutionary moments of our dvd history.

Neil: Let's hit the irony while its hot. Ah ha ha ha!

• Like 5

I'm truly amazed that anyone is spending money on this album more than once. I still want my $15 back from 2002.

I'll send you $15 if you'll give up this Vapor Trails vendetta of yours! ;)

I'd do it for $500.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon for $9. But if it were $15 I'd have ordered it just the same, despite the fact that I shouldn't spend a penny it because YOU don't like it. :)

I'm truly amazed that anyone is spending money on this album more than once. I still want my $15 back from 2002.

I'd do it for $500.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon for $9. But if it were $15 I'd have ordered it just the same, despite the fact that I shouldn't spend a penny it because YOU don't like it. :)

Can't you just set something up that Goobs is locked out of any threads once the words Vapor Trails or VT are mentioned in it? ;)
  • Like 1

I'd do it for $500.

Can't you just set something up that Goobs is locked out of any threads once the words Vapor Trails or VT are mentioned in it? ;)

Believe me, if that were possible we'd have done that on May 25th 2005.

• Like 4

Unless you have top of the line stereo/audio equipment wonder how much difference the new remix will be?

Even I, who hate the album, have to chime in on this one. The quality of how an album is mixed, remastered, etc. makes an ENORMOUS impact on how different it will sound. Sure, the better sound equipment you have, the more startling the difference (since higher end equipment both magnifies flaws and great sound), but even a crappy system should make a huge impact. The album the way it is, is VERY difficult to listen to. I struggled through it several times to try and get into it, and besides just hating the album entirely, it was actually physically painful to listen to with all the brickwalling and clipping. I kept wanting to turn it off to make it stop. On subsequent listens to a fan remaster, the sound wasn't painful anymore. The album still sucked, but that's a whole different matter. A remix and remaster will make a world of difference in terms of the sound - especially a remix where different instruments are given stronger or weaker placement in the mix from the original.

Makes me look forward to it even more :) I don't have crappy equipment just convenient and old technology.. My outdated Kenwood home theater system. And sony combo cassette stereo 5 disc cd carousel mini system... Well...ok maybe it is crappy!! :LOL: What I noticed first impression about the original Vapor Trails cd was a murky muffled sound at least that's what i picked up on. :huh: Edited by softfilter

Alex: Extracting profit on a dead asset, with minimal effort, while masquerading it as proof that we really do give a sh!t about artistic integrity. Fantastic. U really are a genius, Neil.

The whole skit was funny, but this line made me laugh out loud.

I'd do it for $500.

Believe me, if that were possible we'd have done that on May 25th 2005.

Stop it you guys - you know I just HATE all this attention. :P

Ged: I really think we should remix VT. Its obviously the biggest piece of sh!t in our catalog.....a f*cking embarrassment.

Alex: C'mon guys. It sounded pretty good while I was blazed on Waikiki beach. After 100 consecutive listens it finally clipped- I mean clicked.

Neil: You know, there are enough people bitching about it on TRF, why don't we just go ahead n redo it and give these peasants what they want. If they're dumb enough to keep buying these DVDs we release every 6 months, they're dumb enough to pay twice for a sh!tbomb album like VT. Geez, I can't stop thinking big.

Neil: Fine. Now tell me you're sorry for disparaging me back when I auditioned for the band, you bastard.

Alex: Ok, I'm sorry aboot that. But who carries their musical instruments in trash cans? Great first impression, btw, eh?

Neil: Don't start with me. I'll have u buried in so much synth on the next album, you'll think its 1985 all over again. You know I'm capable of doing this.

Ged: Alright, alright enough of this, you guys! 40 f*cking years of this. Please. Lets get back to devising more ways of increasing revenue with little or no effort. I have another dvd idea brewing: "Clockwork Angels, Revisited: The Setlist Remains the Same"... It will be the exact same concert as our new dvd, but this time we'll take a plethora of different YouTube videos of this same show and piece it together into one. We'll digitally "enhance" it - cough, cough- and our fans will tout it as one of the most revolutionary moments of our dvd history.

Neil: Let's hit the irony while its hot. Ah ha ha ha!

Av ha ha ha....Great one! :)

The remix/remaster sounds great! Much more details available, allowing the better part some light. I thought it was the guitar that was the main troublemaker. Sounds like the base sound is also very growly.

I'd do it for $500.

The economic value of attention whoring is now known.

I have my own values... but I can be bought. :yes:

There are some better samples here:

http://www.bestbuy.c...rails&lp=3&cp=1

It sounds like it's going to be great! :haz:

Holy crap. The bass sounds like a bass rather than a rhythm guitar with bad distortion. Drums sound less like pops and...well...like drums and I'm really loving bringing the vocals more center. Dammit record player, I need that part to arrive before next wednesday!

Wow... Sounds like a completely different band!!! Haven't heard drums this clearly since Counterparts!!! I didn't know Neil still used bass drums!! :eyeroll:

Someone get this guy to remaster the sonic mess that is Clockwork Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

it does sound really good. The only thing I noticed that bothered me is the guitar in Vapor Trail sounded a little buried compared to the bass and vocals.

There are some better samples here:

http://www.bestbuy.c...rails&lp=3&cp=1

It sounds like it's going to be great! :haz:

Holy crap. The bass sounds like a bass rather than a rhythm guitar with bad distortion. Drums sound less like pops and...well...like drums and I'm really loving bringing the vocals more center. Dammit record player, I need that part to arrive before next wednesday!

Wow... Sounds like a completely different band!!! Haven't heard drums this clearly since Counterparts!!! I didn't know Neil still used bass drums!! :eyeroll:

Someone get this guy to remaster the sonic mess that is Clockwork Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

it does sound really good. The only thing I noticed that bothered me is the guitar in Vapor Trail sounded a little buried compared to the bass and vocals.

Yes, I'm listening to the clips, and I noticed that in Earthshine. And in Secret Touch a bit. I heard some weird guitar feedbacky howly swirl right after 'the way out' part ends, during the patented stutter-stops, before the main body of ST kicks in. Never heard that before. Peaceable Kingdom made me drool a little. And mmm.. Freeze.

It all sounds very interesting, and I'm definitely looking forward to spend some time with it. Looking forward to hearing what's to be heard! Although it took some years for a couple, I'm a fan of all of these songs. I don't think I've ever really ranked Rush albums, but Vapor Trails sure feels like a top 10 Rush album for me.

:hail: :rush:

p.s. I just did a side by side with amazon's original VT samples. It positively crackles on Secret Touch, and Neil's snare sounds awful on some songs. Unfortunately, the samples don't match up so you can't do a proper side by side, but it is revealing. I will be doing good earphone comparisons with these two on Monday, for sure. :haz:

• Like 2

Just ordered this and I am stoked! I left my original copy in a car I sold and haven't had it for six years now. It'll be like hearing it for the first time again! :dweez: :haz: :7up: :whipgirl: ....and a pre-emptive :moon: to you know who.
  • Like 2

Cd japan is listing Vapor Trails shm cardboard sleeve cd as the Remixed one, is this correct or do you think this is the 2002 mix...???

http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=WPCR-14997

The cover portrayed on that page clearly says "Vapor Trails Remixed" on it.

And if that doesn't clear things up, this should:

ヴェイパー・トレイルズ/ ラッシュ ヴェイパー・トレイルズ/ ラッシュ [ラッシュ・アトランティック・イヤー [ラッシュ・アトランティック・イヤー ズ 紙ジャケット&SHM-CDシリーズ] ズ 紙ジャケット&SHM-CDシリーズ] 2002年に発表した今作は、前作『テス 2002年に発表した今作は、前作『テス ト・フォー・エコー』より実に6年振り ト・フォー・エコー』より実に6年振り に発表された作品。90年代後半にドラ に発表された作品。90年代後半にドラ マーのニール・パートに起こった悲劇 マーのニール・パートに起こった悲劇 (交通事故により愛娘を失ってしまう)を (交通事故により愛娘を失ってしまう)を 経て、しばらく音楽活動を停止していた 経て、しばらく音楽活動を停止していた 彼らが発表した復活作。 元ドリーム・シ 彼らが発表した復活作。 元ドリーム・シ アターのマイク・ポートノイによる特別 アターのマイク・ポートノイによる特別 寄稿を日本盤のみに掲載! アルバム全曲 寄稿を日本盤のみに掲載! アルバム全曲 を新たにリミックスした2013年最新マス を新たにリミックスした2013年最新マス ター音源を使用。解説・歌詞・対訳付。 ター音源を使用。解説・歌詞・対訳付。

• Like 1

Cd japan is listing Vapor Trails shm cardboard sleeve cd as the Remixed one, is this correct or do you think this is the 2002 mix...???

http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=WPCR-14997

The cover portrayed on that page clearly says "Vapor Trails Remixed" on it.

Yes i does, but I'm still not sure about that. These shm cd's have been advertised for a long period of time, and the album cover used to be the 2002 cover, an then it suddenly switched to the new one just now...