I'm sorry, this is ridiculous.....

nhlrush

Nhl, you are a Rush snob. :laughing guy:

Are you so numb that a thrill still doesn't go through you when they play Tom Sawyer, or you watch them playing it on DVD? If so, you had better make an appointment with Dr. Sheldon Cooper and see what he can do for you.

Good luck! ;)

Are you so numb that a thrill still doesn't go through you when they play Tom Sawyer, or you watch them playing it on DVD? If so, you had better make an appointment with Dr. Sheldon Cooper and see what he can do for you.

Good luck! ;)

Lorraine,

you know what? you are right....

when it comes to rush, i am a snob, i admit it....

You are right, I do not get a thrill when I hear Tom Sawyer, I say, gee, this is five minutes of a show that could make room for something else...

but then again, I have heard it live in EVERY show I have ever been to since 1983....so for me, I would take EVERYDAY GLORY over Tom Sawyer any show anywhere....but that's just me, a rush snob....I know why they play it...for the fan who is just seeing the one show on this one night, I get it....

I understand when it comes to rush, I am this way....but just Rush, pretty regular considerate person otherwise...

• Like 2

Imagine if the guy's name had been By-Tor..... :eh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/bahaha-1_zps2d8129af.gif

By the way, how old were you when Tom Sawyer came out? I am not being sarcastic, but if you were a toddler, I can understand why the song doesn't mean much to you.

Never mind, I see you weren't a toddler as you are only a few years younger than me.

See Dr. Sheldon anyway! :LOL:

I've watched Rush's live concerts so many times I can turn to my (dis-interested) boyfriend and say..

Wow, this is the polar opposite of myself and every other male Rush fan I know- they love them, but their wives or girlfriends or whoever just think all RUSH songs are "20 minutes long and guitar solos with a million notes with a terrible singer who sings like a girl". Hahahaha, that's almost a direct quote too!

By the way, how old were you when Tom Sawyer came out? I am not being sarcastic, but if you were a toddler, I can understand why the song doesn't mean much to you.

Never mind, I see you weren't a toddler as you are only a few years younger than me.

See Dr. Sheldon anyway! :LOL:

you know what's so funny about this whole tom sawyer thing.....my first memory of hearing rush.....spring 1981, 7th grade school picnic, someone had a boom box (remember those?) and i heard side one of moving pictures and my life was changed forever....

first song...yeah, the very tom sawyer, look, i like the song....who doesn't who likes rush? neil's drums are unreal, signature rush....

but in my snob world, tom sawyer, been there, done that.....anyone want to hear Tai Shan? alright, just kidding...

I just read where Geddy really likes Tom Sawyer and still enjoys playing it after all these years...who am I to argue with Geddy.

I would love to win a meet and greet but I have a feeling I would act a fool and be disapointed in myself ever after.

Edited by hcm
  • Like 1

:Neil: Hey Dirk, have you heard the latest?

:geddy: The latest what?

:Neil: The latest that's going on at TRF?

:Alex: Neil, what the hell you are doing snooping over at TRF? I thought you avoided that place.

:Neil: Never mind what I'm doing there. Do you want to hear what they're doing over there or what?

:geddy: Neil, quit the dramatics and just tell us.

:Neil: Our fans are rating themselves - you know - who's the fan-est fan, who's the least fan-est fan. Stuff like that.

:Alex: Well, who's winning?

:Neil: Some dude in his fifties. Calls himself AFLRush, or is it KGBRush? No. That's right. think football. It's NFLRush.

:geddy: And who's losing?

:Neil: One of your women Dirk.

:geddy: :o

:Alex: :o :o

• Like 4

Good luck! ;)

Lorraine,

You are right, I do not get a thrill when I hear Tom Sawyer, I say, gee, this is five minutes of a show that could make room for something else...

but then again, I have heard it live in EVERY show I have ever been to since 1983....so for me, I would take EVERYDAY GLORY over Tom Sawyer any show anywhere....but that's just me, a rush snob....I know why they play it...for the fan who is just seeing the one show on this one night, I get it....

I understand when it comes to rush, I am this way....but just Rush, pretty regular considerate person otherwise...

'Everyday Glory'!!!!!

I like your thinking, but 'Tom Sawyer' really does have a good energy at shows, and unfortunately there'd be only a very small audience for 'EG'. I'd seriously wet my pants in happiness if this happened, though!

'TS' is not my favourite song, but it is a very good song, and concert-goers really connect with it, and that makes it worthwhile to have. If I ever got a chance to make up my very own personal setlist, though... 'EG' would surely be replacing it! ;)

This reminds me of a story I have about being pissed when a "non-fan" won a meet in greet:

Years ago, my local classic rock station had a breakfast party up by the lake. There were door prizes and two grand prizes - one was a hot tub, the other a M&G with Rush that weekend at the SPAC show. I was too young to attend this "drinking at 10am" party, but I listed to the radio morning show at home since they were broadcasting from there.

Anyways, the DJs went to pick the grand prizes out of the hat of names. For some reason, they did the M&G one first and pick some dude's name out. "Congratulations to... "John" - you just won a M&G!!" to which drunken "John" stumbled up to the DJ stage and replied "oh...eh, I would have rather won the hot tub..." The DJ's said "Well, if that's the case - " but "John" interjected and said "Nah, I'll take the M&G... whatever..." and stumbled away. And I could hear the DJ say "No really! The Rush fans are going to kill me if I let you have this!!" "John" insisted he was happy with this prize when in reality, he sounded the exact opposite..

So, in other words, this man who was clearly not a Rush fan got a M&G ... and probably a real Rush fan got the stupid hot tub :rage:

• Like 1

:Alex: Neil, what the hell you are doing snooping over at TRF? I thought you avoided that place.

:Neil: Never mind what I'm doing there. Do you want to hear what they're doing over there or what?

:Neil: Our fans are rating themselves - you know - who's the fan-est fan, who's the least fan-est fan. Stuff like that.

:Neil: Some dude in his fifties. Calls himself AFLRush, or is it KGBRush? No. That's right. think football. It's NFLRush.

this is really funny, but you know its nhlrush, right? and for the record i am 45....please don't put me in my fifties yet, i feel old enough and with the amount of small kids at rush concerts lately, i feel really really old....

i mean i have rush shirts older than most of the audience these days, and that's no joke, i do...

• Like 2

Good luck! ;)

Lorraine,

'Everyday Glory'!!!!!

I like your thinking, but 'Tom Sawyer' really does have a good energy at shows, and unfortunately there'd be only a very small audience for 'EG'. I'd seriously wet my pants in happiness if this happened, though!

'TS' is not my favourite song, but it is a very good song, and concert-goers really connect with it, and that makes it worthwhile to have. If I ever got a chance to make up my very own personal setlist, though... 'EG' would surely be replacing it! ;)

Mika, i picked EVERYDAY GLORY for you....

i never get tired of listening to it....it is one of my all time favorites....everything about it...

but in reality, i would take almost any song over Tom Sawyer at this point, just to be able to say i heard something i have never heard before...like Cut to the Chase....

I am really not putting down Tom Sawyer, its just my personal preference to hear something else....

the truth is I am thrilled to be on the road seeing rush right now....they can play whatever they want....just happy they are still up there doing their thing...

two more shows and then who knows? its gonna be sad walking out of the Sprint Center in Kansas City this Sunday....

:laughing guy:

this is really funny, but you know its nhlrush, right? and for the record i am 45....please don't put me in my fifties yet, i feel old enough and with the amount of small kids at rush concerts lately, i feel really really old....

i mean i have rush shirts older than most of the audience these days, and that's no joke, i do...

:laughing guy: Leave it to me to goof up - NFL - NHL - all the same to me. Sorry. And i thought your profile page said you were 54. I don't seem to be doing very well today. Could account for the fact as to why I am at the bottom of the Rush fan-est fan list.

Oh well, I love them anyway. Give Geddy a wink for me at the Kansas City show (who cares if he thinks your odd for doing it; just do it ), and give Gangster a hug for me. Be sure to compliment her on the manicure she got yesterday just for Geddy.

• Like 1

:laughing guy:

:laughing guy: Leave it to me to goof up - NFL - NHL - all the same to me. Sorry. And i thought your profile page said you were 54. I don't seem to be doing very well today. Could account for the fact as to why I am at the bottom of the Rush fan-est fan list.

Oh well, I love them anyway. Give Geddy a wink for me at the Kansas City show (who cares if he thinks your odd for doing it; just do it ), and give Gangster a hug for me. Be sure to compliment her on the manicure she got yesterday just for Geddy.

I'm picturing Geddy receiving a wink from this big hulking guy (I have no idea if you're a big hulking guy, NHL, but it's what I'm picturing!) in a hockey jersey, and what his facial expression reaction would be be.... hang on, I think there's an appropriate photo somewhere....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Rush/tumblr_me8e1gNCUY1rtkjr7o1_400.jpg

:)

ETA: I'm liking my own post because I find it funny! :LOL:

Edited by Mika
  • Like 4