TRF favorites you usually skip...

Lost In Xanadu

Had my ipod connected to my car the other day, with Rush on shuffle. Jacob's Ladder came on... and I skipped it! I notice I do that quite often with that song. It plods along to me, and I have to be in the right mood for it. I know many on here love it, but it's one of my least favorite of the "long" songs.

I also was listening to a shuffle recently and I tend to skip anything that has been overplayed, yes even YYZ sometimes. But as Enemy says, I am usually in the mood for a certain era of Rush to get the most enjoyment out of it. Lately it has been CA.

I love all of the 10 minute-plus songs, but they don't always fit the situation or the mood, and they get frequently skipped. Some of the super-heavy played songs on the radio get skipped too.

I skip the long songs (not enough time), Tom Sawyer (heard it too much), The Body Electric (not a big fan), the live drum solos (sorry Neil), some of the tracks off their first couple of albums(prefer to hear their more polished songs, and the song that seems to be my iPod's favorite when shuffling...Animate (love the song, but it seriously appears one of every three shuffles it seems, have just heard it too much). If I have a longer amount of time to listen to my iPod, then I skip nothing, but on short walks to get slurpees or just flicking on my dock for a little bit, these are what I skip

when I'm driving I'll skip Xanadu only because I'm scared of air-drumming myself into a ditch..
  • Like 1

Dog Years, Virtuality and Speed of Love own my Skip button! :outtahere:

Out of the Cradle seems endless to me. The Larger Bowl. All of the first LP. Sometimes I wish Presto would magically disappear.
  • Like 2

Dog Years, Virtuality and Speed of Love own my Skip button! :outtahere:

. Sometimes I wish Presto would magically disappear.

:laughing guy:
  • Like 1