What does everyone do for a living?

twwells

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I was curious to know what everyone does for a living. I personally would like to contribute to the forum more but I'm always busy with work or raising my daughter that will be 2 next Wednesday and preparing for my son's arrival in mid-August.

I am an active-duty Marine and have been since October 2002. It's been interesting so far, and I'm over the hump so in less than 10 years I can start collecting a decent pension and hopefully get a good job with a logistics company.

What about everyone else?

• Like 3

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I was curious to know what everyone does for a living. I personally would like to contribute to the forum more but I'm always busy with work or raising my daughter that will be 2 next Wednesday and preparing for my son's arrival in mid-August.

I am an active-duty Marine and have been since October 2002. It's been interesting so far, and I'm over the hump so in less than 10 years I can start collecting a decent pension and hopefully get a good job with a logistics company.

My father in law was in the Navy over 20 years, forgive me as I can't think of the exact title, but he was an officer and looked over Paperwork. He got a great job at Roquette for over 20 years after the Navy, just retired last year. He says the pension was worth sticking with it.

I'm currently a stay at home mom looking for at least a part time job. Optimistic! :D

My husband makes the bread LOL

I work in a law firm's library.

Cheers,

frippy

I fly satellites.

I think your employer, the NSA, refers to them as drones. ;)

• Like 1

I fly satellites.

NRO, dood.

:yes:

National Review Online???

• Like 1

I fly satellites.

NRO, dood.

:yes:

National Review Online???

National Reconnaissance Office?

You're probably right, I was just teasing him.

• Like 1

Captain on an offshore supply vessel that services mainly oil rigs and platforms.

Which vessel is that, GoaR?

I work in Procurement for a Norwegian oil & gas company called Statoil. Much like Ancient Ways, I find the corporate world to be quite boring. But at least I buy stuff for the drilling department, which to me is the most exciting part of the oil business. And after changing jobs (and countries) for many times in my 15-year career, I feel that it´s time I settle down for a few years. I´ve been with Statoil for 3 years now, and looking forward to at least 3 more!

I am on LinkedIn, it´s a good tool to keep in touch with friends from other companies I work for, and also to be aligned with market trends, new opportunities etc., whatever your line of work is. Feel free to add me up: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=1571461&trk=tab_pro

I work in the exciting world of corporate management at a Fortune 500 company. Conference calls are probably the coolest thing I do.

You too, eh?

Financial Advisor. Tedious but very rewarding when you're able to tell someone that they're going to be ok and they can retire. Had a lady cry on me once when I showed her the numbers and explained that she could retire if she wanted.

On the other hand I deal with a lot of dumbasses that blow A LOT of money on stupid shit.

Captain on an offshore supply vessel that services mainly oil rigs and platforms.

Which vessel is that, GoaR?

I work in Procurement for a Norwegian oil & gas company called Statoil. Much like Ancient Ways, I find the corporate world to be quite boring. But at least I buy stuff for the drilling department, which to me is the most exciting part of the oil business. And after changing jobs (and countries) for many times in my 15-year career, I feel that it´s time I settle down for a few years. I´ve been with Statoil for 3 years now, and looking forward to at least 3 more!

I am on LinkedIn, it´s a good tool to keep in touch with friends from other companies I work for, and also to be aligned with market trends, new opportunities etc., whatever your line of work is. Feel free to add me up: http://www.linkedin....461&trk=tab_pro

The vessel I work on is the M/V Amy Candies and, coincidently, we're working in Brazil. Right now we're working out of Aracaju but my vessel has been working in Brazil for almost six years. The ports we have worked out of have been, in chronological order; Macae (for about ten months), Itajai (for about four years), and now Aracaju since about October 2012, with brief stints in Rio and Pecem. We've also made stops for repairs and things in Salvador and Recife.

As for Linkedin, I don't have an account and don't plan to get one. Social pages and things like that are just not my thing. I do have a facebook page but I rarely post there. For the most part I only go there to check in and see what's going on with my family. Anyway, thanks for the invite though.

BTW, I have two Brazilian friends I've worked with in the past named Rodrigo. One of them was a radio operator with me for a little while and the other was my sub chief engineer for a couple years. In fact, the engineer was just in my city last week going to a class at the Caterpillar place.

Até logo e boa sorte.

• Like 1