Scariest movie scenes?

hobo73

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Antichrist.jpg

This movie veers between scary and creepy. It is not recommended for the faint of heart. The scariest part for me was a talking animal (no, really, it is blood curdling). The scariest part for any woman that sees it is probably a scene near the end that involves scissors and genitalia. It's up close and uncensored. Uuugh, I get a shudder thinking about it.

Edited by drbirdsong

Yeah that's what Lars Von Trier will give you. He stirs up some debate every now and then in my country :)

I have seen the clip you mentioned with scissors and genitalia, and found it more gross than disturbing. I think the emphasis on the graphic nature of movies, contra the psychological and subconscious aspect has numbed us (read: me) down to an extent where it just grosses you out. I'm old school. The things you don't see is the most scary, because our imagination is our own worst nightmare in that regard.

Take for an example a poorly lit hallway. Suddenly the lights in front of you goes out, leaving only a subdued light above your head. Your hear someone breathe quietly, and wait - is that footsteps? Already the mind is occupied with the thought that someone or something is waiting in the dark in front of you. We fuel our worst fears with our imagination, and Hitchcock was a master at taking advantage of that :)

Try to think about that next time you walk someplace dark. There could be someone there - why not? ;)

• Like 1

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Antichrist.jpg

This movie veers between scary and creepy. It is not recommended for the faint of heart. The scariest part for me was a talking animal (no, really, it is blood curdling). The scariest part for any woman that sees it is probably a scene near the end that involves scissors and genitalia. It's up close and uncensored. Uuugh, I get a shudder thinking about it.

I have read a LOT about this movie. I never, ever plan to watch it for a few reasons.

- the subject matter, why they lose it.

- THE GENITALIA SCENE. NOOOOOOOOO.

- It'll just depress me....also, talking animal, huh? lol

Yeah that's what Lars Von Trier will give you. He stirs up some debate every now and then in my country :)

I have seen the clip you mentioned with scissors and genitalia, and found it more gross than disturbing. I think the emphasis on the graphic nature of movies, contra the psychological and subconscious aspect has numbed us (read: me) down to an extent where it just grosses you out. I'm old school. The things you don't see is the most scary, because our imagination is our own worst nightmare in that regard.

Take for an example a poorly lit hallway. Suddenly the lights in front of you goes out, leaving only a subdued light above your head. Your hear someone breathe quietly, and wait - is that footsteps? Already the mind is occupied with the thought that someone or something is waiting in the dark in front of you. We fuel our worst fears with our imagination, and Hitchcock was a master at taking advantage of that :)

Try to think about that next time you walk someplace dark. There could be someone there - why not? ;)

AGHHHH I LOVE IT. Exactly!

Original Halloween is my all time fave horror movie. No gore, but it is terrifying and the suspense is smothering at times. Love it.

It's also something that's realistic, not some CGI fake monster. A psychopathic killer in a mask butchering people, it's happened.

I hate gore. Movies that are bloody just for the sake of being gross.

• Like 1

Original Halloween is my all time fave horror movie. No gore, but it is terrifying and the suspense is smothering at times. Love it.

It's also something that's realistic, not some CGI fake monster. A psychopathic killer in a mask butchering people, it's happened.

I've never seen Halloween for some odd reason. Maybe I should take the time and watch some night ;)

It could be that I'm prone to suspenseful movies, or my natural disposition to anxiety and nervousness makes me wanna get it out of my system. Have you ever walked through a forest or park when dark, and been sure you saw or heard something in the shadows? I do everytime :facepalm: <--- to scared to look smiley, lol.

Kubrick did it well in The Shining with the two twin girls. Now it seems to me that most directors think "hey let's have a little girl in a dress, and make her evil. Yeah, that'll work".

I've never seen Halloween for some odd reason. Maybe I should take the time and watch some night ;)

It could be that I'm prone to suspenseful movies, or my natural disposition to anxiety and nervousness makes me wanna get it out of my system. Have you ever walked through a forest or park when dark, and been sure you saw or heard something in the shadows? I do everytime :facepalm: <--- to scared to look smiley, lol.

Kubrick did it well in The Shining with the two twin girls. Now it seems to me that most directors think "hey let's have a little girl in a dress, and make her evil. Yeah, that'll work".

I don't like evil little kids. I always said, I love my daughter, but he second her eyes turn red and she vomits blood all over me or crawls up the wall, I am OUTTA THERE.

Halloween is great!! A simple scene in it where Michael Myers just calmly steps out from behind a row of hedges and stares silently at Laurie as she walks down the sidewalk. Or when she sees him in her backyard staring at her through her bedroom window!! Creepy!! XD

Oh my imagination ALWAYS gets the best of me. I'm 23 years old and still find myself dashing to the bedroom after I turn out that last light at night haha

Edited by hobo73
  • Like 2

I don't like evil little kids. I always said, I love my daughter, but he second her eyes turn red and she vomits blood all over me or crawls up the wall, I am OUTTA THERE.

Halloween is great!! A simple scene in it where Michael Myers just calmly steps out from behind a row of hedges and stares silently at Laurie as she walks down the sidewalk. Or when she sees him in her backyard staring at her through her through her bedroom window!! Creepy!! XD

Oh my imagination ALWAYS gets the best of me. I'm 23 years old and still find myself dashing to the bedroom after I turn out that last light at night haha

"I always said, I love my daughter, but he second her eyes turn red and she vomits blood all over me or crawls up the wall, I am OUTTA THERE."<-- LOL :laughing guy:

And when all the lights are turned off and you are safe and sound in bed, you start to wonder if you remembered to lock the front door! :blink: :unsure:

• Like 1

You should watch this movie. This is the entire movie "Midnight Offerings". It stars Melissa Sue Anderson ("Mary Ingalls" on Little House on the Prairie) as bad witch Vivian who goes against good witch Robin, played by Mary McDonough ("Erin Walton" of Waltons). Cheesy, but entertaining made for TV movie from 1981. Oh, and Mrs. C from Happy Days is in this as is Vanna White as a cheerleader. http://youtu.be/cP7U_ryCf2I

Halloween is great!! A simple scene in it where Michael Myers just calmly steps out from behind a row of hedges and stares silently at Laurie as she walks down the sidewalk. Or when she sees him in her backyard staring at her through her through her bedroom window!! Creepy!! XD

"I always said, I love my daughter, but he second her eyes turn red and she vomits blood all over me or crawls up the wall, I am OUTTA THERE."<-- LOL :laughing guy:

And when all the lights are turned off and you are safe and sound in bed, you start to wonder if you remembered to lock the front door! :blink: :unsure:

Things crawl in the darkness, that imagination spins

• Like 2

I can't think of many right now, but here's one that really scared the f**k out of me:

Ju-On: The Grudge-

when the woman wakes up in the middle of the night to find the ghost bending over the bed to stare at her

That scene f***ing ruined my life! I was so shaken after seeing that movie that I had to sleep with my mom for 2 weeks and with a night light on... and to this day I still hold a slight grudge (no pun intended) against the friend that made me watch it :LOL: It's an extremely well done horror film for sure.

Damnit, after being reminded of that scene I won't be able to sleep tonight

Edited by lemonycake

This scared the bejesus out of me as a kid !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV1V0U41HI4

Creeps me out. I hate the thought alone of being watched through a window.

Now I know what to do for your birthday. :blaze:

Movies are great. Characters usually do things I'd never do! If I found that little whispering vampire saying "Let me in Johnny", regardless if he were a friend, I'm throwing a rock at it!

Scariest scene for me was the last part of Paranormal Activity - holy crap: I jumped so high I nearly ended up in the ceiling, coupled with"F****** hell!"
  • Like 1

The clothesline scene in the original Halloween.

You know a director's brought his "A" game when you can pull something like that off in broad daylight and still have it be jarring.

That's for sure my most favorite directed movie of all time.

http://www.moviefanfare.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Halloween.jpg

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 2

The movie Zodiac was so creepy! Two scenes from it were really scary- one is where Jake Gyllenhall goes down into the dark basement with the weird movie projectionist. The movie guy says he lives alone and then they hear footsteps over head . . . . .

The other one is where the Zodiac killer has disabled a woman's car under the disguise of pretending to fix her tire and she and her baby have to accept a ride with him . . . the tension builds as she realizes what has happened and is deciding if she can get away . . . . :o

Edited by blueschica

http://photo.boxingscene.com/uploads/roberto-duran-robert-de-niro%20(6).jpg

Hands of Stone.

Edgar Ramirez as Roberto Duran. I like Ramirez. HE should be in a Marvel flick/Marvel Netflix show.

Here's your trivia for today:

Duran was in Rocky 2 as Balboa's sparring partner.

• Like 2