Just gotta give my two cents to what was perhaps one of the greatest Rush Concerts ever put on. As everyone predicted the small arena made the Sound Quality spectacular beyond compare. Every note was crystal clear and not muffled in any way (not counting when it's supposed to sound muffled) and Geddy's voice was almost perfect, especially on subdivisions which sounded so close to the album it was mind blowing. Though the concert had a minor flub or two, and I had a personal bad experience with a drunk guy just getting into my car that would not leave and got grabby when I shouted for help (thanks mystery rush fans that helped), the concert could only compare to me hearing the set for the first time in Winnipeg under complete surprise. Other highlights include the fact that though the set was A, Limelight was played (Body Electric is not a personal favorite), and the other 3 songs (all of which I prefer their B variants by a tiny bit) were played magnificently (particularly the solo at the end of Bravado), the hall was more compact, so it had more hard-core Rush Fans (I swear I heard singing for their big hits), I had a seat which gave a full view of the lighting rig (it was really colorful for this show I realised) Alex's singing was audible a couple of times and it actually sounded pretty good, the unique Red Deer Shirt for sale was great, and finally, Geddy seemed to be having the time of his life at this show. I know he probably smiles the most of the three, but he just seemed so happy to do this show. Oh one last thing, Alex conducted the orchestra during YYZ and it was glorious. Apologies to everyone who could not make this amazing concert, and thanks to Rush for donating their time and efforts to everyone in Calgary. What did everyone else think of the show?
  • Like 3

Nice summary. Regarding the set list, they played Limelight, Bravado and what song(s) from Clockwork Angels? Did they play 7 Cities or Wish them Well?

Also - what about Manhattan Project vs Dreamline? Which one did they play?

Thank you!

Amazing Show. Great Sound. I'm still smiling from ear to ear. Very special for us, first time ever being in the front row, right in front of Geddy. My ears are still ringing now. Manhattan Project. To the best of my memory the CA tunes were Caravan, CA, Anarchist, Carnies, Halo, Wreckers, Headlong, Garden. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or missed anything.

Even though they started an hour late the didn't shorten the set, thank god. Although those of us driving home to Edm or Calgary after the show are probably a little tired this morning but totally worth it.

They also ran out of pretty much all Merch. The Red Deer flood shirt ran out first, then I decided I'd try for the red sphere, but long gone. Almost everything was and the lineups just never let up

Edited by bootlegguy

I'm still on my way back to Edmonton. I agree with all you said this show was AWESOME! I got to Enmax around noon and chatted with roadies and string members and met so many cool people!

I made a sign but it didn't get me sticks.. It said "BLAH BLAH STICKS BLAH" . But from row 10 at least it made the big screen a few times and Got some laughs! Lol

I bought two of those red deer shirts, two others, a hoodie, key chains and pins.. I want to remember this show!! It was amazing!!

• Like 1

Possibly the best Rush performance I've ever seen. The show was delayed due to some technical issue but it was totally worth the wait. And yes, Neil was rocking so f**kin' hard that he broke his kick drum.

It wasn't the Kick drum per say. It was the pedal assembly. I could see it from my spot. Broken spring I think becayse the footboard looked like it was stationary on the floor, therefore the pedal doesn't come back up for the next hit.

It wasn't the Kick drum per say. It was the pedal assembly. I could see it from my spot. Broken spring I think becayse the footboard looked like it was stationary on the floor, therefore the pedal doesn't come back up for the next hit.

Ah, ya we were at the back of the rink at row 7, love the sound and energy of the Centrium, that's possibly what made it the best Rush show I've seen.....possibly.

• Like 1

It was my favourite show, beating my Vapour Trails Experience by a hair. It helps that I have had plenty of time to warm up to not only the CA material but also the PWin material, that although still one of my least favorite albums those songs still sound absolutely great live. I hate to say it but Limelight was probably the most boring song for me last night compared to Grand Design. It means a lot that these guys were willing to come here on their own dime and play the full meal deal show for free just to help out some fellow canucks. It would have been much easier to do like Kiss and other Saddledome booked acts and just cancel. I just hope that they had 1% as much fun as I did, grinning away in the front row.

Nice summary. Regarding the set list, they played Limelight, Bravado and what song(s) from Clockwork Angels? Did they play 7 Cities or Wish them Well?

Also - what about Manhattan Project vs Dreamline? Which one did they play?

Thank you!

Oh it was the A set except for the limelight switch, so bravado, Seven Cities, and Manhattan

I'm still on my way back to Edmonton. I agree with all you said this show was AWESOME! I got to Enmax around noon and chatted with roadies and string members and met so many cool people!

I made a sign but it didn't get me sticks.. It said "BLAH BLAH STICKS BLAH" . But from row 10 at least it made the big screen a few times and Got some laughs! Lol

I bought two of those red deer shirts, two others, a hoodie, key chains and pins.. I want to remember this show!! It was amazing!!

Oh that was you, I almost took your sign that you left behind as a memento, but decided not to, due to lack of space.

Oh that was you, I almost took your sign that you left behind as a memento, but decided not to, due to lack of space.

haha shoulda grabbed it! actually I should have kept it too lol. were you the one sitting behind me who asked to see what it read by any chance?

I just found this video that shows my sign, and Geddy greating the crowd :cheers:

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 3

Best performance I've seen from the lads, I thought even better than VT. Good, appreciative crowd, even if the pinhead to my left snaked the shirt I caught from Geddy.

Liked the set list. Loved the mini-solos from Pratt. And I think Audrey is hotter than Adele. Just sayin'

haha shoulda grabbed it! actually I should have kept it too lol. were you the one sitting behind me who asked to see what it read by any chance?

I just found this video that shows my sign, and Geddy greating the crowd :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENgf3zYdu4

No, I was in row 16, a shortish guy in a power windows shirt wearing Goggles

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but good job to the girl in section K who seemed to have the entire show choreographed whether it be sticking her fist out like superman when Geddy said the words Headlong Flight, or just doing large sways from side to side during Seven Cities. It was always entertaining to watch when I needed to move my eyes.