Official Halifax Recordings

Nathan

Rush just posted some of the official recordings from the first Halifax show on the Quebec festival website, to help make up for cutting that show short.

http://infofestival.com/Artistes/Rush/

Click "Remix for Quebec" on the right. Manhattan Project, Red Sector A, YYZ, The Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer & 2112.

Available for 24 hours only.

• Like 5

Rush just posted some of the official recordings from the first Halifax show on the Quebec festival website, to help make up for cutting that show short.

http://infofestival.com/Artistes/Rush/

Click "Remix for Quebec" on the right. Manhattan Project, Red Sector A, YYZ, The Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer & 2112.

Available for 24 hours only.

Thanks for posting this :)

How can you download this?

Nevermind, grabbed it using download helper with Firefox. If you want it, PM me. I don't want to share it publicly, because I don't want a lawsuit, but it is easy enough to obtain yourself.

Edited by Spindrift82

Just use google chrome, enable "stereo mix" under recording devices, then open sound recorder or any other audio capture program. bam.

that being said...

WOW

Everything sounds HUGE

Last chorus of Manhattan Project just blew me away. Imagine how good the DVD is going to be...

I can't wait to see them in 9 days!

Edited by Nate1647

This is about as much as they cut out of the set due to the 'thunderstorm that never came'. It makes sense they'd release this portion, especially if they had played Body Electric on the night (because of Manhattan Project)

HOW TO DOWNLOAD: I had success using this method with Google Chrome, I imagine there's a similar procedure using other browsers: http://www.symbianiz...ad.php?t=563330

Thanks. Worked for me too. Would love to have this as lossless file.

I wanted to listen to some new music at the weekend, until this recording showed up here. So it's gonna be :rush: time again.
  • Like 1

Yes it's only 1/5 of the show and we've heard these songs a thousand times but listening again today, I'm reminded again why I consider Rush the greatest band ever and why I started this awesome journey with them 33 years ago.

Thanks so much for the tip! Worked easy for me...and I'm a tech spaz. This is too great of a recording to not save.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD: I had success using this method with Google Chrome, I imagine there's a similar procedure using other browsers: http://www.symbianiz...ad.php?t=563330

as a professed audiophile, I have to say that this is the best recording of modern-day Rush I've heard since Different Stages. I'm absolutely blown away!!!!

THIS should be the official audio release!!

It would kind of be an ideal if they did something similar to Different Stages, take the audio from multiple shows and release an audio CD of it. But they were on fire on that Halifax show.

• Like 2

It would kind of be an ideal if they did something similar to Different Stages, take the audio from multiple shows and release an audio CD of it. But they were on fire on that Halifax show.

I felt that they were even more on fire at the second Halifax show. There was a certain looseness, yet aggresiveness (especially with Alex) at that show. They really were firing on all cylinders on July 14th.

• Like 1

Everything sounded great. Really like the new Red Sector A. Tom Sawyer still gives me chills, and Alex shredded on Grand Finale.

This really got me primed and looking at youtube- all the 2013 fan vids. As usual, the direction can be Maddening at times (boop, pow- haha), but I do appreciate them. One dude shot from the first row it seems. What a vantage point. Proof positive that front row is the best. Love the 2013 Edition Bravado, with a different Alex solo treatment. Great stuff out there. Fun to watch the fan stuff- will hold me till the official release of the CA DVD/CD.

:hail: :rush:

• Like 1