What are some of the funniest/most insane things you have seen Alex do/say onstage?

What are some of the funniest or most insane things you have seen Alex do or say onstage over the past 4 decades?

I think it was R30 in PA - was it LaVS? He was just ranting and mumbling on and on about nothing and the crowd would just mumble back at him in response. We did this for several minutes -

First leg of the Time Machine Tour in Seattle. In 2112 on the "and the meek shall inherit the earth," line, he COMPLETELY butchered it, like not even close. Geddy stops mid line and goes "where are you?!," while laughing, and Neil counted them back in. Alex ran and hid behind his "amps," then came out and sat down on the riser for the whole first verse cause he was laughing so hard.
  • Like 1

I don't know if this is funny but during the Summerfest show in Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago, at the beginning of Carnies (between the carnival sounds and guitar intro) he was standing center stage and quickly ran to his pedal board to change effects. Don't know if that's funny or not.

Barclays Center, Brooklyn - 2012:

Alex doing a funny dance twice during 2112 because his guitar stopped working all of a sudden! Someone caught it on camera :D

Starts at the 4:30 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjDjM7iJclg

When wireless units fail, they fail bigtime! It's also suprising how long it takes a pro guitar tech to get him a replacement. 45 secs is an eternity in the middle of an encore song.

Alex making fun of the kissing lovebirds in front of me at the Grand Rapids show during Tom Sawyer! Absolutely Priceless!! C'mon, I wasn't the only one at the show...where's someone here that was there to back me up on this? I was doing this... :LMAO: :LMAO:

funniest/ most insane? I heard he used to play this song called 'Roll the Bones'..

Back in the 80's when they were doing The Weapon, Alex use to dance hilariously. He got down on the floor to 'breakdance' while video of the Count was saying 'look at him dance'. There used to be a real good homemade video of this on Youtube with Alex wearing splash pants, but I can't seem to locate it anymore. I loved that.
  • Like 1

Well I have a recording of the Puppets version of closer to the heart from Europe in 1992. Alex is talking to himself into the mic, basically. I also have a 1990 recording of In The Mood. They would always scream into the mics after the last chourus line. On top of that, I have a Closer To The Heart Rant from 1994, where Neil became Bob Barker. For Those who don't know who Bob Barker is, he fought Adam Sandler on a golf course in Happy Gilmore. Also in Philadelphia durring YYZ, Alex's wireless failed, and luckily it was fixed, but it was fixed JUST before the solo. It was kinda scary. Not to mention Alex's Paris Hilton Rant from Radio City Music Hall in 2004.

Oh and also I saw this on youtube...In 1992, during the encore, just at the start of finding my way, Neil stood up and started doing windmills on is air guitar.

Alex doing his 'soft shoe' in Cleveland last year:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/Rush%20Cleveland/IMG_1711.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/Rush%20Cleveland/IMG_1687.jpg

During TM tour, what show I'm not sure because we seen so many in the past 3 years. but they played a short version to Bangkok.

Alex got so into token off the fake joint his eyes rolled back in his head and sat down in front of his amps for at least 30 seconds.

My wife really thought something was wrong. He is a funny one.

Back in the 80's when they were doing The Weapon, Alex use to dance hilariously. He got down on the floor to 'breakdance' while video of the Count was saying 'look at him dance'. There used to be a real good homemade video of this on Youtube with Alex wearing splash pants, but I can't seem to locate it anymore. I loved that.

the video I was referring to must have been a bootleg, but the Grace Under Pressure DVD version of the Weapon demonstrates what I find so funny.