Hey Everyone. I am constantly plagued with the question on whether or not it is odd my choice of favorite bands/artists. Obviously Rush is my favorite band, but before I heard Rush for the first time, I was a huge Green Day fan, and I made the leap without much hesitation, all my colleagues at my music school found it odd that I could jump so quickly from the simple styles of punk rock to the diverse and hard to digest genre of Prog rock, and they are all musicians who are supposed to be open to all genres. Later on I discovered Oingo Boingo, a somewhat hard to classify band (closest to 80's alternative dance rock) that was fronted by film composer Danny Elfman. Though others could at least tell I could relate rush to them because of their non-conformist writing and composition, people found their sound different still to accept how I could so easily jump to this band. Then I made probably the most odd jump of all. I became a major fan of Owl City. For those who don't know, he is an indie Synth-pop/rock act that has two hits with Fireflies and Good Time. In other words, I jumped into popular music. He still had a great quality of writing that I loved, and I could relate to his basement synth compositions and common themes of insomnia and introversion, but people were still shocked, even my other musician buddy who up until then understood my changes had a hard time digesting this (I got him to turn around eventually though). And now I have finally I have gotten into They might be Giants, which though is a more understandable group after seeing how eclectic my music choices are, still seem far away from everything else with their more homespun indie sound. Or to Sum up, I like... Rush (Prog), Oingo Boingo (80's Alternative Dance Rock), Owl City (Indie Synth pop), They Might be giants (Alternative), and Green Day (pop-punk). What does everyone think? Thanks for reading my ramblings. RushBoingo

Try breaking your paragraphs up a bit mate and maybe I'll read it next time... :P

I can't for some reason the enter button does not work.

It still amazes me that young people like yourself get into Rush .

Just shows what a great band Rush are and always will be .

As for myself I was a Wings / Beatles fan before I got into Rush . :)

It still amazes me that young people like yourself get into Rush .

Just shows what a great band Rush are and always will be .

As for myself I was a Wings / Beatles fan before I got into Rush . :)

Aye...

:hail:

Edited by treeduck

Try breaking your paragraphs up a bit mate and maybe I'll read it next time... :P

Is there something wrong with your computer or is it the forum?

I've developed this same problem...only on this forum. started a couple of months ago. Odd

Any combinations of the bands, you listen to and like is never an odd mix. For me, when I think of the list of bands I love, I always think what could they bring to the table that is different from the other bands I love and go from there.

The power of deciding favorite music doesn't have to be narrowed down to one whole genre or something. It can be widen where it is ok to love bands from a variety of genres such as metal, punk, alternative rock, hard rock, classic old-school rock, progressive, and other non-rock genres just as long as these bands have a lot of integrity and be open-hearted.

Edited by Anguyen92

Problem with the forum, can anyone help me out?

=0 =0 =0 =0 =0

It's a dead man's party, who could ask for more

Everybody's coming leave your body at the door

Leave your body and soul at the door

Don't run awaaaay, it's only me!

Yes yes.