What's the oldest "wearable Rush T-shirt you own?

theanalogmiddleagedman

I had to give my daughter my Presto T as it was too tight. I can still wear my Roll the Bones t-shirt. but it just barely covers my belly, so no one wants to see that. My Counterparts t-shirt has shrunk up to doll size.

Amazingly, my TfE shirt still looks brand new.

Good topic. The oldest that I am aware of is Counterparts.

My first Rush show was HYF and I got two shirts from that show. Have no clue whatever happened to them but they wouldn't fit anymore. At the same time I would have never thrown them away. My ex-wife probably got rid of them. I think I still have a Presto shirt but haven't seen that one in years either. I believe I could pull that one off if I could find it. I never recall owning a RTB shirt but I most likely got one at the show.

I proudly wear my Caress Of Steel shirt now, but I certainly did not get that one in '75/'76.

• Like 1

Oldest wearable is Counterparts and then Vapor Trails after that to the present. Also have the Geddy solo album shirt,

Oldest that I could wear if I didn't store them in a box unworn is Presto and forward. I doubt the Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows and Hold Your Fire still fit, but they are in the box with the others.

Oldest and wearable? Good question. I think it stretches and is a bit short now but it's a Signals shirt from 1983.

I have an original 1980 Tour shirt that I found in great shape on Etsy.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/mens-apparel/permanent-waves-world-tour-raglan.html

It's like this one but without the print on the back and it doesn't say "Permanent Waves" on the front. I love it and wish I could wear it more often but I'm hesitant to bring it out of the closet too much, it already has a few little holes in it. :( But it's older than I am which I think is pretty dang cool.

My first Rush show was HYF and I got two shirts from that show. Have no clue whatever happened to them but they wouldn't fit anymore. At the same time I would have never thrown them away. My ex-wife probably got rid of them. I think I still have a Presto shirt but haven't seen that one in years either. I believe I could pull that one off if I could find it. I never recall owning a RTB shirt but I most likely got one at the show.

I proudly wear my Caress Of Steel shirt now, but I certainly did not get that one in '75/'76.

I still have my Primus shirt from the Counterparts tour—what a show!

Didn't realize that Primus opened for Rush on Counterparts. I saw them on the RTB tour and had Candlebox for Counterparts. But a little research showed me that Primus was on for 13 Counterparts shows.

Didn't realize that Primus opened for Rush on Counterparts. I saw them on the RTB tour and had Candlebox for Counterparts. But a little research showed me that Primus was on for 13 Counterparts shows.

You guys saw RUSH when they had an opening band? You guys are old.

• Like 1

I would have loved to see Primus open for Rush. I was stuck with the likes of Vinnie Moore, Mr. Big and Candlebox on the tours Primus opened.

Thinking about this a little more, it wouldn't surprise me if Primus opened in the western part of the US.

A little off-topic, but I have an 84 Maiden shirt that I can just about get into. Oddly, I have an 84 Dio top, same design, which is too small. Should really give them to a friend's daughter but kids as they are, she will wear for 6 months and bin them, which I cant bear to contemplate.

Still have my RTB shirt from the first show I ever say - at Birmingham NEC back in April of '92. It's threadbare and thin, but it still fits fine.

My only wearable is the black R30 T-shirt with the white circle on the front and RUSH 30 on the back(by the way, I recall first wearing that shirt the day after the concert and the guy behind the counter at my local coffee haunt asked if it was a Rush Limbaugh shirt).

Maybe someone can answer this.....I was on mass transit just last week and someone came on wearing a 2112 t-shirt. It had the 1976 tour dates listed on the back. I couldn't talk to the guy so can anyone tell me if that is (or was) available as a "reissue" or could that have been an original? Seems odd a re-issued one would contain the dates.

Edited by jjgittes

I think my Roll the Bones shirt (the black one with the album cover) is still wearable, although I typically don't wear it. I tend to wear, if anything, my Vapor Trails shirt.