H. P. L.'s undefeatable thread of ancient, odd and frankly embarassing Italian pop-rock

H. P. L.

Time for another Christmas treat.

Wanna know who dominated young HPL's secret beauty top 100 in 1979? Well, look no further. She's down here.

Her name is Heather Parisi and, being from somewhere in America, she changed the way people danced in Italian television. At the time, she might as well been a martian. I'm still a fan of her BTW. Pity the quality of the video is so lame. Leaves a lot to imagination.

Edited by H. P. L.

Today's Christmas treat is especially dedicated to the woman of my dreams, Lorraine! I don't know if she'll be able to see it, but I really hope she will.

Remembering our time together in Rome during the YBG fiasco, I am resurrecting this old opening theme from an original mystery TV series of the early 70s. If memory serves well, it had an audience by the millions.

The music is pretty generic, but the real treat is seeing über-muse Carla Gravina wandering around the streets of old Rome. In the series she plays a ghost and you can easily see she's very good at that.

Today's Christmas treat is one of my favourite songs ever. I've been listening to this song since I was a little child! My mother used to buy me cassettes (yes, I'm that old) compilations of tv themes and cartoons, you know, children's stuff, and I'd play them to death on my mono cassette player (yes, I'm that old).

Anyway, this is the closer an Italian band ever came to write a... British folk song. Written especially as a closing theme for a tv adaptation of Stevenson's The Black Arrow (which also gives the song its title), it's still a great song with a lot of punch. Enjoy!