Cincy - WOW!!!

Snaked

What a difference a couple of days makes!

First off.. I didn't believe TM when for the past several weeks they showed the pavillion sold out.. but damn.. IT WAS! And the lawn (astroturf!) was pretty well packed as well.

A tuesday in Cincinnati and they basically sold out the joint! Way to represent!

The crowd was energetic, loud and VERY appreciative from where I was sitting (6th row dead center) and the band fed off the energy putting on a GREAT show.. possibly the best of the 10 I've seen thus far on the CA tour.

I'll check my photos later today and see if there is anything worth posting.. seriously tho.. AWESOME show!

• Like 6

Awesome! I would love to see them outdoors. Hoping next tour they do the PPG Pavilion in Pittsburgh rather than the arena. My husband saw them during the S&A tour at the Pavilion and said it was great.
  • Like 1

They were incredible! I agree.

I do have to say that I wish I had been in the seated area, because it was uncomfortable being in the crowd in the lawn. Aside from that, though, it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Great sound, tight playing, and overall great experience. I wish I could go again tonight!

• Like 1

Awesome! I would love to see them outdoors. Hoping next tour they do the PPG Pavilion in Pittsburgh rather than the arena. My husband saw them during the S&A tour at the Pavilion and said it was great.

I am just curious why you would prefer to see them outdoors.....

granted, if its red rocks or the gorge where there is natural beauty, i understand that....but at a typical shed, i am wondering why you would prefer this over an arena...

the negatives for me for an outside place......the weather, it could be disgustingly hot or really cold (see Alpharetta and Virginia Beach on the CA tour) and if its in the summer, the whole first set its still light out....and finally, if you don't get good seats, you are stuck way back but in an arena you can always get close by going side stage in the lower bowl...

I agree it was an awesome show. Best one of the 5 CA ones I've been to. Geddy was in really fine voice last night, and the other two seemed to be really on their games as well. The sound was the best I've heard so far. Not muddy at all. The crowd really seemed to be on fire, and not just from the heat, which was miserable. The humidity was incredible. That is the only negative I can think of. Alex gave guitar picks to two young kids in the front row, which was really nice.
  • Like 2

granted, if its red rocks or the gorge where there is natural beauty, i understand that....but at a typical shed, i am wondering why you would prefer this over an arena...

the negatives for me for an outside place......the weather, it could be disgustingly hot or really cold (see Alpharetta and Virginia Beach on the CA tour) and if its in the summer, the whole first set its still light out....and finally, if you don't get good seats, you are stuck way back but in an arena you can always get close by going side stage in the lower bowl...

I've always enjoyed the concert sound under a night sky. Something about it just works with me. It's all about the sound. They always seem to come in September to Pittsburgh. The nights are cool, but the chance of crummy weather is slim.

• Like 2

Your husband is right. Each time I saw them outside in Philly/Camden was better than the arena.

• Like 1

The sound in most arenas sucks, and the crowd usually seems less enthusiastic for some reason. Each tour I try to get in the front 10 rows for a show or two, and get on the lawn for the rest. They are both great experiences in different ways. But I'd choose the lawn over a non first 25 rows seat in an arena any day of the week, and twice on Fri or Sat.

Oh, hands down, I love outdoor shows more than arena shows. Absolutely.

Glad you guys had fun!!! =D

• Like 1

I like them outside as well....I saw them in Scranton, and Hershey outside! They can rip your face off with sound!!!

(Hershey sucks unless you are down front...the bleacher seats are horrible!)

• Like 1

What a difference a couple of days makes!

First off.. I didn't believe TM when for the past several weeks they showed the pavillion sold out.. but damn.. IT WAS! And the lawn (astroturf!) was pretty well packed as well.

A tuesday in Cincinnati and they basically sold out the joint! Way to represent!

The crowd was energetic, loud and VERY appreciative from where I was sitting (6th row dead center) and the band fed off the energy putting on a GREAT show.. possibly the best of the 10 I've seen thus far on the CA tour.

I'll check my photos later today and see if there is anything worth posting.. seriously tho.. AWESOME show!

I've only been to one other show (THIS TOUR) which was Toronto back in the fall but I agree, big difference between then and now. The Toronto show was a special unique experience and the tour was relatively new. They were as relaxed and having fun as any show I have seen them do last night. Simply a great concert. I was 2 rows in front of you btw. The sound was great. As mentioned by Neil, they have always loved playing Cinti and it was apparent and for an outdoor show it was awesome. I was worried given some of the recent reports about sound at outdoors shows, but was really pleased.

Edited by Running Rebel
  • Like 1

I like them outside as well....I saw them in Scranton, and Hershey outside! They can rip your face off with sound!!!

(Hershey sucks unless you are down front...the bleacher seats are horrible!)

Every person I know who had upper seats at Hershey say the same thing. Guess some venues just suck with sound for the higher rows, huh. =/

At LEAST I have heard good things about the all-around sound at Marcus Ampitheater. That was definitely something I asked around about before buying tickets.

SUCH a great show last night...I was able to upgrade my seats about lunchtime yesterday, too, so I was mid-pavilion, section 600, third row up- about 20 feet to the right of the soundboard? Awesome seats and an awesome performance. SO stoked!
  • Like 2

Tons of people of all ages, isn't that awesome!

Yes it is, and it says a lot for them.

I'll echo the sentiments about how great the show was! Super!

I splurged for the VIP Nation tickets and was pleasantly surprised to find that we scored THIRD ROW smack dab in front of Alex. I even caught a shirt from him! I got a shirt that has a photoshopped pic of Al on one side and "My car goes fast" on the other. Anyone have an idea what that refers to? I searched the forums but didn't see anything.

Wow! Cinci was fabulous.