Front Row Center SPAC

After being a die hard (bordering on the obsessed) fan for 27 some years, I finally got to see my favorite band from the front row..and I was dead center to boot.

I had asked a question previously if being in the front row is worth it.

Let me tell you - it is worth it and I am not sure I will ever be able to not be in the front row again. I can't even really put into words how incredible it was. My wife, my brother and a good friend all went and all felt the same way. They are not as big a fan as I am, but they still had a great time.

It was like you were watching them from your living room on a DVD. They were so close. If I was just a little crazy, I might have jumped up on the stage and hugged them. It was amazing to see their fingers moving and music actually coming from them as you saw their fingers.

We made eye contact several times and I think they could tell that we were having a great time. Geddy kept coming over and playing right in front of us and we would go crazy!

The one strange thing I felt was this...I feel like I know them - does anyone know what I mean? They have been in my life for so long, and such a big part of it. I was half expecting them to be like - Hey, what's up man? Good to see you again. Here's a t-shirt and pick for being such a super fanboy. Unfortunately, that fantasy was not fulfilled!

Big picture - I think they were on fire. It was the A3 setlist, which we saw in Buffalo, except we got to see The Body Electric, which I had a minor freak out over. I had to laugh at my wife, when she sadly asked if this meant we did not get to see Limelight, which is her favorite song, but TBE was well worth it for me!

There seemed to be a flub in The Spirit of Radio. We all knew it happened, but I can't tell you who came in early. All I know is that they just kept right on going like nothing happened and covered it perfectly.

Big picture, I would spend the money again and again...

If I can figure out how to upload pictures, I will.

• Like 3

Yay so glad a long time fan got front row. I had 12th in Hershey center and it was great. I lost front row center at Buffalo and only hope a fan got them. And yes I have listened to them since 1976 when I was 10 so I do feel like they are old friends. Their music and Neil's books have brought me through some rough times Edited by hcm
  • Like 2

I wish we could somehow protest the current ticket practices so that you can get good tickets regularly in fan pre-sales. It seems like there are only a few out there by the time the pre-sales start and the best only go to a few.

I had the same thing happen to my at Buffalo. I think I had 4th row come up. As I was going to purchase them, the system crashed and I lost them. I ended up with 9th row, so can't complain about that, but still, of all the damn times for their website to crap out...

All - I am trying to post pictures from Skydrive, but I can't get it to work picture by picture. I hope this link works. BTW - I took these with my crappy iPhone, so they are just ok...

http://<iframe src="https://skydrive.liv...EI2fFsGk2OOZT8" width="165" height="128" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Edited by theanalogmiddleagedman

All - I am trying to post pictures from Skydrive, but I can't get it to work picture by picture. I hope this link works. BTW - I took these with my crappy iPhone, so they are just ok...

http://<iframe src="https://skydrive.liv...EI2fFsGk2OOZT8" width="165" height="128" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Cheers,

frippy

For those that went to the show, this guy captured the entire performance and it is on You Tube. His shot is obscured every now and again by the guy in front if him, but overall great sound and vid.

OP, congrats on getting front row! I was up in the balcony (could've gotten closer tix, but the friend I went with can't stand for long periods of time), and we definitely heard the TSoR flub. What happened seemed to be that Neil forgot where they were in the song, and started to go into the breakdown leading to the "invisible airwaves" part, not realizing that Ged still had another half-verse to sing.

In a few other threads about SPAC (and throughout this tour), the prevailing thought has been that the casual fan isn't really digging the fact that the show is largely synth era plus most of CA, and they basically "endure" the show until the last few familiar songs. Well, there certainly were many people around us up in the balcony who didn't seem to really know what was going on, but as far as the entire amphitheater, it sounded to me that the loudest applause for anything prior to YYZ was for the CA songs, especially Headlong Flight. While CA was pretty well-received at my other two shows (Bridgeport and Buffalo last year), the roar of the crowd at SPAC for the CA suite was much more noticeable.