Hershey Show

DigitalDan

I have some OK photos. I recorded all three of Neil's solos and they came out rather well.

They played list A with Spirit at the end and Limelight in the first set. I was tickled to have seen all the songs from all the set lists this tour! They had better not make any last-minute changes. Ha!

I may have had my set-lists mixed up, but I thought that they played that C-list that they played in Houston, but they played Limelight and TSOR as Amy said, and Bravado, but they should have played Dreamline, which I was tremendously looking forward to, but they played Manhattan Project instead.

So it wasn't the original A or B b/c Middletown Dreams and The Body Electric were replaced by Limelight.

From the shows thru Baltimore, they only played this set in Vegas, Buffalo, and Nashville.

Great show tho as usual!! There were a number of mistakes and miscues, one of which they were roaring about raucously onstage which made it all the more entertaining. Those have all become a part of the show tho, and they have had two weeks off since Helsinki.

What a great show. Am always beat and sore after a Rush show. :) Anyone have decent photos from last night?

HalfwayToGone will post a bunch. He bought a camera just for this show. He said he had a bunch after the show!

BTW, great meeting all those from the forum here that went!!! Spectacular pre-show meet-ups!!

• Like 1

It was great meeting you all too! The pre show meet up was great, and the show unbelievable! I could not have been happier. And I saw the pics HalfwayToGone took, and some of them are great!

I did not bring a camera. Ahh. So if anyone is willing to share or send me pictures or vids I would greatly appreciate it

As for the setlist: From the ones I looked up a while ago, I think RIAB, it was setlist A version 4.

If anyone is going to Jones beach sun and wants to meet up let me know.

A very special thanks to HalfwayToGone for hooking me up with the ticket and everything else!

Front row right in front of geddys Synth. Unbelievable! I can die a happy man now.

Hope to see you all again at future shows!

If they play it, we will come!

Edited by NaturalScientist75

OK. So finally went thru about 150 photos and edited out about half, and cropped out the security guy who photo bombed the entire show for me as much as possible. Some meh, some decent, some really nice shots. Posted 83 shots on my facebook, but here's a bunch of highlights for a little teaser... yeah, I'm a big tease. Still buzzed over being up front! What an amazing show!! Here's the link to the more extensive gallery on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201629292160586.1073741832.1427244457&type=3

971457_10201629338001732_452343183_n.jpg

1005721_10201629321241313_800182311_n.jpg

1004405_10201629342281839_505604133_n.jpg

1014369_10201629358882254_568001026_n.jpg

1010928_10201629359042258_1879099971_n.jpg

390102_10201629371242563_1217361406_n.jpg

999532_10201629669610022_846005759_n.jpg

1044187_10201629411323565_1209602027_n.jpg

1003986_10201629445244413_850511971_n.jpg

1044380_10201629456004682_2122168445_n.jpg

• Like 5

Nice pics! Totally brings back memmories.

I still can't believe those seets. Simply amazing.

Love the shots, Dan. Wish I could have seen a fraction of what you did last night. I did take an actual "view from here" shot for posterity. He will forever be known as Seizure Man with Red Shirt. He was the worst concert rocker ever and I was lucky enough to have him in my way AAAAALL night long. :)

Seizure man, ... LOL

Was he fibrillating all night?

Great pics! I wish I had brought my camera, I could have gotten some great shots from the 9th row all but dead center.

Thanks to the girl that sold me my seat!! Muchos Gracias!!

I'm already looking forward to the R41 tour or whatever's next.

• Like 1

YES! Seizureman! He would rock out for about three seconds and then nothing...repeat. It was bizarre.

Anyhoo...I have pics posted on my FB account. I have the albums from all the shows I have taken pictures set to public. I have the group shots I took from the parking lot under mobile uploads. :) https://www.facebook.com/michelle.z.misner/photos_albums

Enjoy and lets hope for another tour after this one!! Hubby and I have agreed to go to all shows the next tour we can comfortably drive to and back from...so I'm anticipating many more meet ups with all the folks we met this weekend!

Edited by Amy Farrah Fowler
  • Like 2

Another simply perfect experience on 6/21..as they all are. Been able to share maybe 10 shows since Vapor Trails with my two grown sons. Number 2 son was lucky enough to catch a Slobovitch shirt from Alex in Allentown on Time Machine. Number 1 son is now raising the third generation of Rush fans in my granddaughters. We were in Sec. A, Row 27, great seats. From my first show at the Harrisburg Forum in September '76 and the dozens I've been fortunate enough to see up to this past Friday night, each one is unforgettable. What makes it so pleasurable for me at this point in history is that the boys don't take themselves nearly as seriously as they did early in their touring career and that makes for a really spontaneous and memorable show. As has been said, every memorable moment in my life has Rush influence surrounding it.

As for Hershey on 6/21 I was really thrilled with the crowd. I've always been one to want the band to feel the appreciation of the audience (a little quirk of mine) and Hershey did not disappoint so my hat's off to all in attendance. Loud, appreciative and at times simply explosive. Maybe the best was at the last note of Carnies when the crowd absolutely erupted and you could literally feel the building. The reaction to "concert hall" in Spirit also was a testament to that crowd of showing the affection and respect we all have for the band. And as usual Rush gave what we've all come to expect..a fabulous show, great interaction with the crowd, a genuine appreciation for our appreciation and lyrical and musical perfection. I made it a point to walk over to the sound/lighting console at intermission and got Ungerleider's autograph which he offered with a smile and a handshake so the evening was complete!

Apologies...I tend to ramble when it come to this subject...

Praying for R40.........

"you won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes"

Edited by Rommel53
  • Like 2

I made it a point to walk over to the sound/lighting console at intermission and got Ungerleider's autograph which he offered with a smile and a handshake so the evening was complete!

I hung out with him that day/night and was standing there when you came up. He always appreciates the accolades.

I have to agree about the energy in the venue. It was incredible - a really great crowd!

It was great meeting you all too! The pre show meet up was great, and the show unbelievable! I could not have been happier. And I saw the pics HalfwayToGone took, and some of them are great!

I did not bring a camera. Ahh. So if anyone is willing to share or send me pictures or vids I would greatly appreciate it

As for the setlist: From the ones I looked up a while ago, I think RIAB, it was setlist A version 4.

A very special thanks to HalfwayToGone for hooking me up with the ticket and everything else!

Front row right in front of geddys Synth. Unbelievable! I can die a happy man now.

Hey NS, I was the crazy female :rush: fan/freak right next to you on the rail! Boy, what a show!! I hope your ears aren't still ringing from my screaming most of the night. LOL!!! I just got home to Madison and I'm still buzzing from the excitement of the show!! On to Chicago!!! :haz: :rush: :haz:

• Like 1

Another simply perfect experience on 6/21..as they all are. Been able to share maybe 10 shows since Vapor Trails with my two grown sons. Number 2 son was lucky enough to catch a Slobovitch shirt from Alex in Allentown on Time Machine. Number 1 son is now raising the third generation of Rush fans in my granddaughters. We were in Sec. A, Row 27, great seats. From my first show at the Harrisburg Forum in September '76 and the dozens I've been fortunate enough to see up to this past Friday night, each one is unforgettable. What makes it so pleasurable for me at this point in history is that the boys don't take themselves nearly as seriously as they did early in their touring career and that makes for a really spontaneous and memorable show. As has been said, every memorable moment in my life has Rush influence surrounding it.

As for Hershey on 6/21 I was really thrilled with the crowd. I've always been one to want the band to feel the appreciation of the audience (a little quirk of mine) and Hershey did not disappoint so my hat's off to all in attendance. Loud, appreciative and at times simply explosive. Maybe the best was at the last note of Carnies when the crowd absolutely erupted and you could literally feel the building. The reaction to "concert hall" in Spirit also was a testament to that crowd of showing the affection and respect we all have for the band. And as usual Rush gave what we've all come to expect..a fabulous show, great interaction with the crowd, a genuine appreciation for our appreciation and lyrical and musical perfection. I made it a point to walk over to the sound/lighting console at intermission and got Ungerleider's autograph which he offered with a smile and a handshake so the evening was complete!

Praying for R40.........

I agree...I was thoroughly surprised that the crowd as THAT into it...I've been to a few shows of late, that the crowd was there, liking the show, but not really into it. Before the show started, I was a little concerned because it didn't look like there were a LOT of people in the place, but after the first few tunes, and the lights came up a bit, it LOOKED packed! I was proud of the home town crowd to say the least! (and hope that's a catalyst for the band when choosing the next tour(s)..REMEMBER US GUYS!!)

Hey NS, I was the crazy female :rush: fan/freak right next to you on the rail! Boy, what a show!! I hope your ears aren't still ringing from my screaming most of the night. LOL!!! I just got home to Madison and I'm still buzzing from the excitement of the show!! On to Chicago!!! :haz: :rush: :haz:

Hi! Nice to meet you! Wish I knew that then. Those seats were unbelievable. That was truely an amazing night.

Madison. Nice. You had a bit of a drive.

I did Jones beach last night. Second row right end of the row right in front of Alex. They did not do all those little solos they did in Hershey, so friday was truely a unique night.

Have a blast in Chicago!

Hope to meet you again in the near future!

If they play it we will come...

Praying for R40.........

I agree...I was thoroughly surprised that the crowd as THAT into it...I've been to a few shows of late, that the crowd was there, liking the show, but not really into it. Before the show started, I was a little concerned because it didn't look like there were a LOT of people in the place, but after the first few tunes, and the lights came up a bit, it LOOKED packed! I was proud of the home town crowd to say the least! (and hope that's a catalyst for the band when choosing the next tour(s)..REMEMBER US GUYS!!)

They are playing smaller venues on this leg of the tour. A lot of people do not want to go because of the setlist. So most of the crowd is die hard fans. Makes for a much better audience. Out of 25 shows, the best audiences I have seen were Hershey and Jones Beach this tour, and MSG on time Machine. SO great to see so many people, especially the kids, singing alone to every song, old and new. And you can tell how much the boys appreciate these explosive audiences.

I did Jones beach last night. Second row right end of the row right in front of Alex. They did not do all those little solos they did in Hershey, so friday was truely a unique night.

Interesting. I hadn't seen at least one of those solos before. The first drum solo I believe is in all of the shows as was the first Alex solo.

There were several "uniquenesses" if that's a word on Friday in Hershey. The funniest one was when Alex and Neil ended a tune but Geddy pounded out a few more notes. I forget which song it was on.

But Neil then quickly, and seemingly jokingly, started up again and Alex followed suit. They all immediately started laughing roarously.

It was the funniest thing and one of those things that contributes to making these shows great. It's good b/c the guys are so talented, but at the same time they can laugh at themselves when they make a mistake. It was hilarious.

Interesting. I hadn't seen at least one of those solos before. The first drum solo I believe is in all of the shows as was the first Alex solo.

There were several "uniquenesses" if that's a word on Friday in Hershey. The funniest one was when Alex and Neil ended a tune but Geddy pounded out a few more notes. I forget which song it was on.

But Neil then quickly, and seemingly jokingly, started up again and Alex followed suit. They all immediately started laughing roarously.

It was the funniest thing and one of those things that contributes to making these shows great. It's good b/c the guys are so talented, but at the same time they can laugh at themselves when they make a mistake. It was hilarious.

The main solos were all there. But at Hershey there were a few mini (less then a min) little jams or solos they did at the end of a few songs or various points in the show. Kind of like they were just having fun and playing around. The one you mentioned is an example too. Those were not there in Jones Beach, and I can't remember ever hearing them do anything like that before. At one point last night I saw Geddy mouth to Alex "bass solo", but he didn't do one.

Praying for R40.........

They are playing smaller venues on this leg of the tour. A lot of people do not want to go because of the setlist. So most of the crowd is die hard fans. Makes for a much better audience. Out of 25 shows, the best audiences I have seen were Hershey and Jones Beach this tour, and MSG on time Machine. SO great to see so many people, especially the kids, singing alone to every song, old and new. And you can tell how much the boys appreciate these explosive audiences.

Regardless of audience size, I'm just glad that they DIDN'T play the stadium! Of all the years I've lived in and around Hershey, the stadium is just the WORST venue for a concert, unless they put the show in the "Pavilion" which uses the same stage, but the part behind the stadium which is a more intimate venue...I forget the size audience that they can allow in there, but I'm pretty sure it's less than the Giant Center.

Anyway....the setlist doesn't bother me...even though I'm not a HUGE fan of the mid to later 80's output, it's STILL Rush, and STILL going to be a great show! The fact that they DON'T keep the same 15-20 songs year after year, tour after tour is awesome!

• Like 1

Praying for R40.........

Regardless of audience size, I'm just glad that they DIDN'T play the stadium! Of all the years I've lived in and around Hershey, the stadium is just the WORST venue for a concert, unless they put the show in the "Pavilion" which uses the same stage, but the part behind the stadium which is a more intimate venue...I forget the size audience that they can allow in there, but I'm pretty sure it's less than the Giant Center.

Anyway....the setlist doesn't bother me...even though I'm not a HUGE fan of the mid to later 80's output, it's STILL Rush, and STILL going to be a great show! The fact that they DON'T keep the same 15-20 songs year after year, tour after tour is awesome!

I personally love the setlist. Power Windows and Clockwork Angels are two of my favorite albums. And before the CA tour, I had not seen so many of the songs played this tour live (for obvious reasons with the CA songs). It might be my favorite setlist actually. Only a few songs I love most were missing, and some of those they will likely never play live.

I personally love the setlist. Power Windows and Clockwork Angels are two of my favorite albums. And before the CA tour, I had not seen so many of the songs played this tour live (for obvious reasons with the CA songs). It might be my favorite setlist actually. Only a few songs I love most were missing, and some of those they will likely never play live.

They could play the 20 best songs from their "worst" 5 or 6 albums and it would still be a great show.

• Like 3