Calgary show still going to happen???

bootlegguy

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Calgary+Stampede+grounds+under+water/8560685/story.html

Calgary saddledome affected by local flooding. Arena currently flooded up to row 14 of the lower bowl according to this report. Is this venue going to be ready for a major event in a month?????

Maybe they move the show to Edmonton if not instead of cancelling

i don't know anything more than reading that article....

it would seem if the lower bowl is filled with water up to the luxury boxes, i just don't see the arena being ready for a concert in a month, and wondering if it would even be ready for the Flames for the next nhl season in october....

speculation on my part,

if i was planning on going to this show, i would inquire sooner than later.....

Do you think they would decide to do a venue change outside to the still ok football stadium? It gets a little complicated because people's tickets are for specific sections and rows but I can see that band/management willing to make an effort to accomdate fans who's city including it's arena has been ravaged by flooding.

Wow, those pics blew my mind....

to think an entire arena floor and lower bowl under water like that....

Can't imagine they could host a concert on july 24....

Not sure what the turnaround time is to return the saddledome back into its former glory but I wouldn't be surprised if this affects the Flames as well this upcoming october....

I would hope that it does not re-schedule the show, I am driving in from Winnipeg, and don't have very flexible vacation time, if they cancel, I might have to sue :LOLsign: . I don't know though, it defiantly is a matter of how much time it will take to be usable, vs how much time it will take to look good. I am sure people will be alright with a less than sparkling stadium. Lastly, I do endure floods often in Winnipeg, two years ago was quite bad, and we generally clean ourselves up fast enough.

FROM NHL.COM

Flames: Flooded Saddledome will be ready for season

Saturday, 06.22.2013 / 6:40 PM / News

By John Kreiser - NHL.com Columnist

The first eight rows of Scotiabank Saddledome are covered by water, but Calgary Flames president Ken King said the building will be ready when the puck drops for the 2013-14 NHL season in October.

"We are going to be ready for the start of the season," King said Saturday during a press conference to discuss the damage to the 30-year-old arena from floods throughout Alberta that forced the evacuation of about 100,000 people and caused three deaths, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

But getting the building ready to go won't be easy. The Saddledome "is a total loss at the event level," King said, and the arena has been flooded with millions of gallons of water.

"We cleared some of our event level, but not all of it," he said.

King said restoration efforts will begin when the flood waters recede.

"We are ready to go," he said. "Our executive group met this morning and went through a number of tasks. We're ordering everything, including hockey equipment, right now.

"It's very difficult to describe millions, millions gallons of water sitting [in the Saddledome]."

The dressing rooms, Jumbotron control, ice plant, Zambonis, rink and at least two lounges -- as well as thousands of seats -- are underwater. However, "We're fairly confident that we're structurally intact," said Libby Raines, the team's vice president of building operations.

The water is starting to recede, Raines said, and "Our objective is to get the building [ready] for upcoming events ... get everything ready so that we're ready to go [for the season]."

The Flames have told team personnel to stay away from the building, and Raines said that though the team is grateful for offers of assistance it's urging people to stay away because the site isn't safe.

"We appreciate that so many people want to help," she said. "[Right now], please stay away from the site."

He did say get ready for events....

so perhaps there is enough time to do what's necessary....

Edited by nhlrush

Well, I got my tickets in the mail today, not sure if it means anything, but it shows a little hope.

As of today if you look on ticketmaster you can no longer attempt to purchase tickets for this event. I called TM and they said that in this scenerio 9/10 times this mean the event is going to be cancelled. And this was someone in the USA who clearly had no idea that this venue was filled with water 2 weeks ago.:(

Knowing how nice Rush is, they will probably try their best to move it to Edmonton.

That's the unofficial rumor that I've heard, but who knows...there's no way the show can be held there at this point...way too much damage to repair in a short period of time before the show..

It'd be cool if they refunded everyone who bought tickets, and gave them some sort of priority ticket, and proceeded to play a free outdoor show somewhere near Calgary to help everyone affected by the flood. The people with priority ticketing would have access to better seating..

At this point who knows what will happen. I just hope that if the show is re-scheduled/relocated it will be before university starts up again in the fall.

I'm sure it'll happen. I'm in Edmonton and I hear the stampede is on, I think as we speak. Shouldn't take a month to pump the water out and make it ready enough.

I think Calgary is focusing on bringing money to the city so they're working hard on stuff like this..

Ok. So it's basically certain that the Rush show won't go off as planned. They just cancelled Selena Gomez at the venue for Aug 16th. Obviously the Rush show on Jul 24 cannot go ahead. Show is not cancelled officially, but TM no longer lets you purchase tickets to it. I can only hope this is because they are still looking into a possible venue change. Please be Edmonton, Please be Edmonton!!!
  • Like 1

Ok. So it's basically certain that the Rush show won't go off as planned. They just cancelled Selena Gomez at the venue for Aug 16th. Obviously the Rush show on Jul 24 cannot go ahead. Show is not cancelled officially, but TM no longer lets you purchase tickets to it. I can only hope this is because they are still looking into a possible venue change. Please be Edmonton, Please be Edmonton!!!

I hope not. Edmonton is over 3 hours away from Calgary. Im not from either area, I'm from Eastern Saskatchewan and to add on an additional 6 hours of driving would suck. My hopes is that they can change the venue to somewhere else in Calgary, perhaps the football stadium.

I hope not. Edmonton is over 3 hours away from Calgary. Im not from either area, I'm from Eastern Saskatchewan and to add on an additional 6 hours of driving would suck. My hopes is that they can change the venue to somewhere else in Calgary, perhaps the football stadium.

Hey, I would be all over an outdoor concert if that was their decision.

I would hope it would not be Edmonton either, that turns a drive from Winnipeg even longer, and while it is simply a longer drive from Saskatchewan, it's a potential 2-day trip for me.

I did see in an article that the Selena Gomez concert was moved to Lethbridge, maybe that's where rush will go.