First song you've ever heard live.

Dscrapre

Anthem! January 30, 1979 $6.50 general admission.

January 20, 1979 Baltimore Civic Center..... Anthem also..... :haz:
  • Like 1

Finding My Way....November 1974 Seattle (backing up Rory Gallagher)

My hero.... :cheers: What that must have been like...

The Big Money.

Jan. 30, 1986, senior year of high school, Cow Palace in San Francisco, with my two best buds (and they were NOT named Mary and Jane). But we were indeed "wreathed in smoke" up there in the nosebleed seats.

Subdivisions. And it blew my mind, just like the whole concert and their music in general.

Bastille Day, Ottawa Civic Centre, 1976. 2112 tour, but I guess it could have been the All The World’s A Stage tour???

I’m pretty sure on the next tour (AFTK) they opened with Bastille Day again, but I could be wrong. I DO know, that on the next tour, Hemispheres, they opened with Anthem. That was the first time I saw Neil do the now famous stick toss. Don’t recall seeing it before that tour. I remember vividly, my buddy yelling out, “Holy f**k, he threw that bastard 20 feet!”

Edit –

Something some of you might find hard to believe – on the Hemispheres tour, as the band was coming back on for the encore, I remember VIVIDLY Neil walking up to Geddy’s mic and thanking the Ottawa crowd. Of course, I thought nothing of it then. But, knowing what we know about Neil today, it’s hard to fathom.

I guess it was some time after that tour (or the PeWaves Tour) where he started keeping back from the spotlight a bit.

By any chance, was anyone else from this site at that show in Ottawa? It was Dec 21, ’78.

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush

I know that this might be hard for some of you to remember, given how long ago it may have been, but what was the first Rush song you heard in concert?

For me it was The Spirit of Radio on the TM tour april/11/2011.

I think it was Dreamline during the CP tour in '94.

2112: Overture; The Temples of Syrinx

9-23-1980 Riverfront Coliseum, Cincinnati, Ohio (Moving Pictures Warm-Up Tour)

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

That long ago I can't remember - oh the shame! It was the Hemispheres tour April '79, so looking at earlier posts it must have been Anthem.

I do remember buying the tour programme, t-shirt, poster and badges. Looking back how did I manage to buy all that? I was 17 and still at school doing my A' Levels. Must have creamed some cash from my parents or delivered a lot of papers.

Like Sarge, Thunder Bay, By Tor, etc, it was "Bastille Day" during the AFTK tour, October '77. The group sharing the bill, UFO, opened with "Getting Ready," just in case any UFO fans out there want to know what the first live song I heard by them was. :eyeroll:
  • Like 1

Like Sarge, Thunder Bay, By Tor, etc, it was "Bastille Day" during the AFTK tour, October '77. The group sharing the bill, UFO, opened with "Getting Ready," just in case any UFO fans out there want to know what the first live song I heard by them was. :eyeroll:

L.A. by any chance?