Larry Allen

tommyali

Larry Allen was not re-employed after giving Peart's CP kit (Ludwig, I think) away to family and friends. Simple.

imagine having a chance to work with rush and screwing it up over some dumb shit like swag.

Larry Allen was not re-employed after giving Peart's CP kit (Ludwig, I think) away to family and friends. Simple.

imagine having a chance to work with rush and screwing it up over some dumb shit like swag.

I reckon he believed the band were done and wouldn't reform.

I've read some speculations that Larry had a serious drug problem which, as addictions will do, started affecting his work. I've never read anything from "official" sources close to the band or Peart to back this theory up, however. I suspect if it were true that Peart et al would've done everything in their power to get him into treatment.

I think he went on to play for the Dallas Cowboys. He's being enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame this summer.

He also put a hell of a lot of weight and had a melanin problem.

• Like 1

That was his best sounding kit... too bad.

I liked that configuration as well...His DW config (to me, at least) is awkward looking, especially now that he's not using traditional grip as he once was...

Anyway...I didn't hear about him giving stuff away...I just thought I read somewhere that he wasn't available for the VT tour after the long hiatus the band took, and he just stuck with Gump after that since he did a good job for him?!?!

Edited by Jaminbenb

Sounds a bit like Bill Banaseiwicz.

Yeah he was idiotic too

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Yeah he was idiotic too

He also couldn't write, plus was hopelessly enamored of his own perceived importance.

Yeah he was idiotic too

He also couldn't write, plus was hopelessly enamored of his own perceived importance.

Yep... I bought that book for the pictures when I was about 16 or 17. After reading it a couple of times, I decided that he was such a colossal, egotistical douche that I ended up drawing pictures in it and cutting out some of the photos. I don't even know what happened to it.

• Like 1

larry of cowboys bench pressed over 700 lbs fyi