New Dream Theater album

So, if they're touring Europe at the start of next year can we expect a North American tour in October/November?

No. According to their website today, the North American tour will be in March 2014.

So, if they're touring Europe at the start of next year can we expect a North American tour in October/November?

No. According to their website today, the North American tour will be in March 2014.

Ok. At least that will give us enough time to get to know the new material before we see them then.

No Irish date....again. Manchester or Wolverhampton for me.

Aren't they a bit too heavy metal for your prog-like sensitivities Pete?

They're not metal. They're just math-rockers on steroids! Love a bit of old fret-wank, me. But not too much. You go blind.

They're not metal. They're just math-rockers on steroids! Love a bit of old fret-wank, me. But not too much. You go blind.

They're too loud for you boyo and you're too old, not so much age-wise it's just that funny walk you have!

They're too loud for you boyo and you're too old, not so much age-wise it's just that funny walk you have!

Ah yes, the funny walk, you noticed. It's the tight pants. On a serious note, my interest in them(the band, not the tight pants) is diminishing. The music ain't grabbing me like it used to.

And I still think Jimmy The Cheese is the worst front man I've ever seen.

Ah yes, the funny walk, you noticed. It's the tight pants. On a serious note, my interest in them(the band, not the tight pants) is diminishing. The music ain't grabbing me like it used to.

He's a bit of an acquired taste to be sure!

Petrucci is kind of weird these days with the body building thing...and scary beard...

He's a bit of an acquired taste to be sure!

Petrucci is kind of weird these days with the body building thing...and scary beard...

I don't mind Petrucci and his Rambo-arms, it's La Brie. Like Rodrigo says, it's like he doesn't want to be on stage. And his attempts to engage with the crowd are pitiful. As irritating as MP was/is, he's got charisma.

Myung does not interact AT ALL with the crowd either. I wonder what made him start to play music, because he seems really uncomfortable and out of place on stage and doing interviews.

When I saw DT in 2011, Myung was actually pretty animated on stage and seemed to be enjoying himself much more than he has in the past. LaBrie was also engaging and seemed into the music as well. I honestly think Portnoy leaving has rekindled their interest in the band, as they have both had notoriously bad relationships with him in the past.

Coldfire, I've only seen indications of rifts between Portnoy and LaBrie or Myung, especually after he left. Have you seen them actually complaining about each other?

Coldfire, I've only seen indications of rifts between Portnoy and LaBrie or Myung, especually after he left. Have you seen them actually complaining about each other?

Portnoy has said that he would have replaced LaBrie if he could since he doesn't like his vocal style anymore. That's a legitimate opinion but it's not something that a band member would usually say in public about his bandmate. Just seems disrespectful to me.

Just did a quick Google search for "Mike Portnoy vs. James LaBrie" and came across these articles:

http://gunshyassassi...t-james-labrie/

http://rocknewsdesk....t-portnoy/2496/

As for Myung, there hasn't really been any major rifts that I know of, but there has been some passive-agressive remarks from Portnoy. He did a Q&A session on Twitter, someone asked him who was his favorite bassist that he has worked with. Portnoy listed everyone he's recorded with except for Myung. Little things like that. And, of course, there's the rumor that Portnoy was trying to push Myung out of the writing process but I don't know how true that is.

And I know it sounds like I hate Portnoy, but I still like him as a musician and I appreciate all that he does/has done for fans. He sounds like a pretty decent guy but I got kind of sick of his comments and drama after leaving DT. Luckily that's pretty much over now.

Looking forward to this, the previous album what almost a parody of Dream Theater.

My favorite era is stil the four albums released between 1999 and 2005, SC was meh, BC&SL was good though.

I wonder what Mangini will bring to the band

I think it's all up in the air, CF...and of course Myung's and LaBrie's excitement on stage after Mike left only collaborate for the notion that there was a feud. It seems to me that they didn't exactly hate MP, but as soon as they noticed they had a shot at working without hin, they took it.

I think it's all up in the air, CF...and of course Myung's and LaBrie's excitement on stage after Mike left only collaborate for the notion that there was a feud. It seems to me that they didn't exactly hate MP, but as soon as they noticed they had a shot at working without hin, they took it.

Yeah, it's pretty much all speculation. Whatever the situation is, they both appear to be happier with Mangini.