MEGA INSULTING Mistake by a DJ playing Rush this evening

zappafrank

I'm surprised no one already beat me to this sentiment: I can't believe they actually played The Trees on the radio. That DJ should be commended, not criticized (yes, I understand the original post was intended as an exaggeration/joke—and it was funny). I only ever hear Tom Sawyer and Working Man on the radio.

And The Limelight, and The Subdivisions. The those four.

I never tire of Tom The Sawyer. :no:

• Like 1

Reminds my of the time the radio DJ mentioned Tom Sawyer was from the album Tommy. He quickly corrected himself and then played pinball wizard. :LOL:

:musicnote:

Those deaf dumb and blind kids

Huck, Jim and Tom Sawyer

:musicnote:

I'm surprised no one already beat me to this sentiment: I can't believe they actually played The Trees on the radio. That DJ should be commended, not criticized (yes, I understand the original post was intended as an exaggeration/joke—and it was funny). I only ever hear Tom Sawyer and Working Man on the radio.

And The Limelight, and The Subdivisions. The those four.

I never tire of Tom The Sawyer. :no:

Don't forget THE Iraq...

It bugs me more when the band itself changes song titles on releases. For example, on the Signals record, track 2 is "The Analog Kid", however on Different Stages, it's just "Analog Kid". Also, my Fly By Night CD lists "By-Tor and the Snow Dog", and Different Stages lists "By-Tor & the Snow Dog". Other vinyl versions of FBN also list the track with the ampersand. :huh:

It bugs me more when the band itself changes song titles on releases. For example, on the Signals record, track 2 is "The Analog Kid", however on Different Stages, it's just "Analog Kid". Also, my Fly By Night CD lists "By-Tor and the Snow Dog", and Different Stages lists "By-Tor & the Snow Dog". Other vinyl versions of FBN also list the track with the ampersand. :huh:

& means and... I don't think it's that big of a deal. Dropping 'The' is a damn crime though. What's next? Da Analog Kid? Ze Analog Kid?

• Like 1

& means and...

I know, it's just me being picky. :P

That's nothing. One time the radio had De Do Do Do De Da Da Da on and after it was over the guy goes "That was another one by Sting!" Ah yes, because Stewart Copeland or Andy Summers had nothing to do with it. Because nobody's ever heard of a little band called THE POLICE before.
  • Like 3

& means and...

I know, it's just me being picky. :P

Something tells me this is the record company's fault. Rush does not typeset. :LOL:

ha ha you said "the signals" :P

You give Rush a bad name!

signed,

The Bon Jovi

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

ha ha you said "the signals" :P

Haw haw. :P

Was channel surfing this evening in the car and landed on a station playing that nice song about the Oaks, the Maples, and how they're all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.

The DJ came on afterwards and said, "Originally off the Hemispheres album, that was Rush. Trees."

Trees?

TREES?!

It's THE Trees!!!!

You IDIOT!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS WHY WE DON'T WANT IGNORANT OUTSIDERS LISTENING TO OUR BAND!!!!

RARGH, SMASH!!!!!

:fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer:

:bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :P

dude, I think they make some kinda pill or prescription for that now.

That's nothing. One time the radio had De Do Do Do De Da Da Da on and after it was over the guy goes "That was another one by Sting!" Ah yes, because Stewart Copeland or Andy Summers had nothing to do with it. Because nobody's ever heard of a little band called THE POLICE before.

Agree with you though considering what I've heard about his ego I'm thinking Sting would feel like it was HIM and 2 other guys.

Agree with you though considering what I've heard about his ego I'm thinking Sting would feel like it was HIM and 2 other guys.

Unless it was a live performance. I could have been just Sting then....

Or part of a double or triple play...

I have heard DJs play Henley solo with Eagles, Hagar/Roth solo with VH and say stuff like "one from Sammy Hagar..." (usually "with Van Halen" proceeds that though)

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I could have been just Sting then....

Oh yeah, buddy? What makes you so special that YOU could have been Sting? Huh? Huh?

That's what I thought!

Maybe, like sting, he is tantric; guaranteed to satisfy?

As I was driving home tonight, I saw an SUV with a MN plate that read "Trees".

Obviously NOT a Rush fan...if they were, they would know it's better to get a standard issue plate than leave off the "the".

• Like 2

Was channel surfing this evening in the car and landed on a station playing that nice song about the Oaks, the Maples, and how they're all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.

The DJ came on afterwards and said, "Originally off the Hemispheres album, that was Rush. Trees."

Trees?

TREES?!

It's THE Trees!!!!

You IDIOT!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS WHY WE DON'T WANT IGNORANT OUTSIDERS LISTENING TO OUR BAND!!!!

RARGH, SMASH!!!!!

:fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer:

:bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :P

Get a LIFE, dude :moon:
  • Like 1

My reaction as detailed above might be slightly exaggerated.

It's quite possible that when I heard it, all I thought to myself was, "Hey, it's The Trees, man."

For people like Superconductor

Edited by zappafrank