Rush Synth/Keyboard Tabs?

I was just wondering if anyone had a resource for key tabs/ sheet music for any Rush songs. I'm starting to play the keyboards/piano and I'd love to play them in addition to my bass! I'm already loving playing Subdivisions with both bass and keys. I found that chart through Rockband.... Edited by pfrushfan0122

I have loads. YYZ is pretty simple.

Opening

F# G# D# C# C x 2 then I end on a low C. This part is played on pedals while Geddy plays bass.

Solo (these are how I play them, they're the right chords but I've seen others play the solo differently, I suggest using these chords to find what works best for you)

Am G D D D D F

Am Bdim Bdim G Am G D D D D D F (G F - add these extra chords at the end of the solo)

As I say these are the chords and this is how I play it, but I've seen others not hit the D chord as much as I do. I assume you're familiar with the song so just listen to it and find out how you think it should be played.

The Analog Kid is one I know the basics too but there are parts I think that need ironing here, but here is what ipkau. Again, onc you have these you can play around with it.

Chorus (Chords)

F G

Just repeat those chords through the "You move me..." section.

"Too many hands on my time..." (just before the solo)

Am Am G G x2

F F G G

Part played over the solo and until the end. (Notes)

A C B G A

And then every so often, it shifts to this. As I say you probably know the song so you can work out when it does this.

A C B G F G A F G

Which Power Windows songs would you like? However I don't know the arpeggiated parts as my keyboard won't allow me to do that. I know parts to the Big Money, Marathon, Territories, Middletown Dreams and Mystic Rhythms however I do know all of Emotion Detector.

Thank You so much!! From Power Windows, I'd love to learn them all if that's not too much.... I really appreciate this :) Do you happen to also know Distant Early Warning, Afterimage, Red Sector A, and the section before the solo in Tom Sawyer? Edited by pfrushfan0122

I might not have time to write them all out so here are some useful websites and videos.

Distant Early Warning- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVX3Ua9686E

Territories-

Rush Keybaord Tab Website- http://www.cygnusproductions.com/rtp/keys/keys.asp

Middletown Dreams-

Mystic Rhythms (Synth bass)- http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/rush/mystic_rhythms_btab.htm

Tom Saywer-

The Big Money-

Also something I've found that's good is that a lot of websites have synth parts for Rush songs tabbed out for guitar, so if you get a tuner play the note or chord you can then transpose that to keybaord.

Emotion Detector

Intro (Notes)

G C F G D x2

C F G D x4

F G A G F D E G F D C D

F G A G F D E G F G D

F G A G F D E G F A G D C D

F G A G F D E G F

After first verse

F G A G F D E G F D C D

F G A G F D E G F E D E F G

Chorus (Chords)

C C C C F G Dm Am G x 3

C F G Dm Am G

End of the guitar solo (Notes)

F G A G F D E G F D C D

F G A G F D E G F G D

F G A G F D E G F A G D C D

F G A G F D E G F E D E F G

End chorus (Chords)

C C C C D D D D x 2

C C C C F G Dm Am G

C C C C F G Dm x 2

C C C C D D D D

C F G Dm Am G C C C C

Hope this helps. Sorry I can't write them all out for you as some can be found on other websites apart from a few, suchas Emotion Detector which I learnt by ear apart from the chorus parts.

Hey, The video for Tom Sawyer is mine. Hope you like it.

I thought it was! I'll add you on YouTube. You actually helped me learn all the parts to Ton Sawyer o thank you!

Thank you. In the video, I play "fake" Taurus pedals (Roland PK-5) for the low growl, but that is actually MIDI'd to my Korg DW8000 which replicates that sound.

Edited by RUSH-2112

Your videos are really helpful and awesome! Do you have a tab to afterimage? I keep watching your video, but can't seem to fully get it right..

Thank you for the kind words. I do not have the tab for Afterimage. I just learned it by ear. I could probably write down the chords I am playing

Edited by RUSH-2112

I was just wondering if anyone had a resource for key tabs/ sheet music for any Rush songs. I'm starting to play the keyboards/piano and I'd love to play them in addition to my bass! I'm already loving playing Subdivisions with both bass and keys. I found that chart through Rockband....

www.cygnusproductions.com/rtp

Your videos are really helpful and awesome! Do you have a tab to afterimage? I keep watching your video, but can't seem to fully get it right..

Thank you for the kind words. I do not have the tab for Afterimage. I just learned it by ear. I could probably write down the chords I am playing

That would be awesome if you could! I would love to learn that song so my band could play it live...

Not to harsh anyone's mellow but some of us actually LEARNED this stuff with chord books, albums, ears and time. Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish. I mean it is good that people are willing to help each other. Perhaps because there was no internet when I started to figure this stuff out but more likely the satisfaction of truly understanding of how these songs work is more gratifying than having another person show me. You will be surprised what you can learn with a little time and energy. Having someone else do the work is a little like cheating to me. Maybe I'm a hard a$$ but no one can take away from you what you learn on your own.

I know TONS of these but have not posted because no one showed me. I had a friend help point me in the right direction for programming synth tones but the rest I figured out myself. I have helped others with specific songs or passages but that's different than the entire catalog. If someone has tried on their own but just can't get their head around something then ok.

We have had similar discussions in the past here with regards to tabs here. Many of them are shoddy or just plain wrong. You end up playing somebody else's bad mistake. Not that the guys posting here are wrong or bad (honestly I only looked at Yyz) but trusting someone other than Geddy Lee himself is ill advised in my opinion. :)

Thus ends my social service announcement. Carry on...

Not to harsh anyone's mellow but some of us actually LEARNED this stuff with chord books, albums, ears and time. Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish. I mean it is good that people are willing to help each other. Perhaps because there was no internet when I started to figure this stuff out but more likely the satisfaction of truly understanding of how these songs work is more gratifying than having another person show me. You will be surprised what you can learn with a little time and energy. Having someone else do the work is a little like cheating to me. Maybe I'm a hard a$$ but no one can take away from you what you learn on your own.

I know TONS of these but have not posted because no one showed me. I had a friend help point me in the right direction for programming synth tones but the rest I figured out myself. I have helped others with specific songs or passages but that's different than the entire catalog. If someone has tried on their own but just can't get their head around something then ok.

We have had similar discussions in the past here with regards to tabs here. Many of them are shoddy or just plain wrong. You end up playing somebody else's bad mistake. Not that the guys posting here are wrong or bad (honestly I only looked at Yyz) but trusting someone other than Geddy Lee himself is ill advised in my opinion. :)

Thus ends my social service announcement. Carry on...

I get your point, but that is precisely why I like helping people out. Most of the stuff can be found online somewhere, be it on YouTube or other websites. But there's just sone stuff that can't be found. Emotion Detector, Red Sector A and Chemistry are good examples, I learnt those by ear. While it was gratifying to learn it myself it would have been nice if there were online resources to help me ou because I'm not a musician and can't listen t something and figure I out. Most of he time I just get lucky. That's why I help out because I like to pass on the knowledge I have gained so other people can have the help I only wished of having. A

So I don't profess to know the exact way you play them, I am only putting out there how I play them. I mean I know shone of the chords for the Aalog Kid is wrong and I do need to work on that.

Here is a video of me playing Afterimage. You can't see the chords I am playing. I am only posting to have anyone interested listen and if they think it sounds like I am playing it properly, I can help with chords and such......

The camera is fixed and I don't have any shots when the chorus parts come in (I feel the way you would.....)

Hope you like it.

Goodnight everyone, I'm from Brazil and do not speak English very well, I am translating by google translator, I hope you understand and I apologize for that. I wonder how I open tabs in extension. Ktab if someone can point me to a program I thank you. Hugs Matheus Boscariol.