Best Album For Geddy's Vocals

GeddysMullet

He's never sung better than the mid-80s IMO. Signals through Power Windows.

This. Though it continued through the early 90s too.

Afterimage, Mystic Rhythms, Time Stand Still, Available Light (despite that one high A#), Ghost of a Chance - all show off his chest voice, his intonation, and especially his emotion.

Raw Geddy screaming: Rush s/t

Prime 70s Geddy: 2112 (honorable mention to AFTK for Cygnus)

Best of his transition from 70s to 80s: MP

Best 80s Ged: PoW (this is tough though, his voice was very consistent from Signals to HYF, but I think here he really picked the best melodies and sang with the most expression)

Best of Presto to T4E: CP

Best of the 00's: Snakes (VT and CA both suffer from a bit of a choral Geddy overload, and CA additionally suffers from Geddy straining to reach some notes)

• Like 1

My favorite era of his voice is the '70s, and i'd say 2112 and A Farewell to Kings are his best vocal albums. I think his high range was at his best there, and he has the lion's share of his best performances ("2112", "Something for Nothing", "Cygnus X-1", "A Farewell to Kings", "Xanadu") and was capable of singing high with a grittier and cleaner tone just as well (especially on the latter).

I'd say his best post-peak album was Power Windows. His mid-range tone during that period had become richer and warmer, and he had built back his high range somewhat after damaging it during the Tour of the Hemispheres, hitting impressive higher notes on songs like "The Big Money", "Grand Designs", and "Mystic Rhythms".

• Like 1