14 - Best Song From Roll The Bones

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1050 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Dreamline
    • Bravado
    • Roll The Bones
    • Face Up
    • Where's My Thing?
    • The Big Wheel
    • Heresy
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • Neurotica
    • You Bet Your Life

Although Dreamline is out of control awesome.... I had to go with Bravado. Everything in life just stops for 4 minutes and 35 seconds whenever that song is played. There is so much emotion and power in the music and lyrics (like in so many of their songs).

The live version, for me, is an ultimate highlight of their show. I'm so glad the boys have decided to keep it in the setlist since '92. It actually overtook Closer To The Heart as their "extended ending" song. biggrin.gif

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh, Roll the Bones - another of my favourite Rush albums. You really can say that every song on this one is a killer and the production is awesome. As for my favourite track, I see I'm the first to go for Neurotica.

Why? I just love the lyrics.

I go with Dreamline on this one. IMHO, it's probably the best track to open a concert with and just the perfect opening to this album.

Face Up

Dreamline is awesome live, but the studio version is just blah...

roll the bones...the bassline for that song is incredible, especially played live. bravado is really great too though 653.gif

Neurotica

Snap!

Hide in your shell, let the world go to hell

It's like Russian roulette to you

Snap!

Sweat running cold, you can't face growing old

It's a personal threat to you

Snap!

The world is a cage for your impotent rage

But don't let it get to you

Snap!

any one who didnt vote for THE BIG WHEEL needs an "angel to forgive" their sins!! no, im only kidding....its a great album all the way through.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 14 2004, 10:42 AM)
Although Dreamline is out of control awesome.... I had to go with Bravado.  Everything in life just stops for 4 minutes and 35 seconds whenever that song is played.  There is so much emotion and power in the music and lyrics (like in so many of their songs).

The live version, for me, is an ultimate highlight of their show.  It actually overtook Closer To The Heart as their "extended ending" song.  biggrin.gif

Yep, Bravado. But I must respond again because RTB is the first CD purchased as a new release (since MP) and is the one that made Rush, well just go BOOM to me.

I have to mention Dreamline again (as it's one of my all time favorite Rush songs), RTB (Killer highlight of their live show - someone help me convert Kazz tongue.gif), Heresy (One of my favorites from the CD and it should get so much more attention as being one of their best), Ghost of a Chance (another underrated classic and noted as their favorite from the CD - I wish they would play it live again).

Bravado, because it rules studio & live.

it was a real toss up between Bravado, RTB, Dreamline, & Where's My Thing..i remember Dreamline gave me shivers this summer..everybody, RUSH fan or just drug along, sang 'we are young'..i'll never forget it. biggrin.gif

2.gif

Edited by happysmiles007