20 minutes Tool song

Akron162

In a somewhat recent interview, Danny Carey said that the focal point of their next album will be a 20 minute multiparted suite that will take a good chunk of the album.

A 20 minute Tool song... hmmm... I think the word "epic" doesn't make justice to the concept.

• Like 1

Sounds very interesting...normally my stingy musical tastes steer me away from that kind of heaviness...but Tool is an exception. I cant wait to see what Danny and Maynard have up their sleeves...saw them a while back and they pulled out the riff from Passage to Bangkok before Cold and Ugly....heard they used to play it on Jambi too
  • Like 1

Let's see if I can predict how this epic will play out.

Two minutes of atmospheric noise accompanied by an answering-machine message that sounds all creepy but is really about making cookies.

Two minutes of palm-muted riffing played on the third, fifth, and sixth frets as Maynard grumbles about emotional subjects like violence on TV.

Two minutes of a screechy Adam Jones solo that sounds like every other screechy Adam Jones solo.

Two minutes where they get really quiet for "atmosphere."

Four minutes of one sludgy riff played over and over again.

Four minutes of a Danny Carey electronic drum solo that sounds like one of those pre-programmed beats on an old Casio keyboard.

Two minutes of a screechy Adam Jones solo that sounds like every other screechy Adam Jones solo.

Two minutes of the same power-chord driven finale they've been rehashing since Pushit.

There we have it: a surefire Hemispheres slayer. Can't wait!

• Like 5

Two minutes of atmospheric noise accompanied by an answering-machine message that sounds all creepy but is really about making cookies.

Two minutes of palm-muted riffing played on the third, fifth, and sixth frets as Maynard grumbles about emotional subjects like violence on TV.

Four minutes of a Danny Carey electronic drum solo that sounds like one of those pre-programmed beats on an old Casio keyboard.

Two minutes of the same power-chord driven finale they've been rehashing since Pushit.

Debbie Downer, is that you?

I bet Kenneth wishes he'd written that. Still, they're better than most trash that gets written about on this forum.

Edited by Steevo

I'm convinced these guys haven't even started writing any new material. Every interview you read they all say something different regarding a new album. Maynard is too busy with his wine and shitty side projects. He IS a TOOL!

4th June 2013

"Along with finishing up blending trials for the 2012 Reds, attending several winemaker dinners, launching a new Co-Operative blend with three other vintners, WORLD CLASS MULTI TASKER MJK is currently mastering the PUSCIFER CONDITIONS OF MY PAROLE REMIX ALBUM entitled "ALL REMIXED UP." Did I mention dvds, a prestigious James Beard Foundation event, and the bottling of 2500 cases of Merkin Vineyards Reds?"

Get into the studio FFS already and start recording with Tool, everything else you do is bullshit.

• Like 1

I bet Kenneth wishes he'd written that. Still, they're better than most trash that gets written about on this forum.

yea, I'll take tool over great white, but that doesnt say a whole lot

Get into the studio FFS already and start recording with Tool, everything else you do is bullshit.

So you're saying A Perfect Circle is also shit? F**k, we all agree Puscifer's shit but if it isn't a Tool album I rather have another APC album.

Maynard is not the one holding Tool back from releasing a new album

The other 3 are pretty content to work when they feel like it because at this point they feel no pressure and Maynard instead of waiting likes to keep busy

Maynard always comes in later on in the process

So you're saying A Perfect Circle is also shit? F**k, we all agree Puscifer's shit but if it isn't a Tool album I rather have another APC album.

lol, ok, no offence.