Rush On Cassette?

robertrobyn

Does anyone know the list of what was on cassette? I know it is outdated but my son who I got hooked on Rush has a new stereo that plays them and he wants to start looking for them. Does anyone have a list?Thanks for the help. btw he is 15 Edited by robertrobyn

Wow, I used to have everything by them on cassette until I stopped buying cassette tapes. I had everything from Rush through Counterparts on cassette - I probably still have most of those actually. I guess it's a question of what was the last one made. I just looked online, and they exist for T4E and VT, but I don't know (and doubt) if they exist for S&A and CA. In terms of live albums, not sure what the last one made was. Edited by rushgoober
  • Like 1

Just like goober, I had everything from their first album through Counterparts on cassette. If I did some serious digging around my house i'm sure I could find most of them packed away somewhere. I'm pretty sure most cassettes are out of print by now, so you'll have to do some searching around the internet to see if anybody is selling them. Good Luck. Edited by J2112YYZ

All I've got on cassettes are Rush and Moving Pictures.

What's an 8-track..? :)

:LOL: It's some thing that was invented before the wheel. :codger: :P

That made me laugh out loud! :LMAO:

Wow, I used to have everything by them on cassette until I stopped buying cassette tapes. I had everything from Rush through Counterparts on cassette - I probably still have most of those actually. I guess it's a question of what was the last one made. I just looked online, and they exist for T4E and VT, but I don't know (and doubt) if they exist for S&A and CA. In terms of live albums, not sure what the last one made was.

Hey Goobs! Big favor to ask. Can you tell me what the track list on the Fly By Night Cassette is? I know it was different than the vinyl/cd. My friend had it on cassette and it was the first album pre-2112 that I was introduced to/blown away by. I'd love to remember what the order was.

Come to think of it, are there any other cassettes that had the track list changed? If so, what are they?

Thanks! :cheers:

I know the first two albums differed from LP to cassette. Here is how they were on cassette. These are on canadian cassettes which may be different.

Fly By Night

Side 1 Anthem, Best I Can, Beneath Between & Behind, Making Memories, Rivendell

Side 2 Fly By Night, By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Rush

Side 1 Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In the Mood, Working Man

Side 2 Before and After, Need Some Love, Take a Friend, Here Again

Wow, I used to have everything by them on cassette until I stopped buying cassette tapes. I had everything from Rush through Counterparts on cassette - I probably still have most of those actually. I guess it's a question of what was the last one made. I just looked online, and they exist for T4E and VT, but I don't know (and doubt) if they exist for S&A and CA. In terms of live albums, not sure what the last one made was.

Hey Goobs! Big favor to ask. Can you tell me what the track list on the Fly By Night Cassette is? I know it was different than the vinyl/cd. My friend had it on cassette and it was the first album pre-2112 that I was introduced to/blown away by. I'd love to remember what the order was.

Come to think of it, are there any other cassettes that had the track list changed? If so, what are they?

I'll try and find them and check, but it might take awhile - they're packed up a bit...

If you had Caress Of Steel on casette - I Think I'm Going Bald and Didacts and Narpets were switched. Talk about a mindf**k when Bald starts in, in the middle of TFOL. I made myself a tape from the vinyl to play in my car so it was right.

I made Rush mix tapes for most of there library up to Vapor Trails. Only pre recorded Rush albums i purchased on cassette were Permanent Waves & Presto. And only because they were in a bargain bin at K-Mart. :)

If you had Caress Of Steel on casette - I Think I'm Going Bald and Didacts and Narpets were switched. Talk about a mindf**k when Bald starts in, in the middle of TFOL. I made myself a tape from the vinyl to play in my car so it was right.

I had seen that too. What kind of stupid idea was that? My cassette version didn't have that mix, so there must have been different versions of the cassette released.

I'll try and find them and check, but it might take awhile - they're packed up a bit...

Wait... no need to dig. I didn't realize they were packed away. It's not that important.

Just stopped by my local record shop...picked up Power Windows and HYF to complete my collection and i noticed behind the counter they had a ton of Rush on cassette...and only $1 a piece! Got everything from Rush to Presto. Didnt think they'd actually have Exit, Stage Left on tape...got it nonetheless...now to dust off that old contraption and test them out...contemplating whether or not playing 2112 on three formats (vinyl, tape, and blu-ray) simultaneously would cause some type of tear in the time/space continuum

Looked and the only one I got left is Power Windows; got rid of the rest of 'em as I transferred everything over to the CD version. Not sure why I kept this one? Maybe because I loved this album, (and all the 80's synth stuff). So for the tour setlist to include these songs is just :drool: :drool:

If he gets into 8-tracks I have a few of them still......1st 5 studio albums & ATWAS........

I actually collect these, but only managed to find about five so far -- 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Archives (2)

I never bought a Rush cassette in my life though (Actually that's not quite true, I have a few cassette singles (remember those?) from the Presto, Roll The Bones and Counterparts.)

I've seen Rush cassettes (including all compilations) through 1997 (I don't know if they bothered with remastering the cassettes aside from Retrospectives I and II) I'm also not sure if Vapor Trails was released on cassette in the US, but it may have been. I would imagine Different Stages wasn't but that came out in 1998.