Reports of mass casualties from tornado at MO Holiday Inn

laughedatbytime

Being reported on social media: “Mass casualty event” at the Holiday Inn in Earth City, MO… reported by KMOV-TV #mowx

WeatherNation twitter account

Absolutely devastating and another heartbreaking night on the plains and in the midwest. OKC got another one last night too. I hope everyone stays safe and my thoughts and prayers are with all those effected by these terrible storms.

:(

• Like 1

KMOV reporter at Holiday Inn in Earth City, MO now reports “no mass casualties”
from the Facebook page of WeatherNation.

Par for the course for the media. :facepalm:

Still, there was plenty of devastation...five people, including a mother and baby, lost their lives in Oklahoma. RIP. :rose:

• Like 1

KMOV reporter at Holiday Inn in Earth City, MO now reports “no mass casualties”
from the Facebook page of WeatherNation.

Par for the course for the media. :facepalm:

Still, there was plenty of devastation...five people, including a mother and baby, lost their lives in Oklahoma. RIP. :rose:

Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as first thought in MO. But, OK is NOT the place to be right now! My god, how much more can those poor people take? And, I have a friend from work who moved to Tulsa only two days ago. We're all worried about her and her kids being hit with this kind of weather. Spring in Tornado Alley is totally nerve wracking. My girls have fairly acute storm fears.

How anyone could live in Tornado Alley or on top of the San Andreas fault is beyond me. I'm quite content to put up with the occasional blizzard.....

How anyone could live in Tornado Alley or on top of the San Andreas fault is beyond me. I'm quite content to put up with the occasional blizzard.....

Yeah, no kidding! Wondering how those Moore, OK residents can just rebuild AGAIN for the 3rd time and not think twice about it? I'd be like..."Get me the F*ck outta here!" :scared: :scared:

Funny you should ask that. I have lived in the "Alley" for a long time & have seen many many tornados. It's all about knowing what to do when the conditions are ripe. Unfortunately, thanks to that Storm Chasers show there are an enormous amount of amateurs now attempting to chase storms. This is causing big traffic problems which have recently resulted in casualties due to lots of irresponsible behavior. In fact one example some of our colleagues observed during the last outbreak was that of a pickup truck occupied by some youngsters with two individuals standing in the bed shooting video with small cameras & phones as they travelled down the highway at a high rate of speed. No safety harnesses or anything. Prime example of why I don't go ito the field anymore, drivers around here are stupid enough in normal conditions. This was the same storm that changed directions & caused the deaths of several veteran chasers, as well as amateurs. This is not a game folks! Oh by the way, I just happen to work at a facility that specializes in this sort of "natural science".