Mel Brooks writing 'Spaceballs' sequel

Jack Aubrey

From Coming Soon:

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 28 2004, 08:17 AM)
From Coming Soon:

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens.

Sounds good to me. It would be kinda interesting to see which one would do better in the theatres if they play at the same time. As for history of the world part 2, that may never happen.

We've got this from Film Fodder:

January 20, 2005

Spaceballs Gets Animated for TV Series

Variety says a "Spaceballs" animated TV series will soon bring the Schwartz to a new generation. Like the film, the series will feast on sci-fi and pop culture targets.

"With all the fantasy stuff out there, there's plenty of grist for our mill," says "Spaceballs" creator Mel Brooks. Brooks will be voicing two of the series' returning characters: President Skroob and Yogurt.

The series has received an initial order of 14 episodes -- an hour-long pilot and 13 half-hour episodes. Production on the series will ramp up in the second half of 2005, but air dates and channels have not been determined. It's also not known how, or if, the "Spaceballs" TV series will affect development of "Spaceballs 2."

Big fan of the Star Wars francise of films, but thought this parody was stupid.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Jun 27 2006, 09:57 PM)
im getting sick of all these sequals...everywhere u look nowadays is a sequal to movies that dont need them.

that is because hollywood ran out of original ideas...also why they make movie versions of tv shows, and movies based on books in greater numbers now......