Dismal news......

D3strukt

http://loudwire.com/...a-rest-of-life/

Although Tony Iommi‘s health has been improving since his early 2012 cancer diagnosis, some unfortunate news has been made public by the iconic Black Sabbath guitarist. Having thought his lymphoma was gone, Iommi was recently informed by his doctor that he most probably never be completely cancer-free.

Iommi’s cancer battle has been one of music’s most inspirational stories in recent history. Having been forced to postpone Black Sabbath’s recording and touring plans, Iommi fought through the worst of his lymphoma all while composing monster riffs for a future release. Despite the setbacks, Black Sabbath have completed recording their first album featuring Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne and Geezer Butler in 35 years, but Iommi’s health hardships may never completely leave him.

In the newest issue of Guitar World magazine, Iommi went in-depth about his current health status:

When I’d finished the chemo and the radiotherapy, I went to see the doctor again for my regular blood tests. I said, ‘So it’s gone now?’ And he said, ‘No, it’s not going to go. You’re not going to get rid of it. But we can treat it and work with it.’ I got all dismal, because I thought it was gone. He said there was a 30 percent chance of it going away, but I was probably going to have this for life. Now I get treatments to keep it from spreading. So every six weeks I go in for an infusion of Rituximab, which is one of the four ingredients when they give you the chemo. It takes a few hours, and it makes you feel a bit crap inside and a bit sick. But a couple weeks after, I start perking up again. So that’s how we are working it with the shows. I go out, then come back and go into the hospital for more treatment, more blood tests and all the rest of the rubbish. And then we do it all over again.

Stay strong, Tony. We’re all pulling for you. Black Sabbath’s ’13′ album will see a June 11 release date, and we can’t wait to hear it in full!

I hate to say this guys, but I'm pretty sure we can except to lose this man within the next 5 years. I've dealt with cancer, first and foremost via my mother.

Controlling it only works for so long, then the chemotherapy loses it's effect.

Edited by D3strukt

doctors are actually speculating that I might have lymphoma...if so, at least I have something in common with the great tony iommi

Oh heck..! :hug2: ..?

:( :( :( :( :(

:madra: Listen you TRF Sabbath maniacs, you better go out and get this album, no matter what you've been bitching about, whether it's been Bill Ward's absence, Ozzy's voice, Sharon's beaver, Kelly's gut, Geezer's "dad-style" leather jackets, or that drummer from Rage Against the Machine's buttock warts, because this might be the last Sabbath album that will ever be! :madra:

• Like 4

doctors are actually speculating that I might have lymphoma...if so, at least I have something in common with the great tony iommi

Sorry to read that :(

well from everything I've read having lymphoma's not that big of a deal if you get it when you're young like me. and I don't know that I have it, it's probably just my mono causing lymphoma-like symptoms because both come from the epstein-barr virus

not to derail the thread or anything, I'm more concerned with iommi right now. gonna be sad when he croaks. luckily, he'll be going out on a good note with this album I think

• Like 2

well from everything I've read having lymphoma's not that big of a deal if you get it when you're young like me. and I don't know that I have it, it's probably just my mono causing lymphoma-like symptoms because both come from the epstein-barr virus

not to derail the thread or anything, I'm more concerned with iommi right now. gonna be sad when he croaks. luckily, he'll be going out on a good note with this album I think

So you have lymphoma, but you don't? :wacko:

edited to say, oh you might. Sorry but you got really confusing there. You either have it or you don't.

Edited by Lerxster

So you have lymphoma, but you don't? :wacko:

edited to say, oh you might. Sorry but you got really confusing there. You either have it or you don't.

yeah I should've worded it differently

:madra: Listen you TRF Sabbath maniacs, you better go out and get this album, no matter what you've been bitching about, whether it's been Bill Ward's absence, Ozzy's voice, Sharon's beaver, Kelly's gut, Geezer's "dad-style" leather jackets, or that drummer from Rage Against the Machine's buttock warts, because this might be the last Sabbath album that will ever be! :madra:

I am buying the album and more important I going to see them in August. I passed on the Heaven and Hell tour in 2009 hoping they would come to Indy and needless to say I regret it now.

I tried to listen to some Black Sabbath earlier, and I couldn't...get into the headbanging mood, Behind the Wall of Sleep sounds more ominous than usual.

Sabbath is not head banging music. Most of it is better described as doom. Great stuff though. Put on something like the album paranoid and just listen to how advanced the bass and drums were for the time, amazing stuff.

• Like 1

My grandfather lived to 103 with lymphoma.

I tried to listen to some Black Sabbath earlier, and I couldn't...get into the headbanging mood, Behind the Wall of Sleep sounds more ominous than usual.

Sabbath is not head banging music. Most of it is better described as doom. Great stuff though. Put on something like the album paranoid and just listen to how advanced the bass and drums were for the time, amazing stuff.

I'm well, well aware. I'm as big a Sabbath fan as I am a Rush fan (was introduced to Sabbath, BEFORE Rush ahaha!) I don't really know anyone who doesn't headbang to Sabbath though.

Whenever I hear Snowblind, or Into the Void, my head is going, as well as my foot.

And if they're coming anywhere near you, get out and see them. Yeah, Ozzy's voice will suck on a couple of songs. What's new? Point is you will get one last chance to see the band more responsible for the entire genre of heavy metal than any other and you'll get to see one of the all-time greats play guitar. I am so pumped to be seeing them at The Gorge on August 24th. Gonna be hot as fukk and I could care less cuz it's FUKKING SABBATH BABEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sabbath is not head banging music. Most of it is better described as doom...........

Um listen to the riffs in After Forever and then tell me James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine didn't listen to that a LOT on their way to speed metal land. Sabbathn is doom but it's head banger too. As Rob Zombie once said in an interview: "We (metal bands) all are just doing Sabbath. Some of us speed it up, some of us slow it down but really it's all Sabbath. We're just lucky they don't sue us all for plagiarism."

I knew someone who lived with lymphoma for over 20 years before she passed and even then it was a complication from it that did her in.

Hopefully he will continue to get the treatments and that will be all he needs to carry on. I'm hoping for a 2014 Colorado tour date!

Sabbath is not head banging music. Most of it is better described as doom...........

Um listen to the riffs in After Forever and then tell me James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine didn't listen to that a LOT on their way to speed metal land. Sabbathn is doom but it's head banger too. As Rob Zombie once said in an interview: "We (metal bands) all are just doing Sabbath. Some of us speed it up, some of us slow it down but really it's all Sabbath. We're just lucky they don't sue us all for plagiarism."

It ALWAYS comes back to Tony :notworthy: :haz: :smoke:

I am buying the album and more important I going to see them in August. I passed on the Heaven and Hell tour in 2009 hoping they would come to Indy and needless to say I regret it now.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

:yes: Yes, Ward and Butler are one of the great rhythm sections of rock. Ward is a swing drummer playing rock and it reflects brilliantly in his playing. Same with Butler's bass playing. The groove is *so* deep.

:cheers: