Can you list the dates and order of your Rush purchases?

circumstantial tree

doesn't have to be exact, but I want to see if people can remember those special days when they first purchased and played a new Rush album. I'll take a deep breath....and here goes mine:

Signals - December 25, 1982

Moving Pictures - December 25, 1983

Grace Under Pressure - April 21, 1984

Fly By Night - September 28, 1984

Caress of Steel - September 29, 1984

A Farewell to Kings - Thanksgiving Eve 1984

Hemispheres - December 24, 1984

2112 - December 25, 1984

Permanent Waves - December 25, 1984

Exit...Stage Left - December 25, 1984

Rush - April 1985

Power Windows - October 29, 1985

All the World's a Stage - July 1986

Hold Your Fire - September 8, 1987

A Show of Hands - January 9, 1989

Presto - November 21, 1989

Roll the Bones - September 3, 1991

Counterparts - October 23, 1993

Test for Echo - September 10, 1996

Different Stages - 1999?

Vapor Trails - May 14, 2002

Feedback - May 2004

Snakes and Arrows - May 2007

Clockwork Angels - June 12, 2012

Roll the Bones - December 26th 1991

Hold Your Fire - March 1992 (my fourteenth birthday)

A Show of Hands - June 1992

Power Windows/Test For Echo - July 1997

2112 - May 8th 2013

Clockwork Angels - May 24th 2013

For real?

Uh... June 1980 - Permanent Waves

Within the next few months - 2112, AFTK, FBN, CoS, RUSH, Hemispheres

After that I bought everything on the official release date although there were a few that I got advance copies of.. but I still bought them on release day (PoW, HYF, Presto, RTB, CP, T4E)

I used to keep a log of what music I bought and when. Nowadays, I write in the date on the inside sleeve of the CD.

Um...no. :eh:

you got yourself a homework assignment now, baby. ;)

I did get Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels the day they were released. :)

I used to keep a log of what music I bought and when. Nowadays, I write in the date on the inside sleeve of the CD.

I don't get it. Does music expire?

I don't get it. Does music expire?

If it's terrible, it's expired. Good music, however, never expires. ;)

I can’t do exact dates as I’m over 50 now and the memory isn’t what it used to be, but here goes.

October ‘ish 78 – Hemispheres (vinyl)

November ’78 – 2112 (vinyl)

December ’78 – Archives (vinyl). Purchased instead of buying family Christmas presents, which then had to be bought nearer the day.

March ’79 – Home recording of All the World’s a Stage (cassette) in preparation of seeing the band live

Permanent Waves – on release (vinyl - I have the original cover with the newspaper headline)

A Farewell To Kings – Can’t remember exact dates and not sure why I waited so long to buy it. It might have been because I didn’t have much cash

Moving Pictures - on release (vinyl)

Exit... Stage Left – on release (vinyl)

Signals – on release (cassette)

Grace Under Pressure – No idea, but it was the LAST vinyl LP I bought. I was losing interest in Rush as they were getting away from guitar-based music – in my opinion. Or was it just me losing interest in music in general as different priorities took over?

In the early 90’s I did buy an early CD version of Hemispheres, which is my favourite Rush album and my youngest daughter loved the cover.

Then in the late 90’s/early 21C I rediscovered the band, starting with Different Stages and then Roll the Bones. This was quickly followed up with Presto and Test for Echo because the artwork was more interesting. Hold Your Fire, Counterparts and Power Windows were next. Along the way I also picked up the CD versions of the earlier albums. These purchases included the re-mastered ATWAS, bought in Oct’2006 (Tracks , York).

I picked up Vapor Trails when it was released as the fire was burning again. Eventually, I picked up the re-mastered version of A Show of Hands, but rarely play it.

Following Vapor Trails, I've tried to get the new releases (live recordings, DVDs and albums) as it has been released. Some of the original CD’s have been replaced with re-mastered versions or the deluxe version and in May I succumbed to buying the Sector box-sets.

In short, I’m a marketing man’s dream!

Call me sad if you want, but a little like Circumstantial Tree, I used to have a spreadsheet (I said you could call me SAD!) detailing artist, LP, year of release, date of purchase, where bought from and price paid. It was kind of interesting to see how much cash I spent on CDs over the year/years.

I started with some iTunes stuff, before picking up Snakes and Arrows live sometime over summer of 2008, then I got the gold collection for Christmas that year, then

Feb 2009…Moving Pictures

Apr 2009…A Farewell to Kings

Jun 2009…Hold Your Fire

Aug 2009…2112 & Hemispheres

Nov 2009…Fly By Night

Christmas 2009…Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, and Roll the Bones

Feb 20120…Exit Stage Left

May 2010…Presto

June 2010…Counterparts, Permanent Waves, and A Show of Hands

June 2011…Rush, Caress of Steel, and Test for Echo

June 2012…Clockwork Angels

October 2012…Snakes and Arrows & Time Machine Tour

April 2013…Feedback

I can’t remember which Christmases and birthdays my DVDs and Vinyl came from, and I hope to get Vapor trails on my next birthday.

I'm just going to go with the very first copy of everything (Vinyl or CD) and not get bogged down with the mulitples game.

Everything on release days (or before when I learned how to do that) except for compilations (got those later and cheaper) beginning with Power Windows. (I bought my own copies of everything before that over a period of a few months in 1984).