Shockingly bad sound at Manchester

When i went to the gig in Baltimore a few weeks ago, i was down on the floor, just about dead-center, and the sound was just about PERFECT. When I saw them back in December at the Toyota Center in Houston, I was up at the very top balcony, about halfway across the arena, and the sound was "eh".

Who is Rush's sound man, and how has he not been sacked?

I could see the band, but I couldn't hear them. It was just a mush. No bass guitar in the mix, no synths in the 80s stuff.

The only time you could make out Neil were his solos.

Nowhere near enough speakers to fill the room, so the sound man attempted to fill the rest of the space with sub frequencies. Absolutely gut wrenchingly disappointing.

Maybe you should get you're ears checked.

Maybe you should get your grammar checked.

I'm a professional musician, my ears work just fine.

I was also in 113 for the Manchester show and the sound was fine,my brother who bought a ticket outside was at the other side and again he said it sounded fine.

My only complaint soundwise would be the orchestra,could hardly hear them.

I was also in 113 for the Manchester show and the sound was fine,my brother who bought a ticket outside was at the other side and again he said it sounded fine.

Hey Tel! long time no hear, how's things?

Just got back from Sheffield and the sound was fantastic. Slightly too quiet for the first few songs but still very good and the 2nd set was absolutely spot on. Didn't have any problems hearing any of the instruments or the orchestra, Fantastic show!

Looks like this thread is the winner of the battle of "sound sucked in Manchester threads." What do you think made the difference? What was it about this version that made it rise above the rest?

Who is Rush's sound man, and how has he not been sacked?

I could see the band, but I couldn't hear them. It was just a mush. No bass guitar in the mix, no synths in the 80s stuff.

The only time you could make out Neil were his solos.

Nowhere near enough speakers to fill the room, so the sound man attempted to fill the rest of the space with sub frequencies. Absolutely gut wrenchingly disappointing.

Maybe you should get you're ears checked.

Maybe you should get your grammar checked.

I'm a professional musician, my ears work just fine.

:LOL:

Hey Tel! long time no hear, how's things?

all good mate,the conversation was getting a little stale so I decided to go into hibernation for a while.

Looks like this thread is the winner of the battle of "sound sucked in Manchester threads." What do you think made the difference? What was it about this version that made it rise above the rest?

Post time. 05:29 AM was optimal.

I was 7 rows back from stage last night in Sheffield on Geddys side and the sound was pretty good. Just goes to show it's where you are in the venue. Really enjoyed it, even the eighties stuff apart from red sector A, don't like that one at all. The strings in CA were superb and added to the texture, carnies was excellent.