Job Complaint Thread

I really love my job but every once in a while I have something to complain about. I can't really complain to anyone at my work so I thought this would be a great place to do it.

I’m a dentist. People with big tongues really bother me. People who easily gag and swallow every ten seconds are difficult as well. Wiggly or misbehaving kids I really don’t mind. They’re actually much easier to deal with than phobic adults. All of this being said; I personally hate going to the dentist and I’m a terrible patient. I actually deal really well with difficult patients but it still makes my job much harder to do.

The worst thing is a patient who comes in with a significant amount of work to be done because of neglect. I do the work, tell them how to care for their teeth so it won’t happen again, give them prescription fluoride toothpaste and then I see them in a year or so with plaque everywhere and more decay. :banghead:

Anyway, if anyone else wants to complain about some aspect of their job, even if they really like what they do, this thread is the place. I won't tell anyone. ;)

I really love my job but every once in a while I have something to complain about. I can't really complain to anyone at my work so I thought this would be a great place to do it.

I’m a dentist. People with big tongues really bother me. People who easily gag and swallow every ten seconds are difficult as well. Wiggly or misbehaving kids I really don’t mind. They’re actually much easier to deal with than phobic adults. All of this being said; I personally hate going to the dentist and I’m a terrible patient. I actually deal really well with difficult patients but it still makes my job much harder to do.

The worst thing is a patient who comes in with a significant amount of work to be done because of neglect. I do the work, tell them how to care for their teeth so it won’t happen again, give them prescription fluoride toothpaste and then I see them in a year or so with plaque everywhere and more decay. :banghead:

Anyway, if anyone else wants to complain about some aspect of their job, even if they really like what they do, this thread is the place. I won't tell anyone. ;)

I appreciate a good dentist!!!! almost got screwed one time by one. When my wife and I moved after we got married, saw a nice looking dentist office in our neighborhood, thought we would schedule an appointment (they were in network for our insurance). The guy does all this 3D xray crap, and has this little wand that whistles when it detects a "cavity". He tells us my wife has 7 cavities and I have 5, they need to be filled, gonna cost a few grand after insurance. (neither of us ever had one in our life). I thought "maybe its the water?" talk to a good dentist friend in oregon, he says get a second opinion. Ran into a different dentist at church, he says come by his office tomorrow, no charge. Looks at us both, says "neither of you have any cavities". Not gonna lie, I was kinda paranoid for the next two years that or teeth were going to suddenly fall out, but 5 years later neither of us have any cavities. Dr. Murph, the guy from church is our new dentist, he isnt in network for any insurance, but I am more than happy to pay cash for a guy I trust.

From this experience, all I can say is that I have a new appreciation for good dentists. I imagine you are one of them!

I appreciate a good dentist!!!! almost got screwed one time by one. When my wife and I moved after we got married, saw a nice looking dentist office in our neighborhood, thought we would schedule an appointment (they were in network for our insurance). The guy does all this 3D xray crap, and has this little wand that whistles when it detects a "cavity". He tells us my wife has 7 cavities and I have 5, they need to be filled, gonna cost a few grand after insurance. (neither of us ever had one in our life). I thought "maybe its the water?" talk to a good dentist friend in oregon, he says get a second opinion. Ran into a different dentist at church, he says come by his office tomorrow, no charge. Looks at us both, says "neither of you have any cavities". Not gonna lie, I was kinda paranoid for the next two years that or teeth were going to suddenly fall out, but 5 years later neither of us have any cavities. Dr. Murph, the guy from church is our new dentist, he isnt in network for any insurance, but I am more than happy to pay cash for a guy I trust.

From this experience, all I can say is that I have a new appreciation for good dentists. I imagine you are one of them!

I went to a dentist like that for a brief spell. He told me I had leaking fillings and a bunch of crap. Got a second opinion and found out that the first dentist was probably trying to get a nicer skiing boat. ;)

Can you come to Atlanta and take care of my teeth? My awesome dentist had the audacity to RETIRE. All we have left now are Mega McDental practices and I hate those - they're all about gigging you for as much as they can once they get ahold of your insurance card.

I love my job but right now my one complaint is my usually-easygoing coworker. He doesn't multitask well at all, but we ALL are on about 5 different projects right now. Well, he bitched and whined and grumped and threw staplers and finally got one project offloaded onto someone else. He's also pissed off because our company has been acquired by a global engineering firm. We have had REPEATED assurances that our jobs are safe, from everyone; about half of the people who work for this firm are there because of acquisitions. Plus we are a new field for them. Jerry's been vocal - almost TOO vocal (telling the original owners he's not happy), and negative as hell about it. We are all sick of hearing him act like a whiny little bitch. Normally he's not like this, and I hope like hell it doesn't last.

Can you come to Atlanta and take care of my teeth? My awesome dentist had the audacity to RETIRE. All we have left now are Mega McDental practices and I hate those - they're all about gigging you for as much as they can once they get ahold of your insurance card.

I love my job but right now my one complaint is my usually-easygoing coworker. He doesn't multitask well at all, but we ALL are on about 5 different projects right now. Well, he bitched and whined and grumped and threw staplers and finally got one project offloaded onto someone else. He's also pissed off because our company has been acquired by a global engineering firm. We have had REPEATED assurances that our jobs are safe, from everyone; about half of the people who work for this firm are there because of acquisitions. Plus we are a new field for them. Jerry's been vocal - almost TOO vocal (telling the original owners he's not happy), and negative as hell about it. We are all sick of hearing him act like a whiny little bitch. Normally he's not like this, and I hope like hell it doesn't last.

Edited by rushfanforever!

Do people with tongue rings bother the dentists? I have one so i was just wondering.

Get this... my company just signed a new customer with unique stuff. They are asking me to go onsite to evaluate their software and determine the best course of action of integrating their solution into ours.

Gonna be a long flight all the way to Hawaii.

Get this... my company just signed a new customer with unique stuff. They are asking me to go onsite to evaluate their software and determine the best course of action of integrating their solution into ours.

And they are probably going to make you fly coach. :facepalm:

What drives me nuts is when the business needs something in the system yesterday, and you drop everything to meet their deadline. Then you give the deliverable to the business to test and verify that it is working as needed, and they take their sweet time testing and approving. :rage:

I may write a book some day. You can't make some of these things up...

I'm loving these entry level programming jobs that require 3 years of experience.

I know how that feels! I have been job searching and applying to places for a while now, and every job I come across that peaks my interest seems to say the same thing. Stuff along the lines of "2-3 years of experience preferred" or some type of pre-requesite that I don't have. I have worked at a movie theatre for the last 5 years, even having roughly a year of experience as a manager there under my belt, it's just time for me to move on to something else. It's time to get serious about my future financially, and living on my own money is really tight with that type of small salary I do pull in. I can't afford to go to school at all, and without a different job, I'm stuck where I am sadly.

And they are probably going to make you fly coach. :facepalm:

What sucks is, looks like we're leaving on a Monday morning, returning on a Wed afternoon. That's a lot of flying in 3 days. Tried having my wife take off that week and go with me, extend the trip until Sunday... no luck.

People who reheat f*cking FISH for lunch in the microwave! Jesus H. Christ, now the whole damn building smells like Ms. "I only eat clean, organic foods on the Paleo diet plan" 's lunch. (She's been preaching that diet to us forever and still is about 30 lbs overweight - I think she cheats at home).

Goddam, anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows better than that! Her excuse? "Well, I cooked it with a lot of garlic so it wouldn't smell as strong." :eyeroll: Yeah, so it just smells like garlicky fish. Thanks tons, idiot.

• Like 3

People who reheat f*cking FISH for lunch in the microwave! Jesus H. Christ, now the whole damn building smells like Ms. "I only eat clean, organic foods on the Paleo diet plan" 's lunch. (She's been preaching that diet to us forever and still is about 30 lbs overweight - I think she cheats at home).

Goddam, anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows better than that! Her excuse? "Well, I cooked it with a lot of garlic so it wouldn't smell as strong." :eyeroll: Yeah, so it just smells like garlicky fish. Thanks tons, idiot.

LOL!!! I think her diet consists of B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!!! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

LOL!!! I think her diet consists of B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!!! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Bitch did it AGAIN today! :facepalm: . As if EVERYONE in the office complaining loudly last time wasn't a freaking clue?

Her excuse now? She's "gluten sensitive" (god, I am so sick of these divas I could scream). Self-diagnosed, you understand. This time the VP came out and yelled about it (someone, ahem, tipped him off though he wasn't told who the culprit was). I hope that gets the message through her thick skull.

Even if she did have celiac disease - they ARE allowed to eat things other than fish.

I have a complaint. I'm 287 pounds. Solid muscle. I'm a bodybuilder. I also have an office day job. They refuse to let me walk around naked flexing at all the hot chicks in their cubicals. Bull crappy. They won't let me pound the hot chicks at my desk during work hours. Damn it!

You wouldn't want me as a patient - I'm a real nervous Nelly... :scared: