The Wreckers also plague Westeros

The Owl

In the Middle of a re-read of Book 5 in "A Song of Ice and Fire", or the Game of Thrones series to the show viewers, "A Dance with Dragons" when I came across this passage.....

(very minor spoilers from the book, without context that this quote is from it wont ruin anything for you... pretty safe for you show only people)

http://i.imgur.com/pOuQAS8l.jpg

Remind you of anything....? Not that they are actually related, and most likely are both inspired from the same real life events, that Neil Mentions when talking about "The Wreckers", but I came across this today and though... "Oh, that's cool" Didn't catch in on my first read, as Clockwork Angels was not out yet.

Edited by The Owl
  • Like 2

If you have ever seen John Carpenter's "The Fog" from 1980, using a false light to capsize a ship was used in the plot and it was based on an actual event of a shipwreck in California in the 1800s.
  • Like 1

From Power Windows "This Daphne Du Maurier novel Jamaica Inn describes these people called 'The Wreckers' on the coast of the Cornwall in Britain. They would not would not only plunder shipwrecks, but they would actually put up a fake light and attract the ships in a storm to crash on their shores so they could loot them. It's just a shocking example of inhumanity, and it happens to be a true story. I wove it all of that into the story of this album." - Neil Peart, Rollingstone.com, June 12, 2012
  • Like 1

I don't know why Eric at PowerWindows puts all that effort into providing this info for fans when they choose not to use his site as the first point of reference.