Anybody ever see Thunderhead: The Rush Experience

nhlrush

I was not aware of this tribute band before today....

I just stumbled upon it...here is their website....

http://www.thunderheadrush.com/?id=1

they are based out of St. Louis....

While there are a few dozen rush tribute bands floating around north america, I don't think I have ever seen one go to this extent to replicate the rush on stage experience....they look a little like them....have videos and lasers....and use most of the same equipment to produce the rush sound....

i have seen a couple of tribute bands through the years....some were just a bunch of guys, sometimes four guys, just playing the songs in a bar, it was okay....and I have also seen one or two where they really recreated the rush sound which was cool to hear live and loud...

So what do you all think about rush tribute bands? Anyone ever seen Thunderhead?

There are several RUSH tribute bands that I've known of over the years and a few of them have even gotten me interested with some pretty good musical passages that made me want to listen a little longer... and then the vocals kick in and I just laugh and turn it off... kinda like I just did when I checked out the webpage for these guys.

Great stage setup tho.. and pretty good playing.. but the singer ruins it for me.

• Like 2

Okay, no one is going to be geddy lee, vocally, but i didn't really think this guy was too bad.....yeah, normally a rush tribute band has really lame vocals, no doubt, hard to find a suitable ged vocal sound.....

I would still see this band, especially in 2014 or 15 if rush isn't touring, just to hear the music live and loud...I would certainly travel to St. Louis to see Rush, but I don't think i am heading to the midwest to see thunderhead....

Back in the day, I saw a group called Power Windows, not bad at all...east coast based....saw them in a bar in north jersey....

Edited by nhlrush

I've seen a few Zeppelin tribute bands... some good, some bad. I think I'll stick to real Rush until they hang it up. Then and only then will you find me pathetically trying to get my Rush fix from bands with names based on Rush songs.

I would love to get to see them! I have never seen a Rush tribute band IRL, just on youtube. But, I really do love Rush covers. After listening to the records so many times, maybe it is because I enjoy hearing "well done" variations on the songs. The guys that play in them must also be super- Rush fans, and that is cool- a connection with another fan. Finally, the instrumental skill of so many of the guys that do Rush covers is quite astounding really.
  • Like 1