MLB Trade Rumors

anagramking

Some crazy stuff floating around. The Cubs are trying for Preston Wilson, but are unwilling to give the Rockies three prospects. They've also been trying to pry Aubrey Huff away from Tampa since last winter. The Yankees are trying to deal Sheffield, who is quite miffed at this. Sheff feels he gave up a lot to join the Yankees. He supposedly would be interested in going back to Florida, though. The Yanks would get AJ Burnett and Juan Encarnacion in return. Texas might want to deal Soriano, possibly back to the Yankees. Mark Kotsay of the A's is in play. The Dodgers want to make deals, rumored to be trying to get Adam Dunn of Cincinnati, whose OBP is quite high despite his low BA and high strikeout totals. I imagine teams will wait until the All-Star break to start dealing.

Anybody know any other rumors out there?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know of any rumors at this time but sure hope the Jays makes some moves for once to bolster their playoff chances..they're still in the hunt with some nice starting pitching going on with Doc and Chacin...another starter and maybe another bat would be nice...they need to find a spot for Aaron Hill to play everyday when Koskie comes back..Hill has gotta be considered for Rookie of the Year...he is playing awesome...So maybe Hudson (as much as I like the guy) would make good trade bait....

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 3 2005, 12:54 AM)
Some crazy stuff floating around.  The Cubs are trying for Preston Wilson, but are unwilling to give the Rockies three prospects.  They've also been trying to pry Aubrey Huff away from Tampa since last winter.  The Yankees are trying to deal Sheffield, who is quite miffed at this.  Sheff feels he gave up a lot to join the Yankees.  He supposedly would be interested in going back to Florida, though.  The Yanks would get AJ Burnett and Juan Encarnacion in return.  Texas might want to deal Soriano, possibly back to the Yankees.  Mark Kotsay of the A's is in play.  The Dodgers want to make deals, rumored to be trying to get Adam Dunn of Cincinnati, whose OBP is quite high despite his low BA and high strikeout totals.  I imagine teams will wait until the All-Star break to start dealing. 

Not sure if I heard it right unsure.gif Didn't the Mariners trade "Bret Boone" today?

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 3 2005, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 3 2005, 12:54 AM)
Some crazy stuff floating around.  The Cubs are trying for Preston Wilson, but are unwilling to give the Rockies three prospects.  They've also been trying to pry Aubrey Huff away from Tampa since last winter.  The Yankees are trying to deal Sheffield, who is quite miffed at this.  Sheff feels he gave up a lot to join the Yankees.  He supposedly would be interested in going back to Florida, though.  The Yanks would get AJ Burnett and Juan Encarnacion in return.  Texas might want to deal Soriano, possibly back to the Yankees.  Mark Kotsay of the A's is in play.  The Dodgers want to make deals, rumored to be trying to get Adam Dunn of Cincinnati, whose OBP is quite high despite his low BA and high strikeout totals.  I imagine teams will wait until the All-Star break to start dealing. 

Not sure if I heard it right unsure.gif Didn't the Mariners trade "Bret Boone" today?

Actually he was cut....

Not sure if I heard it right  Didn't the Mariners trade "Bret Boone" today?

No, they designated him. Either they trade him in the next ten days or they release him on waivers. Very sad for him and for many of his fans.

When he first played in Seattle during his rookie year, I thought he was talented, but way too cocky and spoiled. Apparently Lou felt that way too, which was why he was traded to Cinci. When he came back he was more mature, and a better team player. And he helped the Mariners extremely well. Sadly, these past two seasons have been horrible for him. Maybe a change of venue will be good for him. It helped Olerud last year.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jul 3 2005, 08:45 PM)
Not sure if I heard it right  Didn't the Mariners trade "Bret Boone" today?

No, they designated him. Either they trade him in the next ten days or they release him on waivers. Very sad for him and for many of his fans.

When he first played in Seattle during his rookie year, I thought he was talented, but way too cocky and spoiled. Apparently Lou felt that way too, which was why he was traded to Cinci. When he came back he was more mature, and a better team player. And he helped the Mariners extremely well. Sadly, these past two seasons have been horrible for him. Maybe a change of venue will be good for him. It helped Olerud last year.

Thanks for the info. trink39.gif

Sadly, these past two seasons have been horrible for him. Maybe a change of venue will be good for him.

he broke up with his boyfriend, thus the decline in BOONIES numbers. i bet SAN FRAN could use his bat

EW!

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jul 3 2005, 08:57 PM)
Sadly, these past two seasons have been horrible for him. Maybe a change of venue will be good for him.

he broke up with his boyfriend, thus the decline in BOONIES numbers. i bet SAN FRAN could use his bat

EW!

Say what?

He was a suspected juicer. That could be part of why.

Speaking of that, Sosa has fallen off the face of the earth this year.

CBS sportsline have lilly definitely on the move.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/transactions/trades

i dont think this is what the jays should be doing. theyre dfinitely within striking distance of boston now and there run differential are too god to stay this close to .500 all year.

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Jul 3 2005, 09:15 PM)

i dont think this is what the jays should be doing. theyre dfinitely within striking distance of boston now and there run differential are too god to stay this close to .500 all year.

Ye Lilly's been a disappointment....I think he is still hurt....Like I said if Jays' can get another good starter they can make things interesting..at least for the wild card....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 3 2005, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (Raider917 @ Jul 3 2005, 09:15 PM)

Ye Lilly's been a disappointment....I think he is still hurt....Like I said if Jays' can get another good starter they can make things interesting..at least for the wild card....

Maybe they should put him on the DL now...get some rest...maybe that could be what Lilly needs...

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 3 2005, 09:33 PM)
Lilly gets moved often, it seems. Yankees, A's, Jays in the past few years. Maybe the Yanks want him back again. laugh.gif

Yanks got nothing we need and speaking of juice is it just me or does Ivan Rodriguez look very small these days confused13.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 3 2005, 08:59 PM)

EW!

Say what?

oh, I C: this a thread not for rumors but for trading rumors

my apoligies

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 3 2005, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 3 2005, 09:33 PM)
Lilly gets moved often, it seems.  Yankees, A's, Jays in the past few years.  Maybe the Yanks want him back again. laugh.gif

Yanks got nothing we need and speaking of juice is it just me or does Ivan Rodriguez look very small these days confused13.gif

He did lose a lot of weight last winter. Supposedly it was to prolong his career as a catcher. Less taxing on his knees was the reason. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jul 3 2005, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 3 2005, 08:59 PM)

EW!

Say what?

oh, I C: this a thread not for rumors but for trading rumors

my apoligies

Why did you have to go there?

EW!

fing.gif fing.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 4 2005, 10:23 PM)
another rumor i've heard is Chisox going after Jason Schmidt....talk about bolstering a staff for the second half...especially if he continues to bounce back from a bad start and pitch like he did last few years...

I heard that one, too. Just seems crazy for them to mess with that lineup right now, though. Schmidt could blow up on them, too.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 4 2005, 10:29 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 4 2005, 10:23 PM)
another rumor i've heard is Chisox going after Jason Schmidt....talk about bolstering a staff for the second half...especially if he continues to bounce back from a bad start and pitch like he did last few years...

I heard that one, too. Just seems crazy for them to mess with that lineup right now, though. Schmidt could blow up on them, too.

He was starting to come around but got beat on by Padres last start...claims he was distracted by all the trade rumors (he doesn't want to go anywhere)

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 4 2005, 10:40 PM)
I heard that the Dodgers were interested in Adam Dunn. Now that JD Drew has a broken wrist they are in a world of hurt!!!

The Reds don't want to deal until after the break. Dunn is an interesting player stats wise. He strikes out like nobody ever has, but he walks over 100 times a year, too. He hits 40 homers, and struggles to bat over .250. How often does a player like that come along?

I think the Reds are receptive to dealing Junior, also. Now that would be a typical stupid Yankee pickup, wouldn't it? Sheff for Junior? Nah, that can't happen. But they do need a center fielder in NY. There were other Reds out there that teams were interested in. Joe Randa was mentioned for the Dodgers, but they already passed him up last winter.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 4 2005, 10:48 PM)
I heard that the Dodgers were interested in Adam Dunn. Now that JD Drew has a broken wrist they are in a world of hurt!!!

The Reds don't want to deal until after the break. Dunn is an interesting player stats wise. He strikes out like nobody ever has, but he walks over 100 times a year, too. He hits 40 homers, and struggles to bat over .250. How often does a player like that come along?

I think the Reds are receptive to dealing Junior, also. Now that would be a typical stupid Yankee pickup, wouldn't it? Sheff for Junior? Nah, that can't happen. But they do need a center fielder in NY. There were other Reds out there that teams were interested in. Joe Randa was mentioned for the Dodgers, but they already passed him up last winter.

Sheffield rumor i heard was him going across town to Mets for Cameron and Cairo...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 4 2005, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 4 2005, 10:48 PM)

Sheffield rumor i heard was him going across town to Mets for Cameron and Cairo...

Who do you think that would benefit most???

Archived