Need to sell my Rush signed letters :(

hope you find a buyer...if i had some cash to throw around i'd take 'em...especially the letter from Neil. That alone has some serious comedic value right there! haha

I have tons of letters from Neil that I will sell for only $100 each. Just give me a subject that you want the letter to be about and I will write it... errr, I mean dig it up for you. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 2

Thanks to those that sent well wishes, I appriciate it. I too thought the letter was hillarious... As for me not replying earlier... sorry, I got a job... LOL These letters are legit. I would not risk my reputation on Ebay by offering up fake autographs. My feedback is over 180 positives.... so there is NO WAY, I would risk that.

The ALL CAPS handwriting of Neil in the body of the letter is identical to the lyrics sheets seen in Beyond the lighted stage....

I am no expert, but the Neil stuff seems on the up and up...

Geddy's signature is certainly not the one we are used to seeing but its possible its legit and just signed a little different, but let the buyer beware....

• Like 1

The Geddy autograph appears to be a fake - which makes me question the authenticity of the Neil autograph.

Did you request the autographs yourself, or are you not the original owner?

Edited by Derxst

I wouldn't completely rule out the authenticity...like nhlrush said, the all-caps handwriting is indicative of Neil's...I've seen a few signatures from different times in their career..each has its subtle differences...for example: on the ATWAS vinyl, Neil's autograph is hardly recognizable to the way he signs things today..

I am sorry you need to sell them. They certainly appear authentic. First of all, the stamps and envelopes would be very tough to fake unless one was a philatelist.

Geddy's handwriting is identical to other "messages" to fans from recent past; only his autograph is slightly different (like all of ours are over many years).

They're legit. Way too many right things—and no wrong ones.

Best of luck.

Picks are a different animal entirely and something I know nothing about.

The letters are a personalized item and would be harder to sell. Their autographs are not that valuable; it takes a unique or rare item that is authentically signed or owned to raise the value.

I am a long time collector of Rush autographs. In my opinion the Neil letter is authentic. The signature and the printing are absolutely consistent with his writing style and back in the day, he did take the time to write personalized letters to fans. As for the Geddy, it is possible. His sig has changed over the years, but here is a current version signed directly in front of me. It is quite different.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/GRohn/DSCF0889.jpg

is it possible that a signature can change slightly depending on how much of a hurry someone is in? I know mine can change a little, and I'm not getting 100s of things to scribble on every day

I'm not sure if being in a hurry would do it, but it's absolutely possible for anyone's signature to change as they go through life. I saw it on Pawn Stars - I believe it was a certain president's signature and there were 3 different versions, all from different times in his life, all slightly different, but all authentic. Hell, I know that my own has evolved over the years.