What goodies have you gotten from the boys at shows?

What things have you gotten when the boys throw them off the stage? Or been handed by techs, etc? T shirts, sticks, pics? How mch and how many?

Neil's sticks at the Time Machine Tour gig at PNC and a pick from Alex at the same show.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee378/ReGorLaTroy/100_2706.jpg

nice. two things at one show. very nice

many shows close to the stage. many things thrown right where i was. caught nothing. being short is not always a great thing. sob sob

Got a shirt from Geddy in Nashville this year, front row so he practically handed it to me...Neil had a stick get away from him during the show and Alex was about to throw it to me..but alas, there was a 5ish year old girl next to me so naturally he made sure she got it. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8559/8703784952_5a8b27c75c_z.jpg

Caught a shirt from Neils gun last month in Austin. Tried to post a pic, no luck. Can't figure out how to do it. Looks very similar to the Geddy shirt that EDM2112 posted. The front has his "graduation" pic. The back says:

"Neil Peart gave me this shirt. He says it will make me popular".

I was a little surprised that it was a "Medium". Do many people where medium shirts? Anyway, it's currently framed and hanging in my 14 year old's room (he's also a Rush fan).

Clem

Edited by clem

Alex had his tech give me a pick at my first show ever in my hometown of Anaheim.

That same night my husband caught a shirt from Geddy.

Two nights later Alex threw my husband a shirt, Geddy threw me one, and Michael brought us out each a set of sticks from Neil.

The story is on my profile, it was our honeymoon.

• Like 4

I was lucky enough to get a pair of sticks neil used for soundcheck during the vapor trails tour and got a pick from the same tour from Alex. I also obtained the chicken rotisserie shirt.
  • Like 1

Jack (Tony Geranios) is at stage right before & during the show and he always has plenty of picks to give away. Just ask him. Most of the time Howard (at FOH) has picks too. Again, just ask. They're happy to give them out.

I have got a couple of backstage passes and photopasses... :cool:
  • Like 1

I've bragged on this a few times already but... I got a Neil High School Graduation Photo shirt. On the back it says, "Neil Peart gave me this shirt. He says be cool or be cast out."

I'm more of a 'memories' rather than 'things' kinda guy so I sold it for $400 on eBay and saw Rush in Atlantic City.

I've bragged on this a few times already but... I got a Neil High School Graduation Photo shirt. On the back it says, "Neil Peart gave me this shirt. He says be cool or be cast out."

I'm more of a 'memories' rather than 'things' kinda guy so I sold it for $400 on eBay and saw Rush in Atlantic City.

Can't believe you sold it! But I guess if you used to money to see them again I can;t totally fault you. AC show was great. Geddy reached more with the vocals then i have ever seen him try.

I have one of everything they have ever given out.... :dweez:

How? I envy you. You are a lucky man.

I took my kids to a Nashville show. We were on Alex's side of the stage on the risers. The kids could look down where Al's guitar tech dwells. They were chatting with him, and he gave them setlist copies and a couple of picks. Nice guy!

I got a few picks from Tony at the Sarnia show on the TMT. I was sooo poor so I sold them to fund the next show in Detroit that spring.

Caught a "Slobovich says" shirt (Omaha 2010) and got a guitar pick from Tony (Dublin 2011).

Let me ask this question...

I am in the front row at SPAC. Are there things that you can do, etc, that will help you get swag? Keep in mind - no one wants to see me flash anything...

Edited by theanalogmiddleagedman

I am in the front row at SPAC. Are there things that you can do, etc, that will help you get swag? Keep in mind - no one wants to see me flash anything...

I dunno if there's anything that you can do to make it happen. I think I got lucky @ the O2 because I was standing in row 7 in front of Geddy all night during the show when I caught a t-shirt from him. I was dancing during the whole show and jumping up & down while he was throwing the shirts out into the crowd. Was it just luck or did he really notice me (female) jumping up & down hoping to catch a shirt? Who knows... Anyway I was soooo hoping one day I would be able to catch a shirt for years by now. And woohoo I was soooo happy when that day had finally arrived and he threw one at me :banana:

For the sticks, we had a sign. For the shirts, I begged Geddy. I was like "Geddy! Geddy! Geddy!" and I put my hands up in a little heart symbol and he smiled and threw me on, which I missed and another guy caught (I am horrible at catching things). So he did a tiny little throw to me (so sweet) to make sure I got the next one. As far as Alex, if you interact with him during the show, actually talk to him or do something funny, he will usually toss something over to you, he's a lot of fun during the shows.