Closed Websites

Ru5h F@n

How do you feel when you see your favorite website go down permanently? I know I freak because some websites are my favorites and losing them really makes me sad but hopes in the means of another one that will make even a stronger exposure to attract my attention again. :unsure:

I haven't had that happen yet, but if this Forum went down permanently, I don't know what I'd do...

I have a couple of rather opposing thoughts about this kind of idea, because on the one hand, when you're talking about a forum like this- an online community- then sure, it's a bummer if the whole thing just vanishes. In that instance, you just hope that you have some other kind of contact information- email addresses, anything- in order to keep in touch with the people you want to.

On the other hand, if I'm missing a website that was taken down that kept lists of quirky things sold at garage sales, or how much toilet paper people use on weekends versus weekdays (or whatever other minutiae you can think of; those are just a couple of random things that popped into my head), then I'd say I need to turn the computer off for awhile. There's a great big world out there! :P

I haven't had that happen yet, but if this Forum went down permanently, I don't know what I'd do...

I have a couple of rather opposing thoughts about this kind of idea, because on the one hand, when you're talking about a forum like this- an online community- then sure, it's a bummer if the whole thing just vanishes. In that instance, you just hope that you have some other kind of contact information- email addresses, anything- in order to keep in touch with the people you want to.

On the other hand, if I'm missing a website that was taken down that kept lists of quirky things sold at garage sales, or how much toilet paper people use on weekends versus weekdays (or whatever other minutiae you can think of; those are just a couple of random things that popped into my head), then I'd say I need to turn the computer off for awhile. There's a great big world out there! :P

I get your point..! :LOL:

I get your point..! :LOL:

:P I wasn't aiming it at you, or anybody else in particular; just an observation...

I have actually had that very thing happen with an online forum where I used to spend a ton of time...I had a post count in the five figures, and all that...and one day it was just gone, offline for good.

TRF moderators, please don't pay any attention this post! Just let us live!

And Thank you for all that you do! :) :) :)

This.

It would really bother me if this place went away. :(

This.

:hug2:

This.

Me too. I could count the people on one hand that I could remain in contact with were such a disaster occur. I'd wander aimlessly. :(

Fortunately, we have 73 (x'49) and other admins who do a stellar job maintaining TRF. It truly is a labour of love and it shows.

Thanks for all you do admins. You bring a lot of light to a lot of people's live and I am one.

This.

Me too. I could count the people on one hand that I could remain in contact with were such a disaster occur. I'd wander aimlessly. :(

Fortunately, we have 73 (x'49) and other admins who do a stellar job maintaining TRF. It truly is a labour of love and it shows.

Thanks for all you do admins. You bring a lot of light to a lot of people's live and I am one.

:clap: :yay: :ebert: :yay: :clap: The Admins and Mods do a great job! :clap: :yay: :ebert: :yay: :clap:

• Like 2

This.

:clap: :yay: :ebert: :yay: :clap: The Admins and Mods do a great job! :clap: :yay: :ebert: :yay: :clap:

D) All of the above

• Like 2

This.

D) All of the above

Yes! This is what I meant, too! Me three! (Or four, or five, or whatever it takes!)

• Like 1

I haven't seen it, but I've left a few sites as they were going downhill (a PSP and an old iOS hacking site from back when jailbreaking began). Personally, I'm rather glad they're gone, they became very depressing and poisonous sites when I left. With the guys in charge talking down to and outright insulting anyone who couldn't code like they could and handing out bans if you called them out. Edited by USB Connector

I haven't seen it, but I've left a few sites as they were going downhill (a PSP and an old iOS hacking site from back when jailbreaking began). Personally, I'm rather glad they're gone, they became very depressing and poisonous sites when I left. With the guys in charge talking down to and outright insulting anyone who couldn't code like they could and handing out bans if you called them out.

I didn't know some sites could do that.