mrvander

Listen to Armor & Sword. Obviously you know the real lyrics but this is one of this "purple haze - 'scuse me" lyric things. I swear you can "hear" this:

The battle flags are flown.

At the feet of a garden gnome.

• Like 1

Totally! :LOL:

I was actually shocked when I read the lyric sheet after a few years, and discovered that those aren't the real lyrics. I had even figured out that it being "garden gnome" made sense because there was an ad on TV at the time that featured a garden gnome, and it wouldn't have been the first time that Neil copped something for a lyric from an advertisement!

Edited by GeddysMullet

Yeah, it does sound a lot like "garden gnome," and I did have to look it up after the first time I heard the song. Now I'm kind of fond of the humor in the image the misheard lyric conjurs—it's quite a contrast with the serious, Arnoldian "confused alarms of struggle and flight."

It's so funny when you hear the wrong lyrics of a song!

Yes. Yes it is.

My all-time favorite has nothing to do with Rush - it's from Nazareth's Hair of the Dog, in the first verse: "I've been told about you... Steve rode a midnight soda."

To this day, I can't hear anything else and it still cracks me up when it comes on the radio!