Another tease of an Anniversary Tour.....41st or 42nd Anniversary tour???

nhlrush

2015: The Permanently Fly by Caressed Steel Tour!

Set 1:

FBN/COS Instrumedley:

(Anthem/ Best I Can/ Fly By Night/ Beneath, Between and Behind/ By-Tor and the Snowdog/ Bastile Day/ The Necromancer/ No One at the Bridge/ Didacts and Narpits/Bastile Day Reprise Ending)

Far Cry

Caravan

Red Barchetta

Cut to the Chase/ Alien Shore

Chain Lightning/ Open Secrets

Mal-Nar

Show Don't Tell

Clockwork Angels

2112 (O/T/F)

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Strings (Extended Solo)

Natural Science

The Anarchist

Test for Echo

New World Man

YYZ -Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/The Garden

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

:drool:

people bash each other on this site far too much.....

people are always saying, "oh, gee, another setlist, get a life."

Well you know what....

AWESOME SETLIST!!!

I would take this in a heartbeat....

if it was my setlist and a dream one at that, i would try to selfishly include personal favorites Cold Fire, Everyday Glory, Middletown Dreams, Afterimage and Open Secrets (just for alex's solo)

I actually had Open Secrets in it and changed it for Chain Lightning! But I'll tell you what, they can alternate them!

:D :LOL: :D

Edited by losingit2k

The Time Machine tour Sucked! MP in its entirety, big whip, they usually play 4-5 songs off that Damn album anyways. Give the fans what they want some older gems.

actually, that tour was f***ing amazing!

• Like 1

if you can't spend your free time looking over the catalog and making up a setlist, what are you supposed to do when the band is on break and then going to europe for a few weeks....

Listen to your faux set list on Itunes! Then wash and repeat!

:codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

The Time Machine tour Sucked! MP in its entirety, big whip, they usually play 4-5 songs off that Damn album anyways. Give the fans what they want some older gems.

They played Moving Pictures in it's entirety because that's what a majority of what THE FANS WANTED. Not just you.

And the Tour Sucked! These are the same fans who want to hear Limelight. Freewill, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Closer To the Heart, Subdivisions, Xanadu and The Trees every concert.

yes, because xanadu is such a hit for casual fans...

• Like 3

They played Moving Pictures in it's entirety because that's what a majority of what THE FANS WANTED. Not just you.

And the Tour Sucked! These are the same fans who want to hear Limelight. Freewill, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Closer To the Heart, Subdivisions, Xanadu and The Trees every concert.

yes, because xanadu is such a hit for casual fans...

Yes its right up there with Hemispheres, The Camera Eye, Natural Science and Cygnus X-1. All casual hits!

:drool:

I never mentioned casual fan. I will tell you what my definition of a Casual fan is. Someone who listens to the Classic Rock stations (In Chicago, the Loop and WDRV) likes the 6 or 7 Rush songs they play and go to the concert to hear those. To them Signals is Rush's latest album. I'm sorry you guys are all pissed that I didn't like the TMT, I just thought they could have played more songs that they hadn't played in a while. Like on this Awesome tour.

I never mentioned casual fan. I will tell you what my definition of a Casual fan is. Someone who listens to the Classic Rock stations (In Chicago, the Loop and WDRV) likes the 6 or 7 Rush songs they play and go to the concert to hear those. To them Signals is Rush's latest album. I'm sorry you guys are all pissed that I didn't like the TMT, I just thought they could have played more songs that they hadn't played in a while. Like on this Awesome tour.

You must be reading another thread because I haven't seen anything in here that sounded pissed off. They simply disagreed with you. You didn't post anything terrible or controversial...STUPID maybe but not terrible or controversial. ;)

And you make it sound like a casual fan is bad. Someone who willingly sees a Rush gig can only be a good thing. I've been to a handful of shows in which I knew few or even NONE of the tunes by the band and yet I still had a good time every time except once.

No one is mad. You just sounded egocentric in your opinion. Like the band has to play what you want and you only.

I don't know, I think that they did a great job putting the set together for TM. Time Stand Still, Presto, Marathon, The Camera Eye and Vital Signs are pretty nice rarities. They even played 2 brand new songs mixed in with a mess of recent tunes and classics. I think it's an ideal mix. To me and many others, this tour is too lopsided, with 80's rarities and new material absolutely dominating and very little of anything else. I personally still enjoyed the show immensely, but I could see why people wouldn't.

Hey I have an idea for all the setlist complainers out there. Here's what you do. You go see the band every tour and when you do you get the less often played cuts like Mission on the S & A tour, ALL of 2112 and Natural Science on the T4E tour, Manhattan Project and all the other PoW songs on CA, Between The Wheels and Mystic Rhythms on R30, Between The Sun & Moon and Cygnus X-1 on VT, By-Tor on a couple of tours, Presto and The Camera Eye on TMT and so on and so forth. See the deeper cuts are played folks whether it's a "greatest hits" tour like the TMT or an "album" tour like CA or T4E. If you're older than 25, you've had the opportunity in the last 16 or so years to see a lot of deep cuts. I have and I've enjoyed them all immensely. Of course I've enjoyed "The Spirit of Radio" each time immensely too. If you're not 25, I'm sorry but I can't change that. Oh, and for you younger folks and those that couldn't afford to attend each tour or didn't live close enough, there are commercial release DVDs and Blu-Rays of all the tours I've mentioned with excellent performances of those deeper cuts except T4E and if you need a copy of that one there's a 2 cam audience boot of excellent quality out there for that as well.

But hey, since we've gotten nothing from Caress outside of a Bastille Day tease and they still haven't played fukking Jacob's Ladder (the same endless complaints we heard about Camera Eye for like 15 years right?), their setlists suck and so does my post eh?.

Looking forward to the next tour after CA assuming it does happen. I will go and I will love it because nearly every song they play will be one I'll enjoy no matter what those songs are because I enjoy nearly every thing they've done.

Edited by driventotheedge

The boys have a tough job picking the setlist. They want to have fun playing, want to please the hardcore fans, and need to please the "pop" fans in order to fill the house. They try to play the most popular songs each tour, and a few rarities. I personally would love to see the set open with Finding My Way. First set end with Cygnus, and second set open with Hemispheres. Maybe play all of the fear saga. But that is almost definitely a dream.

But after all the amazimn music they have given us for the past 4 decades, I don't care what they play. If they play, I will be there.

The boys have a tough job picking the setlist. They want to have fun playing, want to please the hardcore fans, and need to please the "pop" fans in order to fill the house. They try to play the most popular songs each tour, and a few rarities. I personally would love to see the set open with Finding My Way. First set end with Cygnus, and second set open with Hemispheres. Maybe play all of the fear saga. But that is almost definitely a dream.

But after all the amazimn music they have given us for the past 4 decades, I don't care what they play. If they play, I will be there.

Freeze would be crazy live.

And what exactly is so wrong with those songs? Oh! By the way, you forgot The Spirit of Radio and 2112 Overture/Temples/ Finale! Regardless, It still leaves 16 other songs to choose from to complete the setlist.

Now that said, I think the most possible next outing for the guys would be in 2015. Not only would it be the 40th Anniversary of Fly By Night and Caress of Steel but more importantly, it will also be the 35th Anniversary of Permanent Waves. It would be nice to hear Permanent Waves in its Entirety and finally give the fans their much requested Jacob's Ladder. It would make for an intereting setlist!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

But don't forget, it will also be the 30th for Power Windows, and that album has songs that NEED to be played (yes it's sarcasm but at the same time it's my favorite album so I can dream)

• Like 1

And what exactly is so wrong with those songs? Oh! By the way, you forgot The Spirit of Radio and 2112 Overture/Temples/ Finale! Regardless, It still leaves 16 other songs to choose from to complete the setlist.

Now that said, I think the most possible next outing for the guys would be in 2015. Not only would it be the 40th Anniversary of Fly By Night and Caress of Steel but more importantly, it will also be the 35th Anniversary of Permanent Waves. It would be nice to hear Permanent Waves in its Entirety and finally give the fans their much requested Jacob's Ladder. It would make for an intereting setlist!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

But don't forget, it will also be the 30th for Power Windows, and that album has songs that NEED to be played (yes it's sarcasm but at the same time it's my favorite album so I can dream)

Yes you can: Here's to Emotion Detector!

:cheers:

• Like 1

I look forward to the '41st Anniversary Tour'. I think it be so funny with a title like that, fitting in with their sense of humour, and let's face it the chances of a 40th anniversary tour are looking pretty slim now timing wise especially as they've said they're taking a long break after this tour. I know I'm stating the obvious when they do come back they'll be a little bit older too, which is a concern after reading about all the routines, exercise and sacrifices they go through I order to be fit enough to go on the road.
  • Like 2

I look forward to the '41st Anniversary Tour'. I think it be so funny with a title like that, fitting in with their sense of humour, and let's face it the chances of a 40th anniversary tour are looking pretty slim now timing wise especially as they've said they're taking a long break after this tour. I know I'm stating the obvious when they do come back they'll be a little bit older too, which is a concern after reading about all the routines, exercise and sacrifices they go through I order to be fit enough to go on the road.

As said.....I think we should feel fortunate anytime they hit the stage beyond the end of the tour on August 4....

I wonder how they will balance their love of playing live shows with the deeper personal sacrifices that they will make as they continue to get older....

At some point the physical nature of playing long concerts is going to catch up with them no matter how in shape they are or how well they take care of themselves....

The fact that 60-year-old Neil is currently doing what he does on stage is incredible to me....will a 67-year-old Neil be able to pull it off seven years from now? one can hope, but......

• Like 3

The Camera Eye. End Thread.

Time Machine was not a great tour, but The Camera Eye was a tremendous highlight.

As said.....I think we should feel fortunate anytime they hit the stage beyond the end of the tour on August 4....

I wonder how they will balance their love of playing live shows with the deeper personal sacrifices that they will make as they continue to get older....

At some point the physical nature of playing long concerts is going to catch up with them no matter how in shape they are or how well they take care of themselves....

The fact that 60-year-old Neil is currently doing what he does on stage is incredible to me....will a 67-year-old Neil be able to pull it off seven years from now? one can hope, but......

That's true. But if you look back at the ASoH dvd, Neil looks like he's about to die during his solo. Sure, he nails it (of course) but it looks much more effortless these days.

There is a pretty good chance we'll never hear The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt and Vital Signs live ever again....so for that reason alone, I was okay with the full MP..

yes, The first four songs off of the album have been played live plenty.....but it is their signature album as far as sales and popular culture....

I guarantee if they played all of Caress of Steel, these boards would have threads complaining big time...i say....bring it on...I would actually take just about any full length album live at this point, it would force them to play certain songs that never normally would see the light of day....

The Necromancer's been growing on me lately. Have Dave Grohl come out in a black bathrobe and do the narrative between pieces. Instant awesomeness.

That's true. But if you look back at the ASoH dvd, Neil looks like he's about to die during his solo. Sure, he nails it (of course) but it looks much more effortless these days.

His playing style now is very different, he seems all about the wrists and less about the arms. Plus the solo from ASOH looks heaps harder to play than his newer- but still great- solos now.

Pish posh. To them, a long break is probably a weeks worth of wine drinking. Then, back to work. :D