Greatest TV seasons ever

Lost In Xanadu

I think the first couple of seasons of All In The Family deserve an honorable mention. That was some damn good TV right there.

Charlie's Angels seassons 1 to 3. Once Kate Jackson left, the show wasn't as good, in my opinion.

I think the first couple of seasons of All In The Family deserve an honorable mention. That was some damn good TV right there.

If we're going to get in the way back machine, then every season of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Funniest TV show. Ever!

If we're going to get in the way back machine, then every season of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Funniest TV show. Ever!

The Dick van Dyke show was a riot!

• Like 1

Actually, I'd say the first four seasons. When Rhoda left, (for her own series) the show lost something. The two had great chemistry together.

Actually, I'd say the first four seasons. When Rhoda left, (for her own series) the show lost something. The two had great chemistry together.

Come on! The Chuckles episode is from season six.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLJrcS8lsg

Come on! The Chuckles episode is from season six.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLJrcS8lsg

Oh, I know, but I like seasons 2 and 3 the best. Although Betty White as Sue Ann was a good addition to the show. "Put on a Happy Face" from season 3 has got to be one of the funniest episodes of that series. Can't find a youtube video for it.

Yeah. There have been many good sitcoms but All In The Family TRULY took chances. I try to forget the terrible latter seasons though.

Other shows: the first seasons of Kung Fu and Heroes

That season of Rosanne after she won the lottery

Any season of the Jeffersons.

Amen! season two

All of Fawlty Towers

Seasons 1&2 of Ren and Stimpy

The first few seasons of Family Guy

Firefly

Season 2 of Fringe

Season 3 (so far) of Game of Thrones

All of The Honeymooners

Curb Your Enthusiasm - season 3

Veronica Mars - season 2

Alias - season 2

Simpsons - season 5

I was just coming to add Curb's season 3. Great call! and I agree with another poster who listed the first season of Lost. What a season that was!

The X-Files (the first 5 or 6 seasons)

Oo! Forgot that one! Yeah, the Duchovny Years of "The X-Files."

Although I'm different than most X-Files fans. I prefer the stand-alone episodes over the ones about "the Mythology."

Although I'm different than most X-Files fans. I prefer the stand-alone episodes over the ones about "the Mythology."

Best episode of all was that one with the inbreds. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about.

Best episode of all was that one with the inbreds. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about.

Fourth season, second episode. It was called "Home" and was the first X-Files episode to get a "viewer discretion" warning before it began.

A few episodes I like which come to mind: the two episodes about the stretchy guy ("Squeeze" and "Tooms"), the episode about the half-man/half-fluke living in the sewer ("The Host"), and the funny episode about the creature which killed Suburbia-dwellers whose homes were imperfect ("Arcadia"). Another funny episode: "Bad Blood," in which Mulder diverts an obsessive-compulsive vampire by flinging a bag of sunflower seeds; the upset vampire is compelled to pick them up rather than attack Mulder.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/MeetThePetriesXFiles.jpg

Scully and Mulder, undercover as yuppie suburbanites "Rob and Laura Petrie," in "Arcadia."

Edited by GeddyRulz

Amen! season two

You forgot the third season of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-air. :LMAO:

• Like 1

Amen! season two

Why just the 3rd? That show was awesome.

• Like 1

Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica

Series 5 of Doctor Who

Just two randomly off the top of my head. For BSG it was a toss up between 2 or 3 but I decided to go with 3 as that ending was just awesome. Season 4 went off the rails a bit for me, but there were some stellar episodes in there such as the Oath and Blood on the Scales, and especially the finale, but overall I feel the season is inferior to the previous 3.

I loved all of BSG, but yes, season 3 was especially great. http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon_newanime006.gif Exodus Pt. II may have the coolest effect I've ever seen when Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, fell 100,000 feet and then jumped away.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked016.gif

I've never understood Dr. Who.

Season 5 of 24 was really good too.

The Simpsons ... too much, too funny, hurt brain (stupid brain) ...

Amen! season two

Why just the 3rd? That show was awesome.

Whaaa? :eh:

Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica

Series 5 of Doctor Who

Just two randomly off the top of my head. For BSG it was a toss up between 2 or 3 but I decided to go with 3 as that ending was just awesome. Season 4 went off the rails a bit for me, but there were some stellar episodes in there such as the Oath and Blood on the Scales, and especially the finale, but overall I feel the season is inferior to the previous 3.

I loved all of BSG, but yes, season 3 was especially great. http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon_newanime006.gif Exodus Pt. II may have the coolest effect I've ever seen when Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, fell 100,000 feet and then jumped away.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked016.gif

I've never understood Dr. Who.

Season 5 of 24 was really good too.

The Simpsons ... too much, too funny, hurt brain (stupid brain) ...

I loved all of it as well, but I felt season four was the weakest season of all. But the weakest of BSG is still light years ahead of Star Trek Voyager. I think to be more specific the second half of season four was weak, the first half was pretty good. The thing that annoyed me was the episode when Ellen Tigh came back and had a go at Saul for fracking Six, when she was fracking Cavill at the beginning of Season three, And didn't have a problem with it.

• Like 1