What were the best seats you have had for a RUSH show?

The presale gods smiled on me and blessed me with 5th row Geddy in Charlotte last year. I'm still holding out for that elusive 1st row Alex, though.

front row right in front of Geddy in Las Vegas in november! best. night. ever.
  • Like 1

CA - 1st Row Pittsburgh/ Time Machine - 10th Row Pittsburgh - 3rd Row Jiffy Lube (back to back shows)/ S&A - 5th Row Pittsburgh; 5th Row Buffalo; 8th Row Pittsburgh (second leg) - I have 3rd row for Hershey but may not go.

I've been front row several times over the years.

First time was on the P/g! tour in Saginaw, Michigan.. it was a G.A. show and quite honestly, I was miserable but it was worth it.

I was front row at Wendler Arena in Saginaw twice in 1979. Same thing, it was general admission. When the doors opened we ran as fast as we could to the barrier and just held your ground. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Third row Alex side for Roll The Bones 1991 in Pittsburgh. It was the third show of the tour, the audience was very enthusiastic and Ged and Alex were really enjoying themselves.

Front row center (which was more towards Al) Time Machine tour at Sleep Country Amphitheater in Ridgefield, WA (Portland, OR area). Paid face value for them by just happening to be lucky enough to get in right as the presale started. An absolutely AMAZING experience! Was also 3rd row in front of Ged for R30, 9th row Al's side at The Gorge for TMT 5 days after being front row, row 16 center for CA last Nov., row 16 center for CA this coming July, row 30 center for SA Live, row 25 center at The Gorge for VT and around row 25 festival standing at the Coliseum in Seattle for the PoW tour. Edited by driventotheedge

Friend and I bought 7th row floor centre seats off of scalper to see Rush at home , Maple Leaf Gardens, for the Counterparts tour. I think we paid 70 bucks each, which is a bargain for these times. Great T.O. band I Mother Earth opened the show and were fantastic. To top it all my buddy caught Neil's drumstick that he tossed. Good Times.

Friend and I bought 7th row floor centre seats off of scalper to see Rush at home , Maple Leaf Gardens, for the Counterparts tour. I think we paid 70 bucks each, which is a bargain for these times. Great T.O. band I Mother Earth opened the show and were fantastic. To top it all my buddy caught Neil's drumstick that he tossed. Good Times.

front row right in front of Geddy in Las Vegas in november! best. night. ever.

I'm hoping this is where I end up for Hershey. I'm front row in sec. A1, but don't have the actual seat number yet.

Update: tix arrived today—seats 3&4. I'm guessing these are right near the outside aisle if the seat numbers run from A1 toward B1. I'd be very happy if they ran from the inner aisle instead, but that just doesn't seem likely. Anyway, I hope this isn't a venue where stage ends halfway across the row, putting me far away from the band.

Edited by HalfwayToGone

Got VIP to San Diego in November and ended up being the girl right in front of the beautiful Mr. Lee and his mic.

I can now die happy.

Nice. That would be the ultimate seat. Congrats.

I have been rather lucky, all seats obtained via normal ticket outlets on presale days, no VIP, no Ebay.

Front Row R30 London

Second Row R30 Birmingham

Third row R30 Manchester

2nd Row SNA Manchester

3rd Row SNA Birmingham

Front Row TMT Dublin

2nd Row TMT Birmingham

Front Row CA Birmingham

wow. I can't believe you got those seats from normal purchase. That's incredible.

Front row Permanent waves tour Manchester Apollo 1980. Bit of a story to this one;- back in those days we had to queue up outside the venue which meant me having to miss a morning at school. Well, I got rumbled and got suspended for a week. Never been able to work out why they gave me 5 for free........................?

Anyway, night of the concert and we went to our seats, which weren't there because of the light/sound desk. Got told by management of the hall we'd have to stand at the back. Well, we weren't having that so after a bit of a discussion we were instructed to wait along the wall on Al's side of the stage. Cue houselights and as Overture kicked in we got shoved in front of Alex, front row. What a gig!!

• Like 1

On the Signals tour I was smashed up against the stage all night in Nashville. I never got any closer (and if I had I guess I would have been on the stage), but for the May 1st show in Nashville this year I was in the HCA private suite with free booze and food. The difference between the ages of 17 and 47 are just personally amazing when you think about the passage of time. They were younger and so was I. They are older and so am I. Up against the stage and sitting in a private box... both experiences are burned in my memory for the rest of my life. Between the first show and the latest I have sat on the floor from the 4th row and off the floor to the club level. I wouldn't trade any of those shows for anything.

Just bought tickets for Salt Lake City to see my 10th show and still haven't been able to get closer than the 7th row that I got for the Time Machine tour. I have been averaging better than 11th row for the last few shows so it could certainly be worse, would love to see just one front row show though. Edited by Apollo

On the Signals tour I was smashed up against the stage all night in Nashville. I never got any closer (and if I had I guess I would have been on the stage), but for the May 1st show in Nashville this year I was in the HCA private suite with free booze and food. The difference between the ages of 17 and 47 are just personally amazing when you think about the passage of time. They were younger and so was I. They are older and so am I. Up against the stage and sitting in a private box... both experiences are burned in my memory for the rest of my life. Between the first show and the latest I have sat on the floor from the 4th row and off the floor to the club level. I wouldn't trade any of those shows for anything.

I had a suite for The Eagles in 2010 at The Rose Garden in Portland, OR. I found it a very different type of concert experience. You entered and exited through a completely seperate entrance from everyone else, got free food & booze like you got, decent view of the show, etc. But, it seemed to me that I was too insulated and I'm not sure I'd repeat it again,, especially for Rush. However, the price was right (free!!) so maybe I would. :laughing guy: